Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2022, 06:05 AM

9,457 posts, read 5,221,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
NY is a lawless state with criminals running wild doing whatever they want with little to no repercussions but those darn guns…
Truth....and every single charge is reduced to some minor misdemeanor, no matter what the original charge. Like VT, NY is a haven for criminals. Oh well, you get what you pay for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2022, 06:53 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
not surprised to hear that. based on what i can infer from many of your posts, you probably dont like fast cars, motorcycles, fireworks, loud music, unhealthy foods, off roading, hunting, target practice, etc and would love to have a whole list of freedoms banned by hand of the government. you would probably love to live in places like Maplewood, NJ. but i am curious, what do liberals find “fun” besides running?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
And we should care what you think, why?
Nope. We're not going to personalize this discussion.

Old 09-11-2022, 09:11 AM

6,385 posts, read 2,710,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
I think that reenactments, paintball and eating contests are obscene, anyway.
This post isn't about paintball or eating contests. But trying to equate them with reenactments and think they are equivalent is probably one of the bigger stretches I have seen on these forums for quite a while.

Many people don't find them obscene. In fact, many see the historical value in them and want to carry that history down to future generations. If a few people shooting blanks from replicas of 100-200-year-old guns upsets you, then I suggest you probably don't go to these events. You may also want to stay away from Coney Island on the Fourth of July.

Just remember, to paraphrase...Those who try to erase history are doomed to repeat it...

Old 09-11-2022, 09:34 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
Many people don't find them obscene. In fact, many see the historical value in them and want to carry that history down to future generations. [/i]
Visit a battle field or look at pictures of the carnage. It may change your appetite for reenactment.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:14 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
Quote:
Visit a battle field or look at pictures of the carnage. It may change your appetite for reenactment.

I've been to reenactments. Didn't change my appetite ONE BIT

Stop being butthurt - Life isn't about your Feelings.

Libs want to erase everything and change to suit their feelings. Look what's happening.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:16 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
It was that (carnage) that led the way to our freedom and kept tyranny at bay. So having reenactments help to remind us of those who laid down their lives for all of us. And to help us to remember and honor those heroes who did so.

Old 09-11-2022, 11:17 AM

8,418 posts, read 4,576,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" because of the new concealed carry permit legislation. The reenactors cannot do their reenactment in sensitive areas. When they do their performances, when they march down the street, carrying their weapons"

Only lefty loons consider carrying a rifle in open view, falls under "concealed carry"!

You can't make this stuff up!

I thought the left considered muskets the only acceptable firearm.

Old 09-11-2022, 12:12 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Jasper View Post
In New York, repeat criminals reenact crimes against citizens each day with impunity. But if you are just pretending to relive battles of history, you're going to jail. Got it.
Sounds about right, Leftist installed DAs and Judges allow repeat violent Offenders to attack Innocent Civilians again and again, but Re-Enactors are bad

Old 09-11-2022, 12:14 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
but i am curious, what do liberals find “fun” besides running?
That's a good question. Based on some hard-left people who I used to work with, the answer seems to be: they talk about politics. I used to wonder, do these people ever do anything? Things like going to a ballgame, or a picnic, or a concert? If they did, I never heard about it. All they ever talked about was politics, politics, and more politics.

Old 09-11-2022, 12:14 PM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
I thought the left considered muskets the only acceptable firearm.
The bar has moved of course. The ball and
Musket is now a weapon of mass destruction used by evil white Colonist against the Innocent
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies