Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2022, 12:34 PM

10,086 posts, read 7,761,924 times

Advertisements

I just hope when Biden goes over for the funeral he does't fart again in front of royalty. Let's hope someone feeds him some Gas X.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2022, 03:20 PM

9,530 posts, read 16,512,408 times
I think it would be nice and I think it would be respectful, if people just made a simple respectful comment and left it at that. This of all threads at this time should be nothing more than that.

It must be beyond difficult for the new king to lose his mother, and immediately become the King. No matter how much preparation there has been, one can never really prepare for that. He lost both his parents 2 years in a row, and now he is King. He definitely has his hands full and I wish him a successful reign as King. I hope that his family will find a way to come together.

Old 09-13-2022, 07:56 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 1 day ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
Im not belaboring a point, really I am not, so what the heckfire was this:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/poli...monwealth.html

you started it. you claim the idea came from within the US (it did not, all sources were extra-US) and if anyone in command here ever even suggested it, even as ruined as we are due to 'woke', they would have been strung up.

and again, you have not read what I wrote. evidenced by a) you never quoted me ever and b) you attributed to me saying the EXACT opposite of what I actually did. The search function is there and it does work from time to time.

ps: if you did in fact sincerely mean I was wrong in what I actually wrote, and you hold the opposite stance, then you are OK with H&M and their destructive little vignettes? splain. I wrote for years that any involvement (in what was a backhanded stab to *US*) with anything hollywood would be highly destructive. and now you tell me I am wrong? double splain.
As can clearly be seen, it was based on media stories at the time.

Most of the countries that made up the British Empire are now part of the Commonwealth of Nations, and according to recent media reports, the USA is considering becoming an associate member.

What is wrong with starting threads about news/media stories or the latest politics back in 2017.

Plans could see the US become part of Commonwealth | Metro News

Exclusive: United States could become an 'associate member' of the Commonwealth - Telegraph

Could the US join the Commonwealth as an 'associate member' post Brexit?

United States could become associated member of the Commonwealth | UK | News | Express.co.uk

May to discuss how to boost US-UK migration with Trump, say sources - Guardian

Member countries | The Commonwealth

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-13-2022 at 08:05 AM..

Old 09-13-2022, 08:03 AM

I remember my late friend English Dave, starting threads that were far more controversial.

Why America is the world's most uniquely cruel society - City Data Forum - Politics and Other Controversies

Here's the latest US Media analysis from The New York Times, CNN and The View.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AeszTBuSWA

Old 09-13-2022, 09:11 AM

The Stone of Destiny is now being moved to London in preparation for the Coronation at Westminster Abbey.

Stone of Destiny to return to Westminster Abbey for coronation - BBC News

Old 09-13-2022, 09:23 AM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
The Stone of Destiny is now being moved to London in preparation for the Coronation at Westminster Abbey.

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-62875378"]Stone of Destiny to return to Westminster Abbey for coronation - BBC News[/URL]
I watched a program a long time ago that mentioned the stone and had forgotten all about it. Very interesting. Has a date for the coronation been announced?

Old 09-13-2022, 09:46 AM

10,846 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
As can clearly be seen, it was based on media stories at the time.

Most of the countries that made up the British Empire are now part of the Commonwealth of Nations, and according to recent media reports, the USA is considering becoming an associate member.

What is wrong with starting threads about news/media stories or the latest politics back in 2017.

Plans could see the US become part of Commonwealth | Metro News

Exclusive: United States could become an 'associate member' of the Commonwealth - Telegraph

Could the US join the Commonwealth as an 'associate member' post Brexit?

United States could become associated member of the Commonwealth | UK | News | Express.co.uk

May to discuss how to boost US-UK migration with Trump, say sources - Guardian

Member countries | The Commonwealth

There is a reason it pays to read your own sources. What has happened is a facebook page that has exactly zero support in our senate (where such things must originate) nor from our people

Quote:
While it may be interested in opening an RCS branch in the USA, this should not be confused with offering the USA membership in the Commonwealth.
you do know at this moment we have strained diplomatic relations with the UK due this admin right? the most recent being the UK defying Bidens order to not supply Ukr. war materiel earlier this year (we have this whole huge thread on it....)

you might want to understand better what it takes/means to be an american and not fail to read the room. Every time that happens we create a whole new set of artificial reefs from your fleet....just sayin. WE area the friendliest most inviting people on the planet, and I speak for all of us that we would reject - violently - any notion of us coming any closer to any monarchy beyond simple civility.

ETA: I just read yesterday that with the queens death, every member state in the Caribbean is considering exiting. And offering statehood to canadian provinces - not just the maritimes - is always on the table. (cept mebbe quebec)

Old 09-13-2022, 09:49 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I have been watching the various events this morning. It seems to me this whole preplanned 10 days of mourning doesn't allow Charles, the son, any time to mourn his mother. Why is he having to spend the day and the next week going from place to place giving speeches? It seems rather strange to make him do this when his mother just died.
It's all about duty, and Charles seemingly has inherited that from his mother. I get the feeling he'd no sooner buck tradition than he would cut off his own head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
They generate a lot of money in tourism for the UK. That's really about all they bring to the table these days. Although with King Charles III and Queen Consort Camilla that might not prove as lucrative as it did in the era of the well loved Queen Elizabeth.
Maybe, but William and Kate will become the attraction.

Quote:
I don't understand Americans lecturing the UK in relation to how historic traditions and the way we do things, as we can decide such issues for ourselves
Agreed. Imagine the outrage if the British tried to tell Americans how to run their country. We'd probably bomb London.

Quote:
cuz the largest story in the US at the moment, even after we threw off the yoke with guns and bombs and harsh language is....THIS?
One has nothing to do with the other. It's been 246 years. Let it go.

Quote:
a brit (I assume you are a brit) excoriating americans to stay out of british/UK/English 'business' after we have endured appx 250 years of....oh never mind.
Of what? I'm curious, because I can't think of anything I've had to "endure" from the British, except perhaps for Rick Astley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockiestoandes View Post
Canada already de facto has 2-tier monarchy, with hereditary power dynasties such as Trudeau and Ford ruling, as 2nd tier monarchs under demonic colonialist British elites, this is why Canadians I think still can't leave the country (at least it's so on paper) without experimental injections. Watch out for slavery being pushed.
Nothing about this paragraph is factual.

Quote:
Sad as the queen's death is - didn't we all think she'd live forever? - I'm looking forward to the pomp and pageantry of the coronation.

Old 09-13-2022, 09:56 AM

4,297 posts, read 1,555,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
It's all about duty, and Charles seemingly has inherited that from his mother. I get the feeling he'd no sooner buck tradition than he would cut off his own head.
Having a head removed is somewhat of a tradition for kings named Charles.

Old 09-13-2022, 12:09 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterbeard View Post
Having a head removed is somewhat of a tradition for kings named Charles.
LOL.

I wonder if at some point Charles went into the bathroom alone and secretly starting dancing around singing, "I am the Kii-iing, I am the Kii-iing."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies