Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 08:36 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecko_complex24 View Post
I love my electric vehicle. It is an e-bike though. I have no plans on buying an electric car anytime soon. Happy with my gas powered vehicle and e-bike (which I use for most daily errands).
An E Trike with baskets would actually be pretty handy for me 9 mos per year. Im a mile from 2 grocery stores and a Walmart. That 80% of everything I need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 08:42 AM

5,321 posts, read 3,204,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
Exactly what will happen. Your brother and his coworker need to stand their ground and not give in. Are all these current generations of EV users going to go to college or trade school in order to learn how to service these vehicles? This is a specialty vocation and one could do well by learning how to repair and otherwise service this growing and future majority transportation vehicle.
Wondering out loud...were there ding dongs 100+ years ago saying "I ain't gunna learn how to change no dang tires. That takes specialty tools. I'm gunna stick to horse shoes, horseless carriages are a fad.

Hay is plentiful, we don't need none of dis here newfangled gas-o-leen technology."

Old 09-16-2022, 08:47 AM

78,337 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Apparently the guy whining on tiktok is too stupid to go look on youtube at the tons of videos about how to get into Tesla's with dead batteries, where to get battery fixes for much cheaper and so forth.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:18 AM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
This is a nothingburger story. It affects exactly 1 person in the story, supposedly, if it's actually true. Then again, people are gullible, and often believe whatever on social media.

No one is forced to buy an EV. No one is forced to buy a Tesla. Outrage and emotion over something that won't affect 99.99999% of others? What for? And, who cares?

Old 09-16-2022, 09:21 AM

6,010 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
No one is forced to buy an EV.
Unless you live in California. And, Massachusetts, Washington, New York, Virginia, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington D.C., as all these states mirror California's laws.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:36 AM

18,047 posts, read 15,639,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Unless you live in California. And, Massachusetts, Washington, New York, Virginia, Connecticut, Colorado, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont, and Washington D.C., as all these states mirror California's laws.
The laws are for new car purchases in 2035.

Most people can't plan their way beyond 6 months. Some can't think more than a few weeks out.

Think technology won't evolve? Think infrastructure won't evolve? Think laws can't change? Why worry about 13 years from now?

If people have time to worry about a law that may affect them in 13 years, I'd say they have it pretty good.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:38 AM

4,135 posts, read 2,835,330 times
Quote:
This is a nothingburger story. It affects exactly 1 person in the story, supposedly, if it's actually true. Then again, people are gullible, and often believe whatever on social media.

No one is forced to buy an EV. No one is forced to buy a Tesla. Outrage and emotion over something that won't affect 99.99999% of others? What for? And, who cares?
Exactly.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:39 AM

9,838 posts, read 4,623,002 times
I seen stories where Tesla highly recommends replacing the batteries because even replacing individual modules will not fix a battery issue nor last long. One guy had to ship his Tesla out of state to find a mechanic to do it. The forums and boards have people complaining replacing the module didn't work and will have to replace the batteries. Even on some common electronics they say just don't replace one battery replace them all for best results or to avoid damage. Thats why one can't pop a computer battery open which are frequently 1/2 dozen small batteries.

Even on gas engines now some manufactures have a lot of different parts in one piece/section. Where one could replace a hose or gasket for under 10 dollars one now pays over 100 dollars for a section of the engine if you will.

They need to be clear wether an issue is warranty or function related. If Tesla warranties a car for 10 years and the owner won't replace the batteries they should just tell athem they void the warranty so the owner then has a choice/cheaper options.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:40 AM

8,328 posts, read 6,419,063 times
I just paid $110 for a battery at Cosco.

Old 09-16-2022, 09:40 AM

6,010 posts, read 2,832,710 times
Quote:
The laws are for new car purchases in 2035.
Correct. So, you agree that people are being forced to purchase an EV, should they want to purchase a new car?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies