Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 11:42 AM

3,113 posts, read 938,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
He had a booster (3 shots total),and a covid infection.
He's not taking the new booster, that's the point of this thread. Not his past mistakes

Old 09-18-2022, 11:44 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,833,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Three shots and still got covid.

He’s not a fan of the new booster and does not believe there is evdience to support it being rolled out.
Yeah, omicron. /shrug He's old and didn't die or get hospitalized. I'm fully vaxed and boosted, and I'll wait and see how the new booster works, but I'm not due for a booster for a few months.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-18-2022, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Yeah, omicron. /shrug He's old and didn't die or get hospitalized. I'm fully vaxed and boosted, and I'll wait and see how the new booster works, but I'm not due for a booster for a few months.
Omicron's IFR is < than Influenza. Do you think his 3 vaccines of the ancestral virus had anything to do with him not being hospitalized/dying from Omicron?

Old 09-18-2022, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Omicron's IFR is < than Influenza. Do you think his 3 vaccines of the ancestral virus had anything to do with him not being hospitalized/dying from Omicron?
I think it depends on the person. Also, we still have 450 people dying a day, every day, for months (actually was higher), I think that is showing the IFR is higher than the flu. We are predominantly omicron during that time period.

Old 09-18-2022, 11:58 AM

Quote:
I think it depends on the person. Also, we still have 450 people dying a day, every day, for months (actually was higher), I think that is showing the IFR is higher than the flu. We are predominantly omicron during that time period.
No, it doesn't show that at all. IFR = infection fatality ratio . A ratio indicates you have a numerator (deaths from COVID*) vs denominator (infections from COVID). For example, Ebola has a higher IFR than either SARS-CoV-2 or Influenza but on average, only a handful people die worldwide every year because infections are low.

* Most of those 400 COVID deaths are "with" not "from". But that's unrelated to your point.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:13 PM

1,864 posts, read 840,136 times
if you dont take the vaccination, it just hurt themselve. its not like hurting those that have taken it. I dont see why people are getting fire for not taken it, its no harm to other just themselves. they say 70% have gotta sick. I know of two in two years.

Old 09-18-2022, 12:18 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,282,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JenaS62 View Post
This whole thing has made me completely distrust the medical community and the drug companies. My kids are adults now but if I had to do it all over again, I would forego vaccinating them. I simply now believe that the risks outweighs the benefits.

So you wouldn't give your newborn their MMR shot and risk them getting these diseases again? We've wiped out a lot of viruses that used to cripple people, and they would make a comeback if everyone decided to go anti-vax, but hey, that's natural selection for you. Let people make these decisions and deal with the consequences.

I don't think it's unnecessary for government to try to hold everyone's hand cradle to grave. If they don't want to vaccinate their kids, so be it. I'm all for a society of maximum freedom with maximum accountability, the problem is the government will never do that. They always want to hand hold and protect everyone from everything, plus the need to control people at a more basic level, to let them know who's in charge so they are obedient towards authority.

Last edited by sholomar; 09-18-2022 at 12:28 PM..

Old 09-18-2022, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post

I think it's unnecessary for government to try to hold everyone's hand cradle to grave. If they don't want to vaccinate their kids, so be it. Make them sign a waiver they are responsible for all medical costs if their kid gets the virus in question and be done with it.
Uhm, unless you're on medicaid, you're responsible anyways. Be your kid vaccinated or not, you (your insurance) has to pay.

PS Measles,Mumps, Rubella (MMR) are mild diseases.

Old 09-18-2022, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
No, it doesn't show that at all. IFR = infection fatality ratio . A ratio indicates you have a numerator (deaths from COVID*) vs denominator (infections from COVID). For example, Ebola has a higher IFR than either SARS-CoV-2 or Influenza but on average, only a handful people die worldwide every year because infections are low.

* Most of those 400 COVID deaths are "with" not "from". But that's unrelated to your point.

Just a quick glance at excess death rates in the US in 2022, indicates different.

https://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?queryid=104676

Old 09-18-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
[/b]
Just a quick glance at excess death rates in the US in 2022, indicates different.

https://stats.oecd.org/index.aspx?queryid=104676
The excess deaths are far higher than the reported deaths [from] COVID, are all over the western world. And cannot be explained by COVID.

I use the UK as a source here since they have far better data than we do, or their data for 2022 is more timely.

Quote:
Taking this approach, the Continuous Mortality Investigation report 8,200 excess deaths in the last eight weeks.

There have been around 4,500 deaths with COVID-19 mentioned on the death certificate in the last eight weeks. COVID was the underlying cause for 2,800 of these and may also have contributed to others.
Quote:
Cardiovascular causes show significant excess mortality. For example, heart disease, heart failure and circulatory diseases. Deaths from diabetes, the urinary system, and respiratory infections are also elevated, though for the latter most of the excess is from COVID.
https://ukandeu.ac.uk/why-have-there...s-this-summer/

In reality, seems people have become somewhat less healthy during the pandemic and deaths from cardiovascular related issues have surged.

While the elephant in the room is vaccines, which aggravate or cause CVD (myocarditis being the tip of the iceberg), also stress, lack of exercise (during pandemic) may also be to blame.

Also, cancer is rising: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...onset-cancers/

With every generation, more and more people under 50 are likely to be diagnosed with cancer. Pretty remarkable since with the campaign against tobacco smoking, you'd expect to see the reverse.

Bottom line, we do have excess deaths but only a % are from COVID.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies