Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2022, 03:47 PM

52,221 posts, read 33,927,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Lefties, democrata will continue to howl "white supremacists" attempting to vilify anything white.
I wonder if he'll receive similar punishment of the guy that burned rubber on one..
they'll still blame 'white supremacy.' they are insane.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2022, 03:51 PM

2,953 posts, read 981,919 times
This is kind of interesting to me. There are a number of different ways to look at it and the left would like you to believe there is only one. I'm not subscribed to any of these or really against them. Well not really ... I don't like the "hate" one.

- Hate. That's the ONLY way the left wants you to interpret what you see. Remember that art is speech so wild-eyed street guy there is guilty of hate speech according to them. In theory they'd dial it down to a lesser offense because he's not a white supremacist but really they'll just purge their falsified moment of outrage from all media content and move on.

- Speech is speech. You paint rainbows, I paint swastikas. The libertarian in me can't disagree with this too terribly much. If progressives can rant in front of SCOTUS homes then Nazis can rant at crosswalks. The 1st amendment is the 1st amendment.

-Gang tagging. Tit for tat. I don't like your gay symbology in my neighborhood so I'm going to tag over you. It happens all the time in every inner-city neighborhood and nobody says peep about it. It's tribal friction.

Old 09-09-2022, 04:17 PM

41,698 posts, read 17,276,036 times
Well white people aren't doing what the government says they are doing so the blacks have taken matters into their own hands

Old 09-09-2022, 04:24 PM

8,265 posts, read 2,888,193 times
Why hasn’t he been charged with a hate crime?

Old 09-09-2022, 04:25 PM

2,330 posts, read 1,121,592 times
Cultural appropriation going on here?

Old 09-09-2022, 04:25 PM

11,132 posts, read 10,900,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
It's only classified as a hate crime when the person apprehended is white. C'mon, get with the program already!

Old 09-09-2022, 04:28 PM

19,701 posts, read 11,953,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post

He certainly should be charged with a hate crime.

"30-year-old Jonah Jade Sampson is charged with criminal trespass, felony interference with government property, and three counts of second-degree criminal damage to property for allegedly vandalizing the rainbow stripes painted at the intersection of 10th St and Piedmont Ave in mid-town Atlanta on two separate occasions."

Old 09-09-2022, 04:31 PM

24,219 posts, read 16,904,664 times
I'd say pure ignorance caused him to paint that symbol on the pride rainbow.

Instead of jail time I think he should be made to attend History classes and counseling with gay people.

Many gay people liken the discrimination they have felt with the plight of the Black community so they might have more in common than this vandal could imagine.

Educate the guy because we all know that locking him up for any duration or more than likely letting him walk with no repercussions will do nothing to advance his understanding.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:12 PM

18,611 posts, read 7,451,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I'd say pure ignorance caused him to paint that symbol on the pride rainbow.

Instead of jail time I think he should be made to attend History classes and counseling with gay people.
Instead of govt taking over and making him do X, Y, and/or Z, how about simply putting him in the slammer for 30 days hard labor, breaking rocks with a sledge hammer in the hot sun? Then letting him out, and let him decide for himself if he really wants to paint any more swastikas on public streets?

Next time he does it, 90 days hard labor.

Time after that, 1 year.

It's up to him how long he takes to get the hint.

Old 09-09-2022, 05:16 PM

7,686 posts, read 13,089,180 times
It'll be funny if blm comes and pays all his fines, his lawyer and court cost. That should tick-off the alphabet mafia and their mindless supporters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies