Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2022, 12:02 PM

6,019 posts, read 2,840,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
At this point I think the RINOs are intentionally trying to sabotage their own party and blow the midterms. Why push this? Supreme Court said abortion is not a federal issue, and now Graham wants to push a federal restriction? Rather than allow Trump-Republicans to win in November, they will just sink the whole ship.
Absolutely! I even stated this a few pages back. They want populist candidates to lose so they can say, "See, this would not have happened if we had nominated establishment nominees." I do not trust Senator Graham.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:03 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Absolutely! I even stated this a few pages back. They want populist candidates to lose so they can say, "See, this would not have happened if we had nominated establishment nominees." I do not trust Senator Graham.
I'm in SC and I voted against him in 2020.
The man is a hypocrite and has always been on many issues.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:05 PM

17,401 posts, read 14,637,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sure:

Lindsey Graham Unveils Federal Abortion Bill to Keep the 'Stop Abortion' Fundraising Grift Going

https://redstate.com/streiff/2022/09...-going-n627105

And that is RedState, which is as Trumpy as it gets

They oppose abortion but my guess is they are mad that the lie the GOP has been telling about "leaving it up to the states" was exposed and it forced them to admit this was about fundraising.
Abortion has ALWAYS been about fundraising - for both sides.

Why do you think Roe wasn't codified over the last 50 years?

Old 09-14-2022, 12:06 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Abortion has ALWAYS been about fundraising - for both sides.

Why do you think Roe wasn't codified over the last 50 years?
And it will never be.

War is profitable.

Especially ideologic war.

Theatre.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:08 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
I'm in SC and I voted against him in 2020.
The man is a hypocrite and has always been on many issues.
I have never seen a politician go back and forth on so many issues like immigration, Trump. He seems reasonable at times and then goes full crazy.

Republicans put a court in place to overturn Roe thanks to Graham and now he comes out with this, what was the point.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:09 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I posted a link to an araticle that identifies a few late abortion issues.

I'm no doctor.

I guess you are ....and you may know more. I can only go by the medical organizations and doctors that talk about late term abortions.

They really aren't common. We've had this discussion on late term abortions off and on on this board and I remember an article where medical doctors said that they do not perform late term abortions unless it is to 'save' a life, the mother's.....that someone coming in just to 'get rid' of the baby in a late term stage would find it difficult to find a doctor without a diagnosis of a serious medical condition.

But you seem to have had a different experience with your medical experience.
Go look at late term abortion providers websites.

It's what they do for a living. If it were as RARE as you think it is, they wouldn't be in business. 12,000 to 14,000 a year.

Throw another insult my way, I'll report you and the thread will get shut down.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I posted a link to an araticle that identifies a few late abortion issues.

I'm no doctor.

I guess you are ....and you may know more. I can only go by the medical organizations and doctors that talk about late term abortions.

They really aren't common. We've had this discussion on late term abortions off and on on this board and I remember an article where medical doctors said that they do not perform late term abortions unless it is to 'save' a life, the mother's.....that someone coming in just to 'get rid' of the baby in a late term stage would find it difficult to find a doctor without a diagnosis of a serious medical condition.

But you seem to have had a different experience with your medical experience.
Do you think late term abortions should be illegal - except in the instances to save the mother's life?

Old 09-14-2022, 12:12 PM

164 posts, read 84,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
there shouldn’t be any ban. its my body, my choice up until my body decides to go into labor.

It's not your body, it's the baby's body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
At that point it becomes murder. Plus, it's not "my body, my choice" - there was a father involved and he gets a vote too. A mother's health issue is another matter.

Exactly. it takes two to make the baby.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I have never seen a politician go back and forth on so many issues like immigration, Trump. He seems reasonable at times and then goes full crazy.

Republicans put a court in place to overturn Roe thanks to Graham and now he comes out with this, what was the point.
I've said this in every one of these threads about Graham, but he introduces a bill like this every year.

Old 09-14-2022, 12:19 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,708,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Why do you continue to float this idea that there are no Republican women or no pro-choice women?

But coming from the side who's current leader said "you ain't black" if you don't for for him, I understand the mind set.
I respectfully point out that you are terribly confused in your inaccurate conclusion as to my posts, positions and statements.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-14-2022 at 12:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies