Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 11:05 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVNomad View Post
It we all only had your moral sensibilities, oh what a wonderful world it would be.
Facts are not morals. I could ask a serial killer if abortions kill babies, and he'd say well, yeah that's the point of abortion. Think he has "morals"? No. But he knows what a FACT is.

Are you denying facts? What do you think an abortion procedure does? It kills. That's the point of it.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:07 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Then they're the Angels of Death.

Because end of life/hospice pain management is never supposed to be given in a dosage high enough to hasten death.

You are very mistaken.
It's compassionate care, and it has been happening since forever in hospitals across the country. It's actually you who are mistaken if you don't know this. This is not something new.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Facts are not morals. I could ask a serial killer if abortions kill babies, and he'd say well, yeah that's the point of abortion. Think he has "morals"? No. But he knows what a FACT is.

Are you denying facts? What do you think an abortion procedure does? It kills. That's the point of it.
Abortion doesn't "kill babies," no matter how much you say it. Abortion terminates a pregnancy so that a baby does not result. You are free to disagree with that, but your opinion ends where my body begins. That's what you can't get through your head--that your ideology has no rights over my body.

Don't ever get an abortion. But don't tell anyone else that they can't because your opinion trumps their right of autonomy.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:16 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Abortion doesn't "kill babies," no matter how much you say it. Abortion terminates a pregnancy so that a baby does not result. You are free to disagree with that, but your opinion ends where my body begins. That's what you can't get through your head--that your ideology has no rights over my body.

Don't ever get an abortion. But don't tell anyone else that they can't because your opinion trumps their right of autonomy.
Dishonesty. Mental gymnastics. Lies.

We're just killing this toddler so an elderly person does not result.

They are one and they same. The same human throughout the entire developmental life cycle. Killing kills the human for good. No matter the timing.

People refuse to see the truth. Over and over and over.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Dishonesty. Mental gymnastics. Lies.

We're just killing this toddler so an elderly person does not result.
So now a fetus is a toddler.

See, this is why no one here can take you seriously.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:21 AM

17,415 posts, read 14,642,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
It wasn't legally assisted suicide where I have seen it happen. Although, that would certainly qualify as another example of a time when medical care is delivered solely to kill someone.
Then it was murder.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:22 AM

Quote:
It's compassionate care, and it has been happening since forever in hospitals across the country. It's actually you who are mistaken if you don't know this. This is not something new.
What you are describing is literally illegal.

I'm shocked that you don't know this.

But I'm not surprised that you would condone it.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:27 AM

Quote:

I just want to be clear on your stance: abortion is fine with you whether it's at 6 weeks or 39 weeks because all you're doing is terminating a pregnancy so a baby does not result.

Is this your view?

Old 09-19-2022, 11:30 AM

Quote:
What you are describing is literally illegal.

I'm shocked that you don't know this.

But I'm not surprised that you would condone it.
So someone who is dying slowly and painfully must be allowed to continue to die slowly and painfully because helping them to the inevitable end in a pain free and compassionate way is, to you, immoral. Make them suffer right to the bitter end, damn it! Keep them on those machines that keep their hearts going even when their brains are dead. They can stay like that for weeks or longer. That's the right thing to do, in your opinion.

Okay, well, I will happily be on the other side of that moral issue without a problem.

Old 09-19-2022, 11:33 AM

Quote:
I just want to be clear on your stance: abortion is fine with you whether it's at 6 weeks or 39 weeks because all you're doing is terminating a pregnancy so a baby does not result.

Is this your view?
Oooh, the strawman 39 weeks argument! Haven't seen that one in a while.

For the record, no one is getting late term abortions unless there is a serious problem with either the mother or the fetus. No matter what your forced-birth sites are telling you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies