Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2022, 02:30 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times

Advertisements

A little more reading and these 50 weren't even from Florida . This is really disgusting.

https://www.npr.org/2022/09/15/11231...rthas-vineyard
NPR was able to interview three of the migrants late Wednesday. "They (the migrants) told us they had recently crossed the border in Texas and were staying at a shelter in San Antonio," NPR's Joel Rose said on Morning Edition.

The migrants said a woman they identified as "Perla" approached them outside the shelter and lured them into boarding the plane, saying they would be flown to Boston where they could get expedited work papers. She provided them with food. The migrants said Perla was still trying to recruit more passengers just hours before their flight.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:31 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
actual (and incredibly hilarious) cnn headline:

'They enriched us.' Migrants' 44-hour visit leaves indelible mark on Martha's Vineyard

Old 09-19-2022, 02:32 PM

5,150 posts, read 3,758,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
WHAT? It doesn't matter what the population is and when.

That's not the point

It is an island community. There are much more practical places to send people that will have easier access to the places holding their hearings, their families and friends who are here.
It was a publicity stunt. You see how fast these elites got these people out of their faces? But it's OK to saddle the border states with these people right?

Old 09-19-2022, 02:32 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Repubs only care about their own private property. They think that private summer houses that are shut down for the winter are suitable for emergency housing for an emergency they (the Repubs) created.
yeah I know, republicans don't care about anything least when its inconvenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Look on the bright side. At least they'll be opening up a bunch of authentic Mexican restaurants at Martha's Vineyard. Shouldn't D'Hildabeast be happy about that anyways? Now she can bring her hot sauce and go to town.
Venezuelan food is different from Mexican and I doubt you could tell the difference.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:33 PM

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJmmadude View Post
Let's give it a chance, since it has been made glaringly obvious that giving these people the resources they need is no small endeavor, and there are hundreds of thousands of them in the US and that number is growing every day. If we really do care about them and neither party sees them as political pawns, let's see if we can figure it out.
Your premise is flawed to begin with. Democrats threw open the gates when Joe Biden came into office. Those aren't people that negotiate honestly. EVERY time a Democrat is asked about the border, they say we need amnesty.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:35 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancers View Post
It was a publicity stunt. You see how fast these elites got these people out of their faces? But it's OK to saddle the border states with these people right?
Using people for a political stunt is inhumane -- not Christian like at all.

And they didn't get rid of them because they didn't care for those people...many of those people didn't want to be there, they had hearings to go to, family to leave with.

Elitist DeSantis when to Texas seeking out migrants (guess he couldn't find any in Florida), orchestrated a stunt using families, individuals in need......and you folks are going to go after the people of Martha's Vineyard.....

Gosh come on.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:35 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
CNN must be talking about Martha's Vineyard's GoFundMe.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:36 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
yeah I know, republicans don't care about anything least when its inconvenient.

Venezuelan food is different from Mexican and I doubt you could tell the difference.
I bet I could tell the difference. I used to date Mexican chicks exclusively all through high school, basically eating home cooked Mexican food for years. If you date authentic Mexican chicks you'll know, there's always hot food on the stove ready for visitors. Always!

Later in my 20's I dated a few chicks from El Salvador. I can tell the difference between Mexican food and El Salvadorian food. Mexican food is much spicy/hotter compared to El Salvadorian food. I love them both.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:45 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,944,421 times
Quote:

And they didn't get rid of them because they didn't care for those people...many of those people didn't want to be there, they had hearings to go to, family to leave with.

Elitist DeSantis when to Texas seeking out migrants (guess he couldn't find any in Florida), orchestrated a stunt using families, individuals in need......and you folks are going to go after the people of Martha's Vineyard.....

Gosh come on.
Biden's own DHS proposed the Desantis/Abbott plan... he shot it down out of hand.

Officials enraged after White House rejects DHS plans to mitigate crisis at southern border: report

The White House doesn't want the whole country to know how badly they are screwing up.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:48 PM

4,427 posts, read 5,152,830 times
Quote:

Gosh come on.
“Kids in cages??!”

Gosh come on..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies