Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 08:48 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just wait until people start complaining, due to the lack of immigrants, paying $30 an hour for someone to clean your house, or mow your lawn, trim your bushes, or contractors paying $30-40 an hour for construction work!

Both Democratic and Republican business owners want open borders, this isn't a Democratic or Republican issue.

Now let those states fly their released, more dangerous inmates, and registered sex offenders, to FL and TX!
Wouldn't I love to see that!!!
If you do that who will be left to vote for Democrats

Old 09-15-2022, 08:49 AM

23,211 posts, read 29,023,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Superb news!!

Keep 'em flowing Governor DeSantis, Governor Abbott & Governor Ducey!

Portland and Minneapolis next!
Before long the rich Latin American exiles in the Miami area are going to start screaming, due to the lack of immigrants, about paying exorbitant sums for someone to clean their houses or do their landscaping. Even Trump may complain, getting cheap labor for Mar-A-Lago.

This all smells of some massive lawsuits. I'm sure the lawyers are already working on it.

And? Retaliation is to be expected. Send plane loads of recently released inmates and registered sex offenders to TX or FL.

9,952 posts, read 6,666,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
There is already a comprehensive set of immigration laws, the Biden administration just needs to do its damn job and enforce them. As written, the US already has some of the most open immigration laws in the entire world. So there's that. Nice attempt at deflection, though.

Repeat after me: Democrats own this issue. Period.
Again- these are generally Venezuelans who are deemed eligible to apply for asylum effective last week through sometime in 2024.

5,535 posts, read 7,106,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
So what you are saying is that there is enough space for about 183K illegals to live there until Memorial Day???? Perfect!!!!
The ferries out of Woods Hole can be full capacity now too:

The hourly schedule: https://www.steamshipauthority.com/schedules

Old 09-15-2022, 08:50 AM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times
It's unfortunate that this is what's it's come down to but politicians in DC don't get it or want to see it. So, now they'll see it. I've said before I detest using human beings as political pawns but the Biden Administration is deaf and blind to what's happening at the border. As the old saying goes, If Mohamed won't go to the mountain, bring the mountain to Mohamed.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:52 AM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,904 times
Biden, that woman VP, all of them will be saying it's just a political stunt on the governors part and how they should be ashamed of lowering themselves to such petty tactics. I'm sure Biden's girl spokesperson already has her answers formatted so when she asked about this..

Yep, can already hear all the sneering and condescending remarks that will be directed at those nasty Republican governors who are playing with people's lives just to try and gain political points. Just disgraceful.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:52 AM

2,046 posts, read 1,114,539 times
The stories coming out is that the community embraced the migrants with open arms and took care of them lol. Total backfire on DeSantis. Also a crummy move to treat human beings as political pawns in your sick, twisted game. The MAGA cultists who find this endearing are deplorable. There, I said it. "Lock me up".

Old 09-15-2022, 08:54 AM

9,499 posts, read 4,334,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
So the people who live in Martha Vineyard are involved how?
Yes. Why do you ask? Or are you suffering from the misconception that the impact of asinine liberal policies can targeted with extreme precision in order to avoid impacting certain locations? In simple terms: Their state is a liberal strong hold, so they are responsible for and should suffer the consequences of their dumb voting decisions.

10,435 posts, read 6,964,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
The stories coming out is that the community embraced the migrants with open arms and took care of them lol. Total backfire on DeSantis. Also a crummy move to treat human beings as political pawns in your sick, twisted game. The MAGA cultists who find this endearing are deplorable. There, I said it. "Lock me up".
Hope DeSantis sends two more planes.

8,059 posts, read 3,942,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
There is already a comprehensive set of immigration laws, the Biden administration just needs to do its damn job and enforce them. As written, the US already has some of the most open immigration laws in the entire world. So there's that. Nice attempt at deflection, though.

Repeat after me: Democrats own this issue. Period.
Now that this is no longer confined to the border, Democrats are terrified that they will have to live with the consequences of their own actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies