Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 09:02 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtsong View Post
So true. The people who lie about the need for immigrants for the economy are the same who whine and moan about over population, climate change and pretend they care about the poor. It is obvious they don’t care about immigrants but just want to “stick it to the Pubs” by being the opposite side of any discussion. Growth for the sake of growth is stupid and lowers all our standard of living, but they can’t grasp simple concepts. Got to virtue signal to pretend to be moral.
The virtue signalling thing is sooooo true.

Just look at the massive NIMBYism we saw at Martha's Vineyard recently.

50, just 50 migrates show up, they call out the national guard and those people are removed in just two days.

Meanwhile in El Paso you've got illegals sleeping on the streets because they are so full up. What about the 8k plus camped out under that bridge a while back.

Rich people can talk all the talk, but man, the minute a bunch of brown folks show up, without gardening equipment, holly dog crap the world has been turned on it's ear.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:24 AM

1,519 posts, read 1,815,103 times
Yea other countries with nice subway systems don't have men with their pants down holding a brick in their hands walking by people who fear they might get killed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CitJgMaLOP8/

Old 09-20-2022, 10:13 AM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Yea other countries with nice subway systems don't have men with their pants down holding a brick in their hands walking by people who fear they might get killed.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CitJgMaLOP8/
Yeah, there are scenes like that all over the country.

It's really crazy. People need to start to pay much more attention to their local DAs. Got to vote these clowns like Gascon and Kim Foxx out of office.

You've got guys like Soros and his many foundations installing these DAs across the country. I'm not sure if Soros is really a guy who thinks our criminal system is bad or if he's intentionally trying to hurt people. He has to know that these guys revolve in and out of the system and go out and recommit more crime, very often violent crime.

I'm starting to think that Soros is a full blown sociopath.

Old 09-20-2022, 10:14 AM

16,538 posts, read 8,579,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No mention of the dementia patient running the country on that list of reasons why??? Turning a blind eye to the elephant in the room I see...

And nobody is wrecking science more than lefties with their gender is a spectrum garbage, men can get pregnant and on and on the insanity goes. If I neuter my male dog, it's still a male. That rule doesn't change just because you think humans are special. They are not. They are another biological organism and the same rules of science apply.

And if you want people to believe in your elections, stop behaving like you are guilty of stealing elections by going after people who dare question the results. There have always been people questioning elections since elections were a thing. Get used to it. It's not going to change because of your sensitive snowflake feelings.

Teddy Roosevelt was a populist and a great president. Nobody cares what a bunch of butt hurt lefties think about populism and the desire to build a strong, prosperous and wealthy nation.
Because it is an ideologically driven narrative they want to drive home.
Note how the OP said the questioning of the 2020 election results, yet no mention of Hillary claiming the election was stolen from her in 2016, or Stacy Abrams who considers herself the governor in GA, despite losing.
I have an apolitical friend who rarely reads the news, but he's never even heard about Hillary's or Abrams claims, because it is never mentioned on social media.

Old 09-20-2022, 12:51 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
In my very, very, small village, I am an immigrant, the couple across the street are from Columbia, there is the Korean couple who run the grocery store, two doors down the lady is from England, and that is just me thinking quickly about our demographics.

I don't care where people come from. All I care about is that they are treated like human beings, and that they eventually adapt, just like I did. Eventually they all do.
I don't care where they are from "legally" either but I do object to them being here "illegally". That seems to be a concept that you don't grasp!

Old 09-20-2022, 01:47 PM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's fine in measured numbers. We allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year. Money isn't everything anyway. A smaller population to fit a smaller economy is much healthier for everyone. The same people who are so pro-immigration talk out of both sides of their mouths while they champion our environment and climate change, etc. They are nothing but hypocrites! Illegal immigration is totally unacceptable but you don't care about that either!

Economists? They have a vested interest in profit and money and nothing else matters to them!
Illegal immigration isn't the only kind of immigration policymakers need to concern themselves with. The pro-immigration people have spent the last 30 years handing out immigration visas like candy all over Eastern Europe and parts of Inner Asia, gloating over "winning" the Cold War. This has resulted in all kinds of criminal riff-raff getting an easy pass.

And then there's the whole issue of rescuing Afghans from themselves, us mopping up after another unsuccesfull war, along with Syrians, and other beleaguered populations. One Syrian family interviewed for a news feature said, they don't even want to be here. It all happened so fast, they weren't even sure how they ended up in North America. All they wanted was to get back to herding their sheep in the mountains. These are people who are going to have massive culture shock.

Old 09-20-2022, 02:00 PM

1,368 posts, read 488,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
No mention of the dementia patient running the country on that list of reasons why??? Turning a blind eye to the elephant in the room I see...

And nobody is wrecking science more than lefties with their gender is a spectrum garbage, men can get pregnant and on and on the insanity goes. If I neuter my male dog, it's still a male. That rule doesn't change just because you think humans are special. They are not. They are another biological organism and the same rules of science apply.

And if you want people to believe in your elections, stop behaving like you are guilty of stealing elections by going after people who dare question the results. There have always been people questioning elections since elections were a thing. Get used to it. It's not going to change because of your sensitive snowflake feelings.

Teddy Roosevelt was a populist and a great president. Nobody cares what a bunch of butt hurt lefties think about populism and the desire to build a strong, prosperous and wealthy nation.
Perfect. No need to say more

Old 09-20-2022, 02:08 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
I don't care where they are from "legally" either but I do object to them being here "illegally". That seems to be a concept that you don't grasp!
Refugee seekers are not in country illegally, unless their claim was not accepted. You seem to miss that concept, as you continually rail against refugees, saying their claims are false. Let the courts decide that, not you.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:20 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Refugee seekers are not in country illegally, unless their claim was not accepted. You seem to miss that concept, as you continually rail against refugees, saying their claims are false. Let the courts decide that, not you.
Where did I say that they were illegals? However, statistically 80% of them are making bogus asylum claims and that is a fact so that makes them liars and undesirables in our country. When did I say that all asylum seekers are bogus? Reading comprehension problem?

Based on that high percentage of bogus claims they all should be made to wait outside our country until their claims are verified. What happened to the rule that one must take up refuge in the first safe country they pass through that offers it?

Old 09-20-2022, 08:45 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,590,002 times
Quote:
Where did I say that they were illegals? However, statistically 80% of them are making bogus asylum claims and that is a fact so that makes them liars and undesirables in our country. When did I say that all asylum seekers are bogus? Reading comprehension problem?

Based on that high percentage of bogus claims they all should be made to wait outside our country until their claims are verified. What happened to the rule that one must take up refuge in the first safe country they pass through that offers it?
That "rule" ONLY applies to an agreement between Canada and the USA. That's it. Nowhere else does such a "rule" exist.

You have been told this many times. Why do you keep pretending it exists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies