Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2022, 02:10 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I think you’ll be going home.
That is not a majority opinion and elections are won by majority of voters.

We shall see. Far right candidates in several other countries are leading or making ground (Italy, UK and Sweden off the top of my head). It's time to pick sides and stop camping out in the middle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2022, 02:12 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,653,986 times
hope all you wackos vote for these wackos and lose…

its a shame when people can’t accept a loss (yes, both sides).

Old 09-14-2022, 02:14 PM

15,841 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Maggie Hassan is probably secretly pleased that her opponent is so far outside the mainstream. She'd probably have a more difficult task versus a moderate.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:23 PM

21,882 posts, read 25,154,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
“ And I am also wondering how many people, whatever their political affiliation, really care about 2020 election at this point. Are they still very bothered that some people still insist that the election was stolen, or are they ready to move on to other issues? In other words, I wonder how many people, now believe that the issue of whether or not the 2020 election was stolen is of primary importance to them.”

“Other issues” are front and center for most people. Inflation, Crime, the WAR on our Energy, the Afghanistan Debacle and the Divisive Rhetoric toward anyone who supported Donald Trump or even other Republicans.

The 2020 Election and actions surrounding it (before & after the Election) are emblematic of the Lack of Trust in Media, Elite Political on both sides, the FBI, CIA, DOJ, Government Bureaucracy and most of all our Justice system.

2020 is over. There are no Mulligans for Elections.
Even though it’s over — the attacks on the Loser of that Election, supporters of that Loser - continue nonstop and are Escalating.

That’s a concern, it’s also totally Unprecedented.
Real issues are more important than conspiracy theories. Deficit, inflation, crime are real issues. Alien abductions are not. I mean, I'm with the alien abduction guys on distrusting the fibbies if for different reasons so it's not like we don't have some common ground even if I don't buy into the conspiracies.

Old 09-14-2022, 02:36 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Real issues are more important than conspiracy theories. Deficit, inflation, crime are real issues. Alien abductions are not. I mean, I'm with the alien abduction guys on distrusting the fibbies if for different reasons so it's not like we don't have some common ground even if I don't buy into the conspiracies.
You’re the only president me who mentioned alien abductions. What’s that about?

Old 09-14-2022, 03:16 PM

4,548 posts, read 2,272,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grilledcheesez View Post
My opinion is far right is an invented term and not what you think it means. In fact, far right is used by liberals to encompass blacks, Hispanics, Asians and any race that disagrees with a lunatic fringe groups thinking, leftists. It’s a scare tactic invented by the media for the low IQ to keep them fearful of a make believe boogie man so they continue to vote status quo.

The less Democrats in power, the better off we are.

Anyone not conforming their thoughts to opening post is “far right,” the useful idiots gobble that term up and use it to refer to anyone.

True. I am not far right. I am more of a libertarian. I am not of any religion. I believe that all drugs should be legalized (personal responsibility), I’m a vegan and support animal rights. But if it makes them feel better to think we’re all far right, then they can have at it.

Old 09-14-2022, 04:59 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You’re the only president me who mentioned alien abductions. What’s that about?
Why do I always see the auto-corrections when it’s too late to change it? I meant you’re the only person who mentioned alien abductions.

Old 09-14-2022, 06:38 PM

6,810 posts, read 9,357,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
However, from what I can gather, Bolduc's campaign is centered on his belief that the 2020 election was stolen from Trump. I could not find his platform on any other issue. Therefore, it seems to me that half the Republican voters, at least in NH, are still looking for someone like Trump who is not part of the establishment. I wonder if that is true of Republican voters in general?
Democrats are absolutely nasty. I want Republican candidates who aren’t afraid to fight back. The last thing I want is a go-along, get-along Mitt Romney style candidate who always caves to Democrats. So yeah, I would say in general that Republican voters want non-establishment candidates who will actually fight back against Democrats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies