Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2022, 06:21 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Yes.

You denied it.

You denied that women were having LTA on healthy babies

You denied that women were having LTA on healthy babies repeatedly throughout the thread.

And the above post? Is more to the same.

Look, I know from your posting history that you are 100% for ANY abortion up until birth. You've made that clear.

It makes it all the more puzzling why you have continued to LIE about the fact that late term abortions of healthy babies happen, throughout this entire thread.
Gosnell was criminal.

I didn’t think women on mass were aborting healthy babies LTA. Which is why I claimed it. Your info proves that some do. Do you deny most women get LTA out of medical necessity? Claiming women abort very late term healthy babies is not an accurate description of LTA. Most happen at 20/24 weeks not at 32 weeks.

Im for privacy in a woman’s pregnancy. That’s far different than suggesting I don’t care if women abort full term healthy.

Old 09-17-2022, 07:55 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Graham's cosponsor Marco Rubio is either coming to his rescue or they conspired on this strategy beforehand.

This link describes an email sent out by Rubio staff to news media giving them an assignment to quiz Dems on any limits they would place on abortion as well as other things they want to put on record. Along with a due date for them to respond lol or face some sort of punishment in the public square by Rubio.

Seems clear from this stunt and the talking points here that their plan is to paint their position as reasonable and the Democrats position as unreasonable.

Could also be a strategy all the Republicans are in on. In the past, McConnell said he wouldn't have a vote on federal legislation because they didn't have the votes to pass it, not due to states rights issue.

Also, they had to get the extreme so called pro-life folks on board. The women flanking Graham at his announcement were women in charge of the largest organizations representing that view. One of them was quoted as saying Graham cleared the way for this with other republicans and Mitch knew about it.

Having said all that, Rubio could just be using Graham for help in his own race against Val Demings which has turned into a dead heat. He is currently pounding this same message in local ads.

https://news.yahoo.com/read-weird-em...204129779.html
How is that supposed to help them? A large number of conservative women aren't happy with SCOTUS killing Roe V Wade. https://www.pewresearch.org/politics...rn-roe-v-wade/

Old 09-17-2022, 08:38 PM

1,281 posts, read 1,420,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
And I provided a link that said it happens - no reason necessary
Do you believe a law against abortions would deter someone with the goal of terminating a healthy pregnancy in the third trimester? I would much rather see such a person seek medical attention and be counseled otherwise than become desperate.

Bans on abortion don't stop abortions, they stop healthcare.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:50 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Gosnell was criminal.

I didn’t think women on mass were aborting healthy babies LTA. Which is why I claimed it. Your info proves that some do. Do you deny most women get LTA out of medical necessity? Claiming women abort very late term healthy babies is not an accurate description of LTA. Most happen at 20/24 weeks not at 32 weeks.

Im for privacy in a woman’s pregnancy. That’s far different than suggesting I don’t care if women abort full term healthy.
Still denying it.

Unreal.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:55 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanderling View Post
Do you believe a law against abortions would deter someone with the goal of terminating a healthy pregnancy in the third trimester? I would much rather see such a person seek medical attention and be counseled otherwise than become desperate.

Bans on abortion don't stop abortions, they stop healthcare.
Okay, this whole post is ridiculous.

Why even have laws on anything then?

But I'll answer your question: do I believe a law against abortion would deter someone w/ the goal of terminating a healthy pregnancy in the third trimester? Yes.

Also, "bans on abortion don't stop abortions, they stop healthcare". Makes zero sense. The whole "abortion is healthcare" is also nonsense. A baby is not a disease. Pregnancy is not a disease.

Old 09-18-2022, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Still denying it.

Unreal.
Denying what? I’ve always acknowledged LTA. Do you deny most are done for legitimate medical reasons?

Old 09-18-2022, 07:51 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Graham introduces nationwide 15-week abortion ban legislation

IMO, after re-reading these pages, we have yet another thread that has been captured by the religious right & conservative zealots and their radical fact free opinions and hysterical anecdotes. An MO utilized to divert other posters into the mud & weeds of baseless tangents to avoid the simple truth of their movement's agenda, which is to deny women the right to make their own healthcare decisions.

Most alert citizens of the USA are aware that the fevered goal of the radicalized right is to ban access to legal abortion across the nation. They and one major political party have been at the forefront of a very vocal and well documented effort to deny women personal agency and intrude on our most intimate health-care decisions.

Here in 2022 we have a Republican party which is co-mingled with the Evangelical and Catholic Church. These religious types are a huge percent of the GOP. There's no way they'll ever stop until they've succeeded in imposing a national abortion ban, most likely followed by all of the other religious beliefs they think the rest of us should be following.

I am not a member of an Evangelical Church. I am not a Catholic. And I resent being tyrannized by this minority and their extreme religious doctrines ---all of which they are free to have in the confines of their religion, but not in the governing of the United States of America. Look, these same types of Republicans are telling us they can't handle gay people, cultural diversity or factual teaching of U.S. history, and any other civil rights progress that they deem offensive to the bogus Christianity they wear on their sleeves. The extreme views and domination they desire is not even close to mimicking the teachings of Christ---and I have studied his work. But I digress.

Reproductive rights are fundamental human rights necessary for the dignity, equality, health, and well-being of women and their families.

Let's not get lost in the weeds & mud of the zealots. This legislation proposed by Senator Graham wholly underscores the determination of Republicans, owned by the evangelicals and conservative extremists, to enact a regime of forced birth throughout the United States. Proof is after Dobbs they have passed, accepted and endorsed laws that consign pregnant women and their families to physical and mental suffering; cruelly threaten the health and life of mothers; restrict a woman's right to travel for healthcare. They have stated their intent to criminalize women’s health freedom and arrest doctors for providing basic care.

Demanding that all Americans follow the conservative zealots and religious right's forced birth doctrine is wrong. Given the opportunity, Senator Graham, Senator Rubio and the other legislators of the Republican Party will hand this religious minority their goal of a federally mandated total abortion ban.

Decisions about whether to choose adoption, end a pregnancy, or continue a pregnancy should be made by a pregnant woman with the counsel of her family, her own faith, and her health care provider. Politicians should not be involved in anyone’s personal medical decisions about their reproductive health or pregnancy.

Last edited by corpgypsy; 09-18-2022 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: punctuation correction & clarity

Old 09-18-2022, 07:56 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

IMO, after re-reading these pages, we have yet another thread that has been captured by the religious right and their radical fact free opinions, and hysterical anecdotes. An MO utilized to divert other posters into the mud & weeds of baseless tangents to avoid the simple truth of their movement's agenda, which is to deny women the right to make their own healthcare decisions.

Most alert citizens of the USA are aware that the fevered goal of the radicalized religious right is to ban access to legal abortion across the nation. They and one major political party have been at the forefront of a very vocal and well documented effort to deny women personal agency and intrude on our most intimate health-care decisions.

Here in 2022 we have a Republican party which is co-mingled with the Evangelical and Catholic Church. These religious types are a huge percent of the GOP. There's no way they'll ever stop until they've succeeded in imposing a national abortion ban, most likely followed by all of the other religious beliefs they think the rest of us should be following.

I am not a member of an Evangelical Church. I am not a Catholic. And I resent being tyrannized by this minority and their extreme religious doctrines ---all of which they are free to have in the confines of their religion, but not in the governing of the United States of America. Look, these same types of Republicans are telling us they can't handle gay people, cultural diversity or factual teaching of U.S. history, and any other civil rights progress that they deem offensive to the bogus Christianity they wear on their sleeves. The extreme views and domination they desire is not even close to mimicking the teachings of Christ---and I have studied his work. But I digress.

Reproductive rights are fundamental human rights necessary for the dignity, equality, health, and well-being of women and their families.

Let's not get lost in the religious weeds & mud. This legislation proposed by Senator Graham wholly underscores the determination of Republicans, owned by the evangelicals, to enact a regime of forced birth throughout the United States. Proof is after Dobbs they have passed, accepted and endorsed laws that consign pregnant women and their families to physical and mental suffering; cruelly threaten the health and life of mothers; restrict a woman's right to travel for healthcare. They have stated their intent to criminalize women’s health freedom and arrest doctors for providing basic care.

Demanding that all Americans follow the religious right's forced birth doctrine is wrong. Given the opportunity, Senator Graham, Senator Rubio and the other legislators of the Republican Party will hand this religious minority their goal of a federally mandated total abortion ban.

Decisions about whether to choose adoption, end a pregnancy, or continue a pregnancy should be made by a pregnant woman with the counsel of her family, her own faith, and her health care provider. Politicians should not be involved in anyone’s personal medical decisions about their reproductive health or pregnancy.
Which posters are religious right and how do you identify them?

I haven't set foot in a church in 20 years, so I'm not religious right.

Which other poster are talking about it? And what bible verses are they quoting?

Old 09-18-2022, 07:58 AM

17,411 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post

IMO, after re-reading these pages, we have yet another thread that has been captured by the religious right and their radical fact free opinions, and hysterical anecdotes. An MO utilized to divert other posters into the mud & weeds of baseless tangents to avoid the simple truth of their movement's agenda, which is to deny women the right to make their own healthcare decisions.

Most alert citizens of the USA are aware that the fevered goal of the radicalized religious right is to ban access to legal abortion across the nation. They and one major political party have been at the forefront of a very vocal and well documented effort to deny women personal agency and intrude on our most intimate health-care decisions.

Let's not get lost in the religious weeds & mud. This legislation proposed by Senator Graham wholly underscores the determination of Republicans, owned by the evangelicals, to enact a regime of forced birth throughout the United States. Proof is after Dobbs they have passed, accepted and endorsed laws that consign pregnant women and their families to physical and mental suffering; cruelly threaten the health and life of mothers; restrict a woman's right to travel for healthcare. They have stated their intent to criminalize women’s health freedom and arrest doctors for providing basic care.

Demanding that all Americans follow the religious right's forced birth doctrine is wrong. Given the opportunity, Senator Graham, Senator Rubio and the other legislators of the Republican Party will hand this religious minority their goal of a federally mandated total abortion ban.

lmao

I'm not an Evangelical. I'm not Roman Catholic. I haven't been inside a church in 3 decades.

Old 09-18-2022, 08:02 AM

You don’t have to be religious to be anti choice just judgmental, wanting people to live by their own moral code without regard to the circumstances or life of the individual women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies