Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2022, 08:27 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
How does CBP background check for migrants, especially those from Venezuela, from countries with no diplomatic ties to the U.S.?

In addition, NTA is not a scheduled for court date.

Go ahead and ask me how I know all this
I wouldn't argue that background checks are thorough for the same reason as refugees ariving from Syria without documentation. If they were processed they have a court date.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:27 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why would any one who is interested in an honest discussion post a tiny snippet of a comment rather the entire statement?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...he/vi-AA122SXZ
It's the snippet I wanted to emphasize. What part of the entire statement do you want to share that might better promote an honest discussion and/or your point? Don't be shy...

Old 09-23-2022, 08:31 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you are suggesting that employers hire illegal aliens instead of paying an American a fair wage? You like the rich getting richer and therefore discriminating against the American worker? If an employer can't afford to pay an American a fair wage then they need to go out of business. There are many honest business owners that don't hire illegal aliens and they survive just fine.

So you are in favor of law breaking including felony ID theft and/or tax evasion just so the greedy employers can increase their profits? Please, I don't understand your moral compass at all.

How did things get built before millions of illegals flooded our border?
In the name of an honest discussion, do you remember a time when employers looking for minimum wage workers didn't have their "help wanted" signs in the windows? Have you ever listened to these employers talk about their inability to find workers? It's been going on for as long as I can remember, and then again something I know all too well about having had the same challenge with my employment agency.

When is this time when America didn't allow this "flood" of immigrants? How far back can we go to read about this history? Have you any idea?

Old 09-23-2022, 09:09 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I wouldn't argue that background checks are thorough for the same reason as refugees ariving from Syria without documentation. If they were processed they have a court date.
Refugees stay in refugee camps in a third country for YEARS.They are vetted by UNHCR and the sponsoring-nation before they are granted permission to enter sponsoring country.

Asylum at the SWB stay in the migrant detention camp for a week (sometimes less)

Old 09-23-2022, 09:12 AM

14,228 posts, read 4,590,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
It's comments like these that had me leave this dumb forum awhile ago. To take a break from observing the ugly underbelly of too many Americans who really don't know sheet from shinola. Talk about lazy too.

Anyone actually want to have "an honest discussion?" Or are these sorts of childish insults really the draw here?
It’s hard to have an honest opinion when your Houseplant in Chief believes 71 million Americans are extremists and enemy of the state.

It takes two to tango.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:15 AM

19,837 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Kushner is not impressed with DeSantis stunt. Is he a RINO now?

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/s...60861064679424
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Why would any one who is interested in an honest discussion post a tiny snippet of a comment rather the entire statement?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...he/vi-AA122SXZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
It's the snippet I wanted to emphasize. What part of the entire statement do you want to share that might better promote an honest discussion and/or your point? Don't be shy...

Did you just out yourself as having two accounts?!

The part you ignored:

“But I do think if you go back to the time under President Trump we had the lowest border crossings in history, when he turned over the administration and the border was very secure, was very safe and and people don’t talk enough about the fact that these people are being lured in to these journeys by the coyotes. They are paying a lot of money. I think 80% of women are sexually assaulted along the way. They come into America they don’t have papers, many of them are exploited, put into human trafficking, modern slavery. So it’s a very sad situation. I think the policies that President Trump was trying to put forward on figuring out how to have a secure border, a merit based immigration system. Having rule and law and order were very important policies that unfortunately was just totally disregarded and reversed day one and now we are seeing the unfortunate humanitarian disaster that comes because of that.”

Old 09-23-2022, 10:23 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,183,047 times
Rep. Adam Schiff calls for creation of House Select Committee to investigate the flying of migrants to Martha's Vineyard.

"For the people living there this was like 9/11...or even worse...Jan. 6," the lawmaker fumed. "We have to get to the bottom of it."

Old 09-23-2022, 11:13 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Rep. Adam Schiff calls for creation of House Select Committee to investigate the flying of migrants to Martha's Vineyard.

"For the people living there this was like 9/11...or even worse...Jan. 6," the lawmaker fumed. "We have to get to the bottom of it."
Only 50 of them put them in such a stir, lol…and Dems want the borders open and these poor folks to live in states where the Governors are supposedly so terrible. The hypocrisy continues to runneth over everyday.

Old 09-23-2022, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
I live in Miami Beach, and I know especially re Brazilians and Nicas.

Again, they're economic migrants.
I think we are in agreement, same was true for Cuba but in their case it was also the authoritarian government.

Old 09-23-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Coming from a communist country doesn't mean anything. Asylum seekers still have to prove that they are being persecuted for their political opinion. Burden of proof is on them
How do they prove that from Martha's Vinyard when their court was in Texas. Why is this a cause for laughter by the GOP regardless of whether they meet the asylum criteria, they are a mean spirited bunch that offer no solutions to the problem just complaints.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies