Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 02:21 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsker View Post
Are you sure you didn’t just visit the rich parts?

Again, you fail to acknowledge what we did to countries like Guatemala that led to migrants “invading” us. So long as these countries have to bow down to American hegemony, we will continue to have this problem.
They’re coming because they can make more money here. As long as there will be poor countries rich countries need strong border policies to keep themselves from being invaded.

Kind of like locking your door. Here in the USA we unlocked the door, swung it open and announced we’re open + we got a lot of cash in some underwear drawers. And then you wonder why you get burglarized. Lol

Old 09-15-2022, 02:28 PM

2,983 posts, read 1,166,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Your answer was right there in plain site.
I hope they send some to Canada right next door to you!!

Old 09-15-2022, 02:31 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Your out of touch whiteness is showing. Impoverished migrants can care less about American politics, and more about survival.
They are in such poverty they pay up to six grand to be smuggled here. That's about the equivalent of 75 grand in their home country.

Old 09-15-2022, 02:34 PM

5,935 posts, read 2,760,378 times
Another option, send them up to the Canadian border, port of entry! Let's see what the Canadians do...LOL

The Canadians won't even let an American with an ID in, if they have a DUI.

Ohhhhh Can-Na-Duhhhh.

Old 09-15-2022, 02:35 PM

14,229 posts, read 4,593,980 times
Quote:
The only ones that care about the politics are the ones with monetary privilege to come here legally.

The ones that don’t are leaving because it’s a life or death situation.
1) You make no sense because the last 6 years since Trump became President, the fight between GOP and DNC has been mostly over illegal immigration, not legal immigration. Also, feel free to explain why there’s a huge uptick in illegal immigration at the SWB since Biden became POTUS?

2) Explain “life and death” situation? Gangs? Since when do we start accepting asylum because they are afraid of gangs?

Old 09-15-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Another option, send them up to the Canadian border, port of entry! Let's see what the Canadians do...LOL

The Canadians won't even let an American with an ID in, if they have a DUI.

Ohhhhh Can-Na-Duhhhh.
It’s useless. I tried that with that leftist Canadian poster “normstad” and this is what I got “but but but….”

Old 09-15-2022, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Are you sure you didn’t just visit the rich parts?

Again, you fail to acknowledge what we did to countries like Guatemala that led to migrants “invading” us. So long as these countries have to bow down to American hegemony, we will continue to have this problem.
Oh, the “rich parts”

So you are admitting that the illegal immigrants are coming to the US to work?

Old 09-15-2022, 02:41 PM

5,935 posts, read 2,760,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
It’s useless. I tried that with that leftist Canadian poster “normstad” and this is what I got “but but but….”
Send 'em to Detroit and Buffalo, encourage them to cross the Canadian border like they've been told to on the US border. Both are blue states, both are/near border cities.

I'm sure poor upstate NYers and those that still remain in Detroit will gladly give up their benefits for people from Guatemala and Venezuela...

No?

Old 09-15-2022, 02:42 PM

942 posts, read 392,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Yep, MV handled 50 with no problem... but, just wait til those #s approach 5000 or 50,000.
This.......and as another poster stated......This is only day 1. Let's see how kind and caring they are when they are inundated with the numbers you mentioned.

Although, the people on MV do have a taste for having their "Servants". You know...to do all those chores that they're above doing themselves. Like wiping their own a$$e$.

Old 09-15-2022, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Send 'em to Detroit and Buffalo, encourage them to cross the Canadian border like they've been told to on the US border. Both are blue states, both are/near border cities.

I'm sure poor upstate NYers and those that still remain in Detroit will gladly give up their benefits for people from Guatemala and Venezuela...

No?
If someone seeks asylum in the US and gets denied, then they will get deny asylum in Canada as well. This is a normal practice when I was working in the northern border 5 years ago. I don’t know about now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies