Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 09:14 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
If this strike happens it would have a serious impact on our food supply nationwide. If we thought stock supply issues were a thing during the pandemic...we could see something far worse than that.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...rike-deadline/

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/09/12/larg...-a-strike.html
It will be short term.

We are stocking up on medical supplies for the anticipated shortage at our facility.

The whole nation is dependent on rail and a prolonged strike would bring the nation to its knees. It will get solved pretty quickly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 10:14 PM

357 posts, read 222,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
AHEM. I really don’t know any way to be more direct, as I believe your question is answered quite comprehensively in the quoted text!

Which part of “they don’t need your money” has you confused? They are the ones that create that paper money on the printing machines they own and operate, so why do you think they need you to return that paper to them, when they can print as much of it as they want? If you can’t understand that simple concept, I’m not sure you’ll understand the rest …

But let’s try … they never really needed you to buy their stuff, they only needed you to make that stuff. You were always going to buy stuff. That part was guaranteed. But whether you do or don’t buy stuff is totally unimportant, other than to keep you making stuff, so you can buy more stuff. That paper they hand you for providing your labor that you think is “money” isn’t really money at all, it’s just paper. You can look at it as a “receipt” for your labor or service.

Maybe you’ll get the picture here if I ask you “why do you need money”? It’s a simple question with an obvious answer. You need money to pay for the stuff you need, like food, shelter, transportation, entertainment. Right? Makes sense, right? Now, let me ask you this …. what if you already owned everything you will ever need for the rest of your life? What if you had 20 Billion Dollars in the bank, cars, houses, boats, jets, beachfront vacation homes? Would you still need more money? Or would you be good? You’d be good, right? 20mBillion dollars is more money than you could ever spend, especially since you already own everything you need or desire. What else is there to buy, if you already have everything?

Listen, this is brain dead simple … if you own a grocery store, do you need money to go grocery shopping? If you own a private jet, do you need to buy a United Airline ticket to Cancun from Travelocity? If you own a beachfront home in Cancun, do you need to make reservations at the Hilton?

Stop looking at this from your point of view, because that is totally irrelevant. From your point of view, you need money to buy things, and therefore, you think that applies to everyone, but it doesn’t. They don’t need money, and certainly not your paltry pocket change, because they already have everything. And I think this is the point you and so many others don’t seem to understand, even as simple as it is. The fundamental reality is, “THEY” ALREADY OWN EVERYTHING.

This is a concept that you aren’t familiar with, and your mind can’t grasp. But think …. Elon Musk is worth 270 Billion dollars. That’s 270,000 Million. Think about that for a minute. What does that mean in more manageable figures …. it means that Mr. Musk could spend 10 Million Dollars per day for the next 70 years, and still not run out of money.

Why would you even think for one skinny second, he needs you to buy anything? And he’s just a public figure … the real wealthy are never in the public light. There are those who are far more wealthy than Musk. Now, Jeff Bezos is worth 160 Billion Dollars. Do you think Mr. Bezos needs you to buy stuff on Amazon?

I really don’t know how I can break that down in simpler terms.
Well one thing I think a lot of them need is power and so you need to have more money than all the rest or you wont have as much power. Also if there is others that have more money than you they will have better or more homes, horses, yachts and planes to name a few. So you will always want more money to keep up with the others and or hold your position.

So when you talk about "they" you make it sound like they are one - not many which "they" are. Elon Musk has many ideas that a large portion of other wealthy people don't agree with. So you see that will be the case always and this will hold the need for more funds and people to help each one of them achieve whatever it is they want to. Robots can only do so much and are far from being able to replace human beings completely in the massively large work force we have.

I do agree that it does seem like the political future seems to be looking different than we have ever dealt with here before. But I don't believe there is a "they" that is trying to rid the world of us. They may not need our bits of money on a one on one level but they need us still on so many other levels. "They" also like to look at pretty things and robots are not that- and far from being mass produced that are.

I do think that Bezos and a person that owns a grocery store need very basic items at the end of the day - like food, water, shelter and toilet paper just like everyone else!!

Congrats to the railroad workers as I read that they got what they were asking for today !!

Old 12-01-2022, 06:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Reminding people of what they thought a couple of months back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies