Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2022, 08:21 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
i don’t see any large demographic either black or white wearing masks in Tennessee on a wide scale. mostly, its boomers from the north who have retired here wearing their masks to the grocery store on a Tuesday morning where there are literally 5 people in the entire store. last week, i saw a young Attachment 239278male in his 20s walking up a main road with no pedestrians, he was literally the only person walking on this road on a beautiful day wearing his cheap paper mask all by himself. it was so dumb, i had to take a picture of this young male in the prime of his life, all by himself wearing a cheap mask.

you can clearly tell how he votes just by looking at him
Maybe he has allergies. You took a picture of a guy who is wearing a mask? I'm sorry but that is really some weird stuff. The right wing is so upset about masks that they are going around photographing and sharing pictures of people they decide should not be wearing them. OMG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2022, 08:22 AM

30,166 posts, read 11,795,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman6 View Post
Serious question here....

What are your thoughts on masks in todays climate? I actually don't mind wearing them in tight spots like a plane or in a doctors office/ER setting.

I feel like I rarely see anyone wear them correctly and I see more masks being worn by African Americans than I do any other ethnicity. I travel a lot for work and visit red, blue, and purple cities weekly. While out last week in Nashville, Charlotte, and Raleigh I counted mask wearers while out and about just for my own knowledge after noticing a pattern. On average it was a 4:1 ratio AA to other ethnicity wearing them and most( I did not tally) were being worn under the chin. Masks being worn by Caucasian Americans came in second and the majority of those wearing you would assume to be left leaning solely based off stereotypes of appearance. Third was Asian Americans, followed by Latino.

Is it a political statement?

Is it fashion?

Here in Oklahoma I see black, Hispanic and Asians use masks more than white people. Now I do see older white people use masks. I don't care who wears a mask nor why. I do care if the government tries to force me to wear one but hopefully that never happens again.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:24 AM

17,623 posts, read 6,911,503 times
Out of the few people I see still wearing them in West Palm Beach, most are in fact African Americans. I'm guessing this is a function of where they get their news/propaganda from. For the severely brainwashed, it takes longer to snap out of it and apply common sense. Sadly, some people will never snap out of it, and they will be wearing useless cloth masks for the rest of their natural lives. And the Democrats love it.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:27 AM

267 posts, read 91,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
People in general who wear masks don't give a damn about the "stigma". They are concerned for their health. It's the ones who don't who often are trying to make a political statement to a world that doesn't care what they think anymore. And no, I have not noticed any racial tendency in masking. The one thing that does stand out is age. That's a good thing as it is older people who are, by far, most at risk from respiratory illnesses in circulation.
I definately notice a racial of ethnic tendency also. Where I live I notice both with blacks and Hispanics. Maybe it is because they feel they are more susceptible. At one point it was thought to be more dangerous to blacks at least. I don't know if that is still true. If so probably because of diabetes and other genetic factors.

I also notice an age factor. Older people (people I would consider older and I am 68) and also the college kids both wear at a higher percentage..

Old 09-13-2022, 08:34 AM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
Maybe he has allergies. You took a picture of a guy who is wearing a mask? I'm sorry but that is really some weird stuff. The right wing is so upset about masks that they are going around photographing and sharing pictures of people they decide should not be wearing them. OMG.
how is a cheap paper mask going to prevent him from sneezing? you don’t think pollen gets in between his skin and the mask? no, it was a case of obedience to the liberal narrative. look how safe he is.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:36 AM

25,744 posts, read 18,809,520 times
Quote:
... You took a picture of a guy who is wearing a mask? I'm sorry but that is really some weird stuff. ...
Yes, it is weird--the guy, not the photo.

It was an oddity. If you saw a dude walking down the street in a clown suit and wearing a dunce cap with a lit candle on top, you might take a picture as well. Or a blue cat with a pink monkey on its back, riding it like a horse. Just something to show to the grandkids one day.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:40 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,581,124 times
In Montana, I don't live near a city, and there are very few blacks in the state, but here if you see see somebody in a mask, it's usually a tourist, or a cancer patient.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:40 AM

7,367 posts, read 3,529,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yes, it is weird--the guy, not the photo.

It was an oddity. If you saw a dude walking down the street in a clown suit and wearing a dunce cap with a lit candle on top, you might take a picture as well. Or a blue cat with a pink monkey on its back, riding it like a horse. Just something to show to the grandkids one day.
Exactly. as I stated, there was literally no human being anywhere near him except in cars. not sure what he was saving himself from

Old 09-13-2022, 08:42 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
how is a cheap paper mask going to prevent him from sneezing? you don’t think pollen gets in between his skin and the mask? no, it was a case of obedience to the liberal narrative. look how safe he is.
Nice try. Masks are effective against pollen, particulates, dust etc. Walking along a road exposes one to large amounts of all of that. Again, you have no idea why he is wearing it. What is wrong with just good old-fashioned MYOB? Be smug, be judgmental if you wish. I get that. I do the same thing everytime I see some moron in a MAGA hat. But posting a picture in an online forum of some random dude walking with a mask on suggests a serious obsession with it to my mind.

Old 09-13-2022, 08:43 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Out of the few people I see still wearing them in West Palm Beach, most are in fact African Americans. I'm guessing this is a function of where they get their news/propaganda from. For the severely brainwashed, it takes longer to snap out of it and apply common sense. Sadly, some people will never snap out of it, and they will be wearing useless cloth masks for the rest of their natural lives. And the Democrats love it.
I agree with this - and think it's a function of who people get their information from.

Many black churches are doing the masks during service on Sundays... after attending football games Friday and Saturday where less of a percentage of people wears them.

Older black folk tends to wear them at a higher rate.

I usually don't wear one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies