Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 06:37 AM

408 posts, read 288,802 times

Advertisements

And the goal will be that all trade unions must register under a National model with focus on taking on activities that enrich the USA militarily, educationally, industrially, with a plan for the future, not for the next half year to win the next election have we zero longterm strategic goals as a country?

The goal of a strong economy is to expand global marketshare , expand territory, control destiny of USA

With an end to radical class struggle , ending crt and blm, stopping the lavish waste fraud abuse and purging the Swamp of its corruption,

We can obtain the goal of fundamental execution

We need a USA that fundamentally executes its mission to serve the United States and not side track to things like appointing only a certain race and gender identity of …. We are going to see our nation gradually decline as like a superpower because we don’t have an objective anymore. We need keystone pipeline back, restore highest employment across all demographics, up our local manufacturing, work with small businesses to achieve national common goals, maintain military stronghold , accountability over who pays for NATO to be fair

Last edited by Freesponge; 09-10-2022 at 06:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2022, 07:30 AM

14,267 posts, read 6,905,186 times
I think you misunderstand the purpose of unions. They are to promote the welfare and needs of the workers. Traditionally the unions have fought for better wages for the workers, health insurance for the workers and reasonable working hours and days off. They fight against big business's propensity to treat workers like just another resource.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:44 AM

1,377 posts, read 723,666 times
What would you call a form of government that could make the above happen?

Old 09-10-2022, 07:58 AM

1,517 posts, read 537,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I think you misunderstand the purpose of unions. They are to promote the welfare and needs of the workers. Traditionally the unions have fought for better wages for the workers, health insurance for the workers and reasonable working hours and days off. They fight against big business's propensity to treat workers like just another resource.

I'm all for private sector unions such as plumbers, electricians, painters, iron workers that can be subject to adverse work conditions and expectations. I am not in favor of public sector workers such as teachers and state government office workers, union only ensure mediocrity.

For example there are 2 union accountants working for state government, both doing the same job. There is absolute no motivation for accountant #1 to outperform accountant #2 because the union has locked in the wages at a set amount. There is zero motivation to excel and go above and beyond for union professional jobs, the citizens suffer the consequences.

There are enough labor acts such as FLSA that profession unions are not required.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:03 AM

17,876 posts, read 15,807,891 times
So the average lowest level laborer cannot collectively bargain, giving themselves a voice, and not allow those that control the money supply to have all the power over the economy.

Yeh, sure Im down with that. What can possibly go wrong?

Old 09-10-2022, 08:06 AM

39,008 posts, read 51,017,655 times
No, Mr. Koch. I would not. We already have the worst worker conditions and benefits in the developed world. What little we do have is because of unions.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:08 AM

9,917 posts, read 5,594,346 times
I'm all in favor of banning public-sector unions or at least severely limiting what they can bargain over.

As for private-sector unions, freedom of association is guaranteed by the First Amendment. What I don't care for is companies being forced by law to bargain with labor unions under certain circumstances. If they find it easier and more efficient to bargain with their workforce collectively, let 'em have at it. If they'd rather hash it out with each employee individually, they should be permitted to do that too.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:15 AM

17,876 posts, read 15,807,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrollingstone View Post
I'm all for private sector unions such as plumbers, electricians, painters, iron workers that can be subject to adverse work conditions and expectations. I am not in favor of public sector workers such as teachers and state government office workers, union only ensure mediocrity.

For example there are 2 union accountants working for state government, both doing the same job. There is absolute no motivation for accountant #1 to outperform accountant #2 because the union has locked in the wages at a set amount. There is zero motivation to excel and go above and beyond for union professional jobs, the citizens suffer the consequences.

There are enough labor acts such as FLSA that profession unions are not required.
Yeh right its not like police officers can ever be scapegoated, and basically hung out to dry by the public. They don't need any kind of protection that a collective can possibly offer.

As for teachers, education needs to be privatized.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:26 AM

15,800 posts, read 6,247,578 times
I'd like to see everyone have union protection. I've worked union and non union and have seen the same mix of work ethic.

Old 09-10-2022, 08:53 AM

1,241 posts, read 544,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
So the average lowest level laborer cannot collectively bargain, giving themselves a voice, and not allow those that control the money supply to have all the power over the economy.

Yeh, sure Im down with that. What can possibly go wrong?
People seemingly forget about this half of the equation. The average employee doesn't have the capacity or the time to individually negotiate terms of employment, nor does the company have the time or capacity to do so from their end and keep track of hundreds or thousands of individual contracts. Collective bargaining makes the most sense for everybody in these large entities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies