Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 01:24 AM

6,743 posts, read 6,733,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What do you mean by "untaxed inheritance"?.

https://www.scotsman.com/news/uk-new...ce-tax-2471784

Most of what you posted is selective and excludes income from the Duchy of Lancaster and Cornwall which go straight to the crown even though it's publicly owned property.

Separately, she is responsible for the children she raised, including the pedo. She was an absent mother and they were awful kids. Chuck is just an idiot, Anne and Edward are useless, and the pedo is the pedo.

Re: inbreeding, maybe it's common in your family, but unlike Chuck, my parents are not related. Phil was Liz's cousin, continuing a long tradition which included Victoria marrying her first cousin. I always laugh at the "V&A" Museum in London. Would be like naming a NY art museum after an Appalachain family of married cousins.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:03 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
This question is a bit like asking 'what did your grandmother ever do to improve peoples lives'!

Old 09-09-2022, 04:09 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
Question in title
This probably won’t be a popular post, because so many people seem to want to revere these pompous blue blood ner-do-wells for some bizarre reason. But these elitists operate in there own world that you aren't a part of, and aren’t aware of, and likely wouldn’t even believe exists. So I’ll not delve too much into the drug and human trafficking, and other activities they run globally. No amount of evidence would likely convince people of the unseen evil these elitists are responsible for anyways.

But I’ll just ask everyone to ask themselves … if you had the power and the ability to guarantee that not a single one of the Millions of children that are malnourished would go to bed hungry ever again, and all it required was a wave of your hand, and your order would be carried out, what would you do? Would you say, nah, let them starve? Why should I care? Or, would you do what any decent human being would do, and say begin immediately, and without delay! Well, for 70 years, she looked the other way.

The reality is, Elizabeth II owned more land on Earth than any other person alive. She was worth TRILLIONS, and her image can be found on the currency of several nations. As the longest reining Monarch in history, it’s not like she didn’t have plenty of time to achieve a multitude of amazing things, so it shouldn’t be hard to find a few BIG ACHIEVEMENTS to credit her with, but in reality, like most of her kind, her legacy might be measured in how many coins she tossed from her Royal Carriage as it passed, or how she might acknowledge the commoners from time to time with a wave and a smile.

Why people worship these clowns is a mystery to me.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:15 AM

8,806 posts, read 6,112,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
This probably won’t be a popular post, because so many people seem to want to revere these pompous blue blood ner-do-wells for some bizarre reason. But these elitists operate in there own world that you aren't a part of, and aren’t aware of, and likely wouldn’t even believe exists. So I’ll not delve too much into the drug and human trafficking, and other activities they run globally. No amount of evidence would likely convince people of the unseen evil these elitists are responsible for anyways.

But I’ll just ask everyone to ask themselves … if you had the power and the ability to guarantee that not a single one of the Millions of children that are malnourished would go to bed hungry ever again, and all it required was a wave of your hand, and your order would be carried out, what would you do? Would you say, nah, let them starve? Why should I care? Or, would you do what any decent human being would do, and say begin immediately, and without delay! Well, for 70 years, she looked the other way.

The reality is, Elizabeth II owned more land on Earth than any other person alive. She was worth TRILLIONS, and her image can be found on the currency of several nations. As the longest reining Monarch in history, it’s not like she didn’t have plenty of time to achieve a multitude of amazing things, so it shouldn’t be hard to find a few BIG ACHIEVEMENTS to credit her with, but in reality, like most of her kind, her legacy might be measured in how many coins she tossed from her Royal Carriage as it passed, or how she might acknowledge the commoners from time to time with a wave and a smile.

All of this. I’m sorta surprised to see how many people on this forum are not aware of what you mentioned. Surely if they were, they wouldn’t be mourning her….

Old 09-09-2022, 04:16 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,029,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

I assume you've given away every penny you own to the people living in tents in LA?

"Queen Elizabeth II has served as patron for more than 600 charity organizations, the majority of which she has served for more than 60 years. These organizations include the British Red Cross, Cancer Research U.K., Blind Veterans U.K. and Save the Children U.K. By serving as patron to these charities, the queen directs the public’s attention to important causes and helps them to raise more money than they could otherwise. She does this partly by making appearances at events put on by these charities. Most members of the royal family have a number of charities that they support, but the Queen and her husband, the Duke of Edinburgh, are patrons to the greatest number.

In 2012 alone, the queen helped these organizations raise £1.4 billion. This cements her position as one of the most impactful philanthropists in the world. In addition to this impressive track record, she also donates her own money to causes close to her heart. In 2015, she sent personal money to Nepal after hearing the news of the earthquake that devastated the country."

https://www.borgenmagazine.com/queen...ct-on-poverty/

Last edited by easthome; 09-09-2022 at 04:40 AM..

Old 09-09-2022, 04:22 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by End Game View Post
Question in title

She made it possible for her son and grandsons to marry women that would never give them the time of day if they didn't have royal titles.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:55 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,270,262 times
Not a clue. Hopefully something, but never paid much attention to the British Royalty. RIP
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies