Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:25 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,565,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
So did some old grannies who live on interest and dividends.

It's good to know the POTUS controls the supply line of every consumer product, the weather and the price of petroleum. Perhaps the POTUS should be installed as king of the world.
Brandon says the grandmas can eat cake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 08:26 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
The inflation reduction act is working so well... At having the opposite effect as promise. Typical of how democrat plans and strategies work out.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:27 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Yep. Under Trump we had affordable eggs and gas, along with rising wages with low inflation (net gain in household income), with energy independence (also Europe wasn't at war with itself). The world was stable.
Was there a world wide bird flu affecting the price of poultry when DJT was POTUS. I can't remember when I got notified to stop filling bird feeders because that's how the flu spreads. Then I read up on what poultry farmers have to go through to protect the investment. It ain't easy.

But yes, the price of eggs is controlled by the POTUS.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:28 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
The inflation reduction act is working so well... At having the opposite effect as promise. Typical of how democrat plans and strategies work out.
Luckily for the Democrats, the liars in the main-stream media won't report any of this, or if they do if will be spun to criticize the GOP and/or Trump.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:28 AM

11,474 posts, read 6,002,443 times
Default Food inflation up 11.4% - Highest since 1979

If you are feeling poorer at the grocery store or the local restaurant, rest assured YOU ARE. If you have teen aged boys in the house going through their growth spurt, you are getting killed. Food inflation is going to get much worse, with record low yeilds coming in due to restricted fertilizer supply and other farming issues. Food is only going up from here.

Major issue beneath headline: food component of CPI #inflation rose by 11.4% y/y in August, up from +10.9% prior and fastest rate since April 1979.

https://twitter.com/search?q=food+in...Ctwgr%5Esearch

Menwhile, inflation is actually getting worse, not better.

Headline inflation dropped from 8.5% to 8.3% after Biden threw the kitchen sink at gas prices releasing from the Strategic Oil Reserve and only barely reduced headline inflation. Never mind tha the Strategic Oil Reserve has a finite limit and oh by the way, has to eventually be refilled, which will increase demand and raise gas prices somewhere down the line. Without gas, and headline is way up in everything else.

The real deal is that core inflation went UP to 6.3% from 5.9%, meaning inflation is getting stickier. We are not closer to controlling inflation, we are getting closer to runaway inflation.

Yep, you are getting poorer, folks.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:33 AM

10,099 posts, read 7,767,103 times
Food prices are unbelievable. I find myself mostly looking but not picking up. No way will I pay some of these prices. I only buy with coupons and on sale items but even doing that, prices are ridiculous. let's go Brandon.

Of course gas prices will remain at current price until midterms and then they will rocket thanks to idiot administration we have making decisions.

Anyone voting democrat is asking for it. Hard to feel sorry for them when they vote for it.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:35 AM

19,804 posts, read 9,362,001 times
That 11.4% is BS unless people buy much different food than my husband and I do, which I doubt, except that we buy hardly anything that is processed -- except basics like bread, cereals, canned soups for cooking, condiments, crackers, etc. At least 75% of our grocery list is made up of fresh meats, dairy, fresh produce, and frozen vegetables.

For us, it is up at least 20%.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
That 11.4% is BS unless people buy much differently than my husband and I do. For us, it is up at least 20%.
it sure seems like at least 30% for food in my experience, averaged across the board.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:38 AM

29,823 posts, read 24,908,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Luckily for the Democrats, the liars in the main-stream media won't report any of this, or if they do if will be spun to criticize the GOP and/or Trump.

The GOP needs to pass a "stop democrats from acting" act.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:40 AM

5,930 posts, read 2,760,378 times
But Joe keeps telling me the economy is good.

Something seems amiss.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies