Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2022, 11:51 AM

3,113 posts, read 929,047 times

Advertisements

Paging Suzy, Paging Suzy, Paging Suzy!!!

For those who don't know, Offit is a pediatrician and immunologist who has long pushed vaccines for anything and everything. I believe he even made a vaccine against rotavirus.

He is one of the most ardent bulldogs to vaccinate your kids, and you know that link between autism and vaccines, that's just pseudo-science.

So when I saw this, my jaw dropped to the floor. Of course, I should have seen it coming as earlier he said his kids wouldn't be getting the boosters.

Quote:
I have received three doses of the ancestral strain vaccine and contracted a mild case of COVID in May. As a result, all the evidence suggests that I have high frequencies of virus-specific memory B and T cells, which should protect me against severe disease this winter.

I do not plan to get another dose of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines
https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...lusives/100665

This is probably the most damning indictment of this administration, our FDA and everyone involved.

Old 09-15-2022, 11:55 AM

16,977 posts, read 14,272,461 times
HAHAHAHAHA!!

This is the same guy who said newborns can safely have thousands of vaccinations and be perfectly fine.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
HAHAHAHAHA!!

This is the same guy who said newborns can safely have thousands of vaccinations and be perfectly fine.
I look forward to our Suzy seeing the light one day

Old 09-15-2022, 12:19 PM

6,163 posts, read 2,559,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Paging Suzy, Paging Suzy, Paging Suzy!!!

For those who don't know, Offit is a pediatrician and immunologist who has long pushed vaccines for anything and everything. I believe he even made a vaccine against rotavirus.

He is one of the most ardent bulldogs to vaccinate your kids, and you know that link between autism and vaccines, that's just pseudo-science.

So when I saw this, my jaw dropped to the floor. Of course, I should have seen it coming as earlier he said his kids wouldn't be getting the boosters.

https://www.medpagetoday.com/special...lusives/100665

This is probably the most damning indictment of this administration, our FDA and everyone involved.
Just to point out, before someone else does. There were several doctors in that article and I think he was the only one who said no. Now, due to his position and previous stance, this should speak volumes to many. But they will ignore that and still go on the "Well all of these others said they would".

John Moore, PhD a researcher stated the following.

Quote:
As to whether a booster is "unnecessary" in certain age groups, I think we're at the point where people need to make their own decisions. If you feel like you need a booster for medical reasons (include the psychology of worrying excessively and being unhappy), then get one. But, clearly, a booster is more important to people who are in the older age ranges and/or with pre-existing health conditions. That's long been the case, and nothing has changed.
I agree that it should be up to the individual. The emphasis on the statement is mine as it brings up an interesting point. The government and MSM have been playing a physiological game on people over these vaccines. Just look at what happened in Brittian when they said it would no longer be available for kids outside of certain risk groups. There are parents absolutely terrified that they can't get the vaccine.

There are people who medically have no reason to get the vaccine, but have been conditioned that they "need" the vaccine. It is almost like an addition to some. If they can't get their "fix"...err...booster they would literally go into a mental breakdown.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:20 PM

4,441 posts, read 2,162,891 times
This whole thing has made me completely distrust the medical community and the drug companies. My kids are adults now but if I had to do it all over again, I would forego vaccinating them. I simply now believe that the risks outweighs the benefits.

Old 09-15-2022, 12:52 PM

36,970 posts, read 40,942,878 times
A more nuanced position from Dr. Offit:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...and-if-so-when

"'The goal of this vaccine is to prevent severe illness,' says Paul Offit, director of the Vaccine Education Center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia. He argues that many people who've already received three doses of vaccine remain well protected, so he doesn't see a clear benefit to giving the new boosters to everyone 12 and up.

According to CDC data, people who have had one or two boosters have a 0.024% chance of being hospitalized with COVID-19. For people under 50, it's even lower — 0.014%

Offit agrees that certain groups should receive the new booster including elderly adults, people who are immunocompromised and those with chronic conditions that put them at higher risk of serious illness. But he questions the value of another booster for healthy, younger people.

Offit says he had a mild infection in May that lasted a few days. He's decided against getting the new booster. 'I think I'm protected against serious disease.'

The new boosters offer a few months' protection against infection, he says, but there's no clear evidence of benefit beyond that."

I am one of those "elderly adults". I will be taking the bivalent booster. Like others who have posted here on CD I would prefer to lower my risk of illness this winter, especially during the holidays. This is despite the fact that I had a known close exposure about three weeks ago to my grandchildren who had covid and did not get infected myself.

By the way, do y'all not understand that Dr. Offit is not saying the vaccines do not work?

Old 09-15-2022, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
[b]Offit agrees that certain groups should receive the new booster including elderly adults,
Offit is in his 70s, but won't take the booster. His last infection was in May, according to the CDC he should be boosted

But anyways, Suzy, I have extraordinary patience, one day I will get you onboard

Old 09-15-2022, 01:02 PM

17,294 posts, read 6,651,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
Offit is in his 70s, but won't take the booster. His last infection was in May, according to the CDC he should be boosted

But anyways, Suzy, I have extraordinary patience, one day I will get you onboard
How many COVID boosters and COVID infections will it take before suzy finally comes around? 10? 20? 30?

Old 09-15-2022, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
How many COVID boosters and COVID infections will it take before suzy finally comes around? 10? 20? 30?
Maybe when they go to the IV drip

Old 09-15-2022, 01:09 PM

29,644 posts, read 24,669,992 times
Some of our resident lefties here will happily take up the slack in demand and accept his Fauci ouchie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies