Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 02:47 PM

10,479 posts, read 6,991,011 times

Advertisements

If we want to get into the evils of bloodline of Puerto Rico. The population is almost entirely the bloodline of decedents of conquistadors who came in and enslaved Taíno Indians for gold mining operations, raped and mixed with the women. After the goldmines were depleted the people of Puerto Rico imported African Slaves for nearly 300 years branding them in the forehead which meant they were in their country legally, and sexual abuse was the norm., which resulted in the mixed society. It was very common Puerto Ricans to own slaves and have slaves on their own residence until the mid-late 1800's. The racism in Puerto Rico is large to bare, there's actually an entire genre of poetry about it written in the 20th century.

Old 09-09-2022, 02:52 PM

5,581 posts, read 2,307,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
...They will never vote for statehood...
They voted for statehood. It passed in Nov 2020. Perhaps you were still crying MAGA tears due to Trump's loss, and missed the PR election results for statehood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_P...tus_referendum

Old 09-09-2022, 02:56 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most of those being bussed all over our country are not illegal aliens they are asylum seekers. The fact is though statistically 80% of them are making bogus claims and that's why they should have to wait outside of our country until their claims can be verified. They are given a hearing date and most of them don't show up because they know they don't have a case so they disappear into our country for good. This BS needs to stop!

83% of asylum seekers show up for court, that rises to 99% if they have a lawyer.

Last year 37% of asylum seekers were granted asylum and another 5% were granted some other form of immigration relief. So 42% were allowed to stay in the United States.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:28 PM

13,450 posts, read 4,289,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
Remember the Maine!

You could argue that the US government was forced to go to war with Spain by American citizens (specifically Hearst and Pulitzer). when the Maine sunk, the Dept of war told McKinley it was an accident

So they went to war and landed all the way in the Philippines because of a ship that sunk in the port of Cuba that there wasn't any hard evidence that Spain did it? I guess that is the story. We heard this before in the pre Vietnam war and other operations.

It was well designed. They wanted to take out the empire of Spain from the sea routes and commerce. It was all part of a bigger plan with the canal of Panama.Whoever controls the sea lanes dominates the economy.

Old 09-09-2022, 03:43 PM

Quote:
No, I would never violate another country's immigration laws and take from their citizens what doesn't belong to me nor would I make bogus asylum claims. So your excusing them based on what some corrupt politicians and greedy employers want? There is no innocent party here. The corrupt politicians, greedy employers and the illegal aliens themselves are equally guilty of breaking the law! You apparently don't care about the negative impact that these illegal aliens and bogus asylum claiments have on our own citizens. Why is that?

When did I call Puerto Ricans illegal aliens?
I blame the power. The U.S. government and the U.S. economy that makes the demand for cheap labor and allows it . I don't blame the poor person. It's like blaming kids in a classroom for bad teachers, bad principals, bad leadership and bad system.

I apparently don't care? I just told you how you go the source of the problem and doing actual changes. Your solution is blaming mainly the poor people that have NO power and play the catch and deport game forever.

I don't think it's equally blame. Not in power and not in revenues. We disagree on this. Maybe is my training in the military that trained me to analyze the situation first before applying a re-action.

You want to take this down, force the government to enforce the law and go after the power of corporations exploiting cheap labor for economy. Close down sanctuary cities, no benefits for any illegal and their kids including free school. Close down the money send places all over the U.S. to 3rd world countries unless they can prove their income and force the I.R.S. to confiscate money earn under the table but who are you fooling? the U.S. will never do that and lose money or control or you can return and blame the poor souls and play the catch and deport game full time see how far that gets you.

So why is illegal immigration part of a topic of Puerto Rico? Shouldn't that be in another topic?

Old 09-09-2022, 03:58 PM

1,812 posts, read 2,224,099 times
Puerto Rico should be a state, the US Virgin Islands should be part of that state, they are only like 60 miles from PR.

DC should be a state as well.

California, Texas and maybe Florida should be broken up into multiple states. We probably should have a law that if a state hits 5% of the national population, break it in two. Better for government management, better for representation in Congress.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
If we want to get into the evils of bloodline of Puerto Rico. The population is almost entirely the bloodline of decedents of conquistadors who came in and enslaved Taíno Indians for gold mining operations, raped and mixed with the women. After the goldmines were depleted the people of Puerto Rico imported African Slaves for nearly 300 years branding them in the forehead which meant they were in their country legally, and sexual abuse was the norm., which resulted in the mixed society. It was very common Puerto Ricans to own slaves and have slaves on their own residence until the mid-late 1800's. The racism in Puerto Rico is large to bare, there's actually an entire genre of poetry about it written in the 20th century.

What does that has to do that they are U.S. Citizens and the present?

Old 09-09-2022, 05:47 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
No, I would never violate another country's immigration laws and take from their citizens what doesn't belong to me nor would I make bogus asylum claims. So your excusing them based on what some corrupt politicians and greedy employers want? There is no innocent party here. The corrupt politicians, greedy employers and the illegal aliens themselves are equally guilty of breaking the law! You apparently don't care about the negative impact that these illegal aliens and bogus asylum claiments have on our own citizens. Why is that?

When did I call Puerto Ricans illegal aliens?
Usually the very same corrupt politicians they put in power. If the illegals flooding this country under the lie of "asylum seeking" were really top-notch people, they would be working to make their own homes into decent places to live and make a living, not supporting whatever corrupt thugs promised them the biggest handouts. Granted-we could say much the same about many voters in this country, but the difference is, the are American citizens. American taxpayers don't need to be slaves and made to work for and provide for everyone in the world that is looking for a handout.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:52 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
The United States itself needs to figure out what it should do with Puerto Rico and not let Puerto Rico decide. They will never vote for statehood, and cant blame them as they dont pay federal taxes but reap all the benefits.

Its a spoil of a war that the US never wanted, they have their own culture, they are their own race, language, identity and are very different than Americans.

The United States does not use them much as a Military base as they used too. Im all for independence of Puerto Rico, and/or a possible trade with Denmark for Greenland that has been discussed.
Puerto Rico has voted for statehood the last 2 times it came up.
The first was overwhelming, but the opponents boycotted, presumably because they knew they would lose.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:55 PM
bu2

24,101 posts, read 14,879,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swake View Post
Many land owners in Puerto Rico were alive in 1899 when the US took over? What?

And pray tell us what do you propose to do with the majority of people of Puerto Rican decent that live in the states and not in Puerto Rico?

Stateside Puerto Ricans: 5.8 million
Residents of Puerto Rico: 3.3 million

Puerto Ricans are Americans. They do want to be a state and Republicans are blocking that effort. Get over it.
Not true. People like AOC are doing more to stop it than Republicans. She wants them to be independent even though almost nobody on the island wants it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies