Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 02:09 PM

23,541 posts, read 17,216,356 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I never knew pot is carcinogenic.
unburned carbons....... radiation from smoke most deadly, as per Princeton prof .... Pot works via the CNS. Breaks down the age of reason set as a minimum to use and buy pot.

When a lawmaker or activists proudly proclaims an age limit.... laugh in their face! How did that work out for booze and drugs and ciggys. Yes, that random minimum age of reason will be erased by the pot. So much for the age of reason as a legal standard.

tobacco smoke no diff than pot smoke to the lungs. Tobacco does have nicotine which is used as a poison and also restricts blood vessels.... now where do we want all the blood flow to go to make us happy?

Pharma saves lives. Hate pharma? stop taking your meds, show your conviction!

Here we have the left railing against big business. Okay, why does the left ignore the extreme cost of college as colleges are BIG BUSINESS!

Pharma has shied away from CNS drugs for decades because of litigation.

Expect insurance companies to jump in the mix. Doubt an admitted pot smoker is a safe bet for insurance coverage.

Like mom and pop shops offering goods, the small pot growers will be bought out.

Pot from the street is so much less expensive tan legal pot. Sellers of legal pot have a high financial burden to hurdle and state and federal regulations will be a bridge too far for may small businesses..

Lawyers are one profession who will be enriched by the legalization of pot!

If you ever saw the cost of a single phase three study, it would curl your hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 08:06 PM

35,688 posts, read 21,042,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
They will benefit from it in the long run with the uptick of lung cancer. Smoking pot is no better for your lungs than tobacco. And smoking it is the primary form of usage. So, it's a win for big pharma and the medical cabal.

The irony is that most big leftist potheads absolutely HATE people who smoke tobacco because they are "killing themselves." What we have here is the same denial the general public had in the mid 1960s when it came out that tobacco smoking was not the most healthy thing in the world. Pot will be in the same boat in a few years.
Edibles.

Old 09-09-2022, 08:26 PM

32,058 posts, read 15,052,579 times
Pharma should lose billions since they created the Opiod epidemic.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:11 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,784,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I never knew pot is carcinogenic.
Now you do. Welcome to reality.

You guys are using all the same types of arguments and all the same sorts of "studies" that smokers and big tobacco referred to back in the late sixties and seventies. you know damn well that "activist scientists" are going to go out of their way to make the conclusion they want to make (that applies to most any issue). And just as back then, slowly the reality will hit. Look, if nothing else, common sense would tell anyone who had it that sucking ANY sort of smoke into your lungs is not the most healthy thing in the world. Jesus, there is a tiny little bit of haze around here from forest fires and the county acts like we are all going to die of smoke inhalation. They issue every warning known to man... and that is far, far more diluted smoke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Edibles.
Yes, edibles. That's a completely different matter.

Look, I'm not arguing that smoking pot should be illegal any more than I think smoking tobacco should be illegal. I've never used it and I think it's a pretty stupid thing to do, but so what? That's my opinion. But if anyone thinks it's actually GOOD for you, you're living in a fantasy world. All I'm saying is call a spade a spade. There are things I ingest that are bad for me. And I'm not going to claim they are good simply because I ingest them and like them. I KNOW they are bad for me.

Last edited by ChrisC; 09-10-2022 at 08:26 AM..

Old 09-10-2022, 08:27 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,246,291 times
Quote:
Now you do. Welcome to reality.

You guys are using all the same types of arguments and all the same sorts of "studies" that smokers and big tobacco referred to back in the late sixties and seventies. you know damn well that "activist scientists" are going to go out of their way to make the conclusion they want to make (that applies to most any issue). And just as back then, slowly the reality will hit. Look, if nothing else, common sense would tell anyone who had it that sucking ANY sort of smoke into your lungs is not the most healthy thing in the world. Jesus, there is a tiny little bit of haze around here from forest fires and the county acts like we are all going to die of smoke inhalation. They issue every warning known to man... and that is far, far more diluted smoke.

Yes, edibles. That's a completely different matter.

Look, I'm not arguing that smoking pot should be illegal any more than I think smoking tobacco should be illegal. I've never used it and I think it's a pretty stupid thing to do, but so what? That's my opinion. But if anyone thinks it's actually GOOD for you, you're living in a fantasy world. All I'm saying is call a spade a spade. There are things I ingest that are bad for me. And I'm not going to claim they are good simply because I ingest them and like them. I KNOW they are bad for me.
Well people with medical conditions are finding relief with it and that is a good thing.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:33 AM

25,713 posts, read 18,784,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Well people with medical conditions are finding relief with it and that is a good thing.
But that is not what I'm talking about here. Chemo is a poison, but some people find relief from it. Lot's of people with chronic pain find relief from strong opioids... but again, that is not what I'm talking about.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Pharma should lose billions since they created the Opiod epidemic.
Pharma didn't do that. It was the doctors the prescribed those drugs.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:41 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,391 times
Quote:
It was both.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:42 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,002,303 times
Quote:
Pharma purposely hid the addiction problem with these drugs. And yes by the time doctors started to realize they did little to back off on them.

There is no denying the pharmaceutical industry willingly put this effective pain drug on the market without any precautions.....they knew long before doctors knew.

Husband just had a hip replaced. Thank goodness for pain killers. But now that we know --- we managed the pain killers with the care that one should take. Didn't end up using all of them.

Sure I'm big on individual responsibility but in this case -- like cigarette manufacturers blocking the data from the impact of smoking for years.....pharmaceuticals hid the tru addictive nature of these3 drugs.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:42 AM

Quote:
But that is not what I'm talking about here. Chemo is a poison, but some people find relief from it. Lot's of people with chronic pain find relief from strong opioids... but again, that is not what I'm talking about.
Doesn't have to be as drastic as cancer and chemo.

I had oral surgery last summer. I got a script for pain killers. I opted to use Delta 8 tincture instead.
I'm in a state where pot is not legal so Delta 8 was my best alternative.

You don't want to do pot (which you stated you never tried) then don't. But let others make their own choices as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies