Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2022, 02:17 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,935,527 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I can only speak for myself. The laws with no restrictions are, as I’ve mentioned before to keep government from getting in between a woman and her doctor. Especially in dealing with late term fetal anomalies.
Do you think a woman who has a perfectly healthy baby and is perfectly healthy herself should be able to abort a baby at 7 months?

Old 09-16-2022, 02:22 PM

Interesting bit of history -- Original Hippocratic Oath

I swear by Apollo Healer, by Asclepius, by Hygieia, by Panacea, and by all the gods and goddesses, making them my witnesses, that I will carry out, according to my ability and judgment, this oath and this indenture.

To hold my teacher in this art equal to my own parents; to make him partner in my livelihood; when he is in need of money to share mine with him; to consider his family as my own brothers, and to teach them this art, if they want to learn it, without fee or indenture; to impart precept, oral instruction, and all other instruction to my own sons, the sons of my teacher, and to indentured pupils who have taken the Healer’s oath, but to nobody else.

I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgment, and I will do no harm or injustice to them.[6] Neither will I administer a poison to anybody when asked to do so, nor will I suggest such a course. Similarly I will not give to a woman a pessary to cause abortion. But I will keep pure and holy both my life and my art. I will not use the knife, not even, verily, on sufferers from stone, but I will give place to such as are craftsmen therein.

Into whatsoever houses I enter, I will enter to help the sick, and I will abstain from all intentional wrong-doing and harm, especially from abusing the bodies of man or woman, bond or free. And whatsoever I shall see or hear in the course of my profession, as well as outside my profession in my intercourse with men, if it be what should not be published abroad, I will never divulge, holding such things to be holy secrets.

Now if I carry out this oath, and break it not, may I gain for ever reputation among all men for my life and for my art; but if I break it and forswear myself, may the opposite befall me.[5] – Translation by W.H.S. Jones.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:30 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
If I take what you say at face value, why won't any Democrat in any position of political power support limits on abortion after viability?

They won't and don't.

You can insert any qualifier: mother's life, incest, rape ... and they still won't.
Because as long as Republicans support extreme positions you have to meet the opposing view where they are.

Negotiations are successful when everyone walks away from a negotiated settlement believing they lost something.

When someone comes along who can lead the country to a negotiated settlement that stands and encapsulates the sane majority of the country Democrats will retreat from that position. It's a nothingburger to lose, because it is rarely happening and when it does happen it usually involves a fetus already dying in the womb or a fetus who will not survive long if born.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:33 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Because as long as Republicans support extreme positions you have to meet the opposing view where they are.

Negotiations are successful when everyone walks away from a negotiated settlement believing they lost something.

When someone comes along who can lead the country to a negotiated settlement that stands and encapsulates the sane majority of the country Democrats will retreat from that position. It's a nothingburger to lose, because it is rarely happening and when it does happen it usually involves a fetus already dying in the womb or a fetus who will not survive long if born.
Right now Lindsey Graham says 15 weeks.

Lunatic leftists say abortion on demand til birth.

Who has the extreme position here?

Old 09-16-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
You could list out everything possible and still, Democrats will not accept anything less than abortion on demand up until birth.

Democrats are entirely unreasonable.

Most of the country lies somewhere in the middle of outright ban and abort tili birth.
You can't list out everything possible.

Louisiana tried to do that and the first doctor I saw talking about it said they failed to list 4 conditions that jumped out at her right away without even studying the list.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's a legitimate question.

Since pro abortioners claim no baby is killed during an abortion, how do they handle talking to pregnant women who talk about their baby? And baby shower?

Do they argue, it's not a baby? When do they decide it is a baby?

Cognitive dissonance.
No one I know brings up controversial topics at parties.

And, if they do, most hostesses are adept at shutting them down.

Of course there is always crazy Uncle Eddie or Aunt Betty to deal with, but same principal.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
No one I know brings up controversial topics at parties.

And, if they do, most hostesses are adept at shutting them down.

Of course there is always crazy Uncle Eddie or Aunt Betty to deal with, but same principal.
You aren't answering the question.

None of the pro abortioners have, they're avoiding it.

Why?

Old 09-16-2022, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Right now Lindsey Graham says 15 weeks.

Lunatic leftists say abortion on demand til birth.

Who has the extreme position here?
Grahams 15 weeks equals 6 weeks in Texas, because it contains language that the bill cannot supercede state legislation that provides greater protection to the unborn.

It also does not contain any exceptions for fetal anomalies which are frequently discovered after 15 weeks.

It is not a moderate position.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:42 PM

17,371 posts, read 14,613,136 times
Quote:
Grahams 15 weeks equals 6 weeks in Texas, because it contains language that the bill cannot supercede state legislation that provides greater protection to the unborn.

It also does not contain any exceptions for fetal anomalies which are frequently discovered after 15 weeks.

It is not a moderate position.
And abortion on demand til birth is moderate?

Old 09-16-2022, 02:48 PM

Quote:
And abortion on demand til birth is moderate?
It covers every extreme position Republicans can dream up as apparently there is no limit to the nonsense they will propose.

And, like I said, its not happening so it's not really an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies