Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 08:55 AM

8,335 posts, read 6,419,063 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilkHammer View Post
Superb news!!

Keep 'em flowing Governor DeSantis, Governor Abbott & Governor Ducey!

Portland and Minneapolis next!
The homeless have completely taken over Portland.

Old 09-15-2022, 08:56 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
The stories coming out is that the community embraced the migrants with open arms and took care of them lol. Total backfire on DeSantis. Also a crummy move to treat human beings as political pawns in your sick, twisted game. The MAGA cultists who find this endearing are deplorable. There, I said it. "Lock me up".
How is this a backfire? You seem to think this is a punitive action. It's not - its simply asking Dems to step and take accountability for their decisions. Yes, I know accountability is an alien concept to Democrats, so kudos to the good folks of Martha's Vineyard.

Furthermore, the fact that you think the influx of illegal immigrants is a bad thing is inconsistent with Dem ideology. Jeebus, can you people at least be consistent?

2,427 posts, read 3,563,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Just wait until people start complaining, due to the lack of immigrants, paying $30 an hour for someone to clean your house, or mow your lawn, trim your bushes, or contractors paying $30-40 an hour for construction work!

Both Democratic and Republican business owners want open borders, this isn't a Democratic or Republican issue.

Now let those states fly their released, more dangerous inmates, and registered sex offenders, to FL and TX!
Wouldn't I love to see that!!!
Well said!

2,684 posts, read 2,397,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlEsc View Post
I am for solutions. This idea might actually work. However, I would be concerned about people getting off the trains before arriving at the sanctuary city.
I would leave it up to sanctuary cities/states to determine where the end of the line is (in their own borders) so they could plan arrival stations and administer it properly. I would rather have some record of "who and where" rather than just let off on so-and-so's lawn.
I understand these people arrived here illegally, but just dropping them off without some support structure encourages panhandling or criminal activity for them to survive. It's also a bad look; creating suffering for a political stunt. Two wrongs don't make a right.
I don't understand- do the border towns get to choose where and when they receive the illegals? If not, then why should the sanctuary cities be any different?

19,201 posts, read 16,675,444 times
Quote:
And? Retaliation is to be expected. Send plane loads of recently released inmates and registered sex offenders to TX or FL.
I don't know if that's a good idea, tijlover. Some of those rascals in TX have their own brand of justice and at this stage, a group like that might disappear and no one would say a word. It could get ugly if the Biden Administration doesn't wake up soon.

7,922 posts, read 9,146,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by modest View Post
The stories coming out is that the community embraced the migrants with open arms and took care of them lol. Total backfire on DeSantis. Also a crummy move to treat human beings as political pawns in your sick, twisted game. The MAGA cultists who find this endearing are deplorable. There, I said it. "Lock me up".
Why is sharing the economic pain of having to house illegals a crummy move? MA has stated that they welcome and even encourage illegals to come to their state, so what is the problem? Why should only certain states bear the economic brunt of having these illegals?

Your outrage should be directed at Biden and the Feds who are encouraging illegal immigration yet failing to pay the states for taking care of them.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:01 AM

9,501 posts, read 4,332,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
I thought Mexico was going to pay for the border? What happened there?
Off topic. Next.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:02 AM

25,690 posts, read 18,773,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
They should just open several train stations right on the border and as soon as the criminals cross the line, they go on the trains and are whisked away to "sanctuary cities." Think of all the new railroad worker jobs that would open up. You'd have hundreds of trains rolling per day, right? Someone has to drive those trains. Someone has to maintain the rails. Someone has to watch over the criminals on the trains. What an economic boom! Win/win. The folks along the border do not have to deal with the criminals and the A-holes in the sanctuary cities would get exactly what they supposedly want--more foreign national criminals in their cities.
To add to the train idea...

In order to sell this idea to the libs, we need a slick marketing campaign that appeals to them. My thought is that we could start running a commercial on all the lib TV stations across the nation that goes something like this:

The old O'Jays hit song "Love Train" begins playing as we see a train coming around a bend in the tracks within a narrow, yet beautiful canyon. As the train nears, we see it is painted in rainbow flag colors. As it goes by the camera, we see the occupants looking out the open windows, all broadly smiling and wearing a mixture of Biden tee-shirts and MS-13 tattoos, each holding their hands out the windows giving various gang gestures. We then hear them chanting over the music ("Love Train," which is still playing), "¡Voy a Votar Biden! ¡Voy a Votar Biden! ¡Y voy a traer fentanyl!" The camera then pans to the train as it pulls away in the distance, revealing a placard on the back of the train that reads, "This is an EV train, brought to you by a dozen Chinese-made wind turbines, a hundred Chinese-made solar panels, and a thousand overworked child slaves in the lithium mines of Africa."

By this time, I'm sure the typical lib viewer will need a change of underwear and a cold shower.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:05 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,247,746 times
Quote:
Before long the rich Latin American exiles in the Miami area are going to start screaming, due to the lack of immigrants, about paying exorbitant sums for someone to clean their houses or do their landscaping. Even Trump may complain, getting cheap labor for Mar-A-Lago.

This all smells of some massive lawsuits. I'm sure the lawyers are already working on it.

And? Retaliation is to be expected. Send plane loads of recently released inmates and registered sex offenders to TX or FL.
Retaliation? I don't understand. I thought you were all for open borders, sanctuary cities and all that. Were you being disingenuous perhaps?

Old 09-15-2022, 09:07 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingaround12345 View Post
Do you actually believe they are going to let them stay? They will be on the mainland before supper time. Probably some working class suburb of Boston that leans to the right.
No that was sarcasm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies