Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2022, 08:26 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-62906853

The link didn't inspire this thread, a report on MSNBC did.

One of the things the MSNBC reporter said was that the founder's kids essentially don't think a system should exist where people can become billionaires (which elicits a big from me), and that they (his kids) don't want to be billionaires.

Kids wanting to find their own way......Great .

Not wanting such a system to exist..... .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2022, 08:42 AM

4,662 posts, read 1,952,568 times
I bet those kids are and are more then willing to be Millionaires though. I wouldn't want to be a Billionaire either. Too much money can cause you a ton of trouble, everything from a loss of anonymity and personal freedom to everybody and his brother asking for a handout. A few Million to live comfortably under the radar and still do just about anything you want.

Old 09-15-2022, 09:17 AM

10,482 posts, read 6,999,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by remco67 View Post
I bet those kids are and are more then willing to be Millionaires though. I wouldn't want to be a Billionaire either. Too much money can cause you a ton of trouble, everything from a loss of anonymity and personal freedom to everybody and his brother asking for a handout. A few Million to live comfortably under the radar and still do just about anything you want.
He has two younger kids, including one Claire Chouinard who is college (Yale), so assuming it was her grades and not family that got her in that school

His son, owns a surfboarding company.

Either way, this is just an advertisement, puff piece for the brand. They are not giving away billions, they are giving away some of the profits they earn in the year (how much is that $100k, $1M?). The article goes into his other advertisement schemes such as "Dont buy this jacket" Jacket, which turned out to be one of their best selling products.

Old 09-15-2022, 02:39 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
He is free to do as he wishes with his money.

There is a list at the link of "People who have donated their wealth". It's a short list. Thought this was interesting...

Microsoft founder Bill Gates this year vowed to "drop off" the world's rich list as he made a $20bn donation to his philanthropic fund. The tech boss, who is thought to be worth $118bn, had pledged to give his wealth away to charity in 2010 but his net worth has more than doubled since then.

Oh...

Old 09-15-2022, 03:44 PM

25,738 posts, read 18,809,520 times
I'm sure the snake oil salesmen that are now called "climate change experts" will be thrilled with their added wealth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies