Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2022, 11:58 AM

5,918 posts, read 2,751,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post
And yes, I'm Hispanic, so I can make jokes about how Democrats think that all Hispanics are Mexicans, and they don't realize there's an entire continent below Central America that look completely different.
They (woke progressive, white liberals, you know the blue hair types) actually think and refer to you a "brown person" a "BIPOC", or worse "LatinX".

Old 09-10-2022, 12:01 PM

1,740 posts, read 957,609 times
I disagree with the premise of your question. I don’t think Democrats are enthralled with the war in Ukraine. I think anyone who supports liberty and the right to national sovereignty should support Ukraine and oppose Russia. The magnitude of Russia’s unprovoked invasion is enormous. If Russia is successful, Ukraine will not be the last former Soviet ‘republic’ to be invaded and annexed. It is imperative that Russia be defeated now before an even bigger conflict erupt in the future. We should be doing everything possible to help Ukraine achieve victory sooner rather than later.

A more interesting question is why so many on the right have been luke warm at best and openly hostile at worst towards Ukraine? If Reagan were alive today, it’s pretty clear where he would stand on this issue.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Why is not everyone concerned?

Russia invaded a sovereign country. With an invented excuse. Sort of like the USA did with Iraq. Both are or were wrong, and the world is concerned about powerful nations abusing that power on weaker ones.
The EU/US globalists love Ukraine so much, that they're going to make sure it is totally annihilated from years of intense fighting, by sending in just enough weapons to produce a stalemate. They're going to sit by and watch the Ukrainian cities crumble one by one and watch the Ukrainian people suffer. Meanwhile, Russia will respond by starving Europe of resources. Pushing prices up, putting economies on the brink and generating social disruptions throughout Europe.

Fun times ahead!

Old 09-10-2022, 12:11 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,774,686 times
I voted for Trump twice and I support Ukraine. I think some on the right support Putin because Biden supports Ukraine. It's their duty to oppose whatever Biden is doing. To be fair the democrats did the same thing to Trump.

It's more worrying to me that foreign agents, Russian bots, and Chinaman bots are using social media such as this forum to undermine America.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:13 PM

18,718 posts, read 7,597,559 times
Why are Democrats so enthralled with the war in Ukraine?

Because it's such a perfect distraction from the disaster that is the Biden administration.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Why are Democrats so enthralled with the war in Ukraine?

Because it's such a perfect distraction from the disaster that is the Biden administration.
Good observation.

It's also a perfect distraction from the coming currency crisis, economic collapse that has been building up for years. Turns out printing tens of trillions in new currency doesn't make us all rich.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:20 PM

24,456 posts, read 17,203,514 times
Why do the Dems love Ukraine so much? It is because so many of them have made piles of money from that country.

They impeached Trump for daring to inquire about illegal doings that the Biden's were behind. They couldn't risk being exposed so they impeached him.

Putin invading Ukraine is really bad but the question should be, why isn't more being done to stop it?

What would JFK do if it happened on his watch or how about Trump? Biden and his ilk are using it as an excuse to turn the screws on the Middle Class. Who can forget "Putin's Price Hike" at the pump? I guess we can thank Putin for his Price Drop now that gas is about $1 less than it was...

Still the "War" in Ukraine is going to be causing a lot of suffering across Europe this Winter and here as well to the point that the USA and NATO should be putting an end to it but they are all afraid to because they are weak.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:32 PM

629 posts, read 408,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atari2600 View Post

But this war in Ukraine... it seems to be the most important thing in the world. I can think of no other reason why they're so interested in it, other than the fact that it somehow fits into some weird political narrative that they have going on.
For me personally, I believe the reasons this war is being fought, are other than the reasons we are being spoon fed.

I believe what Putin is really doing is launching the biggest "anti-pride" parade the world has ever seen, trying to turn back the tide of all the progress various splinter groups have made the past couple decades.

He sees the mess America has become with our flaming police precincts, civil unrest, calls to defund the police, (etc etc) and has decided that IF THAT is "democracy", then having a bulkhead right across the border is unacceptable. He wants to make it 1990 all over again. Think of it as (socially) the anti thesis of "ever forward"

And, a significant number of traditionalist "knuckle draggers" among the Russian citizenry agree with that sentiment.

The media cannot play that angle here, (for fear it might catch on) so they generalize, selling it as a "struggle to save Democracy" because that story has always sold well here on these shores.

So to answer your question about the Democrats, they are supporting their perceived base. No more, no less

Old 09-10-2022, 12:32 PM

4,503 posts, read 1,860,989 times
It’s because democrats are mostly robots who cannot think for themselves and their computers and televisions have told them they need to shout to the world that they support Ukraine.

Most of those clowns couldn’t even find Ukraine on a map and couldn’t have told you six months ago who their president was.

Old 09-10-2022, 12:42 PM

7,338 posts, read 3,514,319 times
its like anything else the left do. masks, Ukraine flags, gender affirmation, veganism, so forth…all to signal moral superiority.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies