Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2022, 03:11 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,439,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I gave you a link from PBS, you didn't like, but that's not my fault. Go ahead and show me where MV is not a "sanctuary destination" since you seem so preoccupied to prove it was not a "sanctuary state" or "sanctuary city" lol.
I'm not preoccupied lol. You're the one that brought it up again.

The link you provided contained no attribution of any kind. The author just pulled it out of thin air.

Surely, if MV had been styling itself as a sanctuary destination there would be some further evidence somewhere. I looked and found nothing other than the same statement you provided copied ad nauseum.

I can only conclude from that it's not true.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:21 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I'm not preoccupied lol. You're the one that brought it up again.

The link you provided contained no attribution of any kind. The author just pulled it out of thin air.

Surely, if MV had been styling itself as a sanctuary destination there would be some further evidence somewhere. I looked and found nothing other than the same statement you provided copied ad nauseum.

I can only conclude from that it's not true.
You can conclude anything you want!

Took me 2 minutes to find:

Quote:
n a statement, Mr. Cyr said the recent efforts by We Stand Together, along with feedback from many constituents following the executive order in January, spoke to the Cape and Islands as an “inherently welcoming place,” and he said people in his district “will stand up against federal policy that demonizes immigrants.”
https://vineyardgazette.com/news/201...esponse-island

How MV handicapped ICE and local law enforcement from working together so illegals are not deported. 2017.

Old 09-21-2022, 03:59 AM

20,834 posts, read 17,100,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Yes it’s conveniently rule of law to hear their (obviously) bogus asylum claims but we need to be compassionate when refraining from deporting them or giving them amnesty.

I mean it’s very obvious, Democrats want open borders and lawlessness. Why? I have only guesses.
Because they want to destroy equity and the USA in the process. oh and still be at the tippy top of the food chain....kinda like Russia before.

Old 09-21-2022, 04:32 AM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
This is Biden/open border leftist's plan

-Flood the USA with asylum seekers

-Statistically about 70%-85% asylum seekers from Central America are denied. That's 7 out of 10 asylum seekers are not qualified for asylum
https://trac.syr.edu/immigration/reports/630/
https://www.factcheck.org/2021/04/fa...rt-attendance/

-By law those 70%-85% are subject for deportation, but under Biden they are protected from deportation

In another word, Biden wants 100% asylum seekers to remain in the US regardless if their claims are legit or not.
Over four million people have come through (don’t believe the two million number). I bet the asylum seekers will never leave and the gotaways will never leave. While people complain on both sides the Biden Administration is quietly letting an invasion occur. No one will be deported or have their asylum claim even questioned. I’m sure anyone who can get pregnant is doing that now so they will never be forced to leave.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:04 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Especially if the intent as stated was to move people to sanctuary cities/states.

Massachusetts is not a sanctuary state and neither is any place on Martha's vineyard.......oops.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ma...up/ar-AA120Zd6
And neither is Texas or Florida. Yet millions of illegals have been foisted on those states, thanks to the open border policies of the Biden administration.

This is a national issue. One that the elite in MV and DC conveniently ignore because the reality of the situation is thousands of miles away from their front door. Biden moved these folks around the country, yet not one liberal batted an eye.

End birthright citizenship.

Build the wall.

Adhere to the Geneva Convention Refugee rules and return the so-called refugees back to the country they travelled THROUGH to get to the US.

Old 09-21-2022, 05:46 AM

1,418 posts, read 752,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And neither is Texas or Florida. Yet millions of illegals have been foisted on those states, thanks to the open border policies of the Biden administration.
Florida's only borders are with Georgia and Alabama. I'm not totally against the wall idea, though. Florida is a popular place, we could charge admission.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:09 AM

17,620 posts, read 6,908,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It would seem it is the Democrats you need to convince. I'm sure you are capable of writing a convincing letter to your Congress critter.
You assume Democrats are rational and would enact policy for the nation’s good instead of their own. They aren’t and won’t.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:25 AM

1,799 posts, read 562,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
So, you concur, the ones DeSantis lied to to get them on the plane were not currently illegally in the USA. Well?
You merely play a semantics game here, and deliberately try to ignore the point. Why bother participating if you gave to play silly word games to avoid admitting to something?

The ones on the plane entered the country illegally. They are,therefore, illegal immigrants . Illegal immigrants are allowed to remain in the country if they appeal for asylum or appeal their deportation until said hearing. This does not in any way make them legal immigrants. They are still illegal immigrants who are awaiting a court hearing, and allowed to remain in the US while awaiting the hearing. If the hearing does not alter their status , then they are deported ,because , again, they are illegal immigrants and their status did not get changed to being legal immigrants.

If you wish to play games with claiming they are legally allowed to remain in the country until the hearing, go ahead, for whatever point that accomplishes. This just shows you have no interest in trying to understand what is being said, which is that the migrants came to the country illegally. They remain, however, immigrants who entered the country illegally , and are therefore illegal immigrants, who are awaiting hearing to determine if their status will be changed from the current illegal status to legal.

Old 09-21-2022, 06:25 AM

43,080 posts, read 18,259,632 times
The WH cannot keep ignoring the illegals. We have 2.1 million just this fiscal year alone with another month to go.

Those are record numbers.

Old 09-21-2022, 07:11 AM

1,134 posts, read 404,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
The WH cannot keep ignoring the illegals. We have 2.1 million just this fiscal year alone with another month to go. Those are record numbers.
2.1 million!! Stunning. They're saying it's the only supply chain the Biden Admin hasn't broken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies