Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 07:58 PM

1,151 posts, read 615,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Who said anything about illegal aliens?

Why should they? Proof of citizenship is required at the time of registration. That's all verified before Election Day by the county board of elections and by the state. People voting for the first time are required to show ID before they can vote. In my county, the poll workers ask for ID, but it's not mandatory to show ID to vote.
Seriously? You’re not asking why we should be required to prove identity (as a US citizen) to cast a vote? The first good reason is that only US citizens can vote. Registration is not a vote. In case you do not understand this, the only thing that matters is the vote not the registration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 08:35 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
Illegal aliens are not voting in huge numbers. State rules prevail so you need to check with your state. They have people who monitor elections. Don't assume you know the rules. In the 1800s non-citizens voted if they had only filed an intent to be naturalized. Some never went the full way to naturalization and citizenship but voted at each election as legal voters. There is virtually no election fraud problem today compared to what went on only 100 years ago. My great uncles were in an Irish street gang that blocked people from voting and voted repeatedly themselves. They beat up any election judge that complained. The gang leader was elected to the state senate. They stayed one step ahead of the police because they also owned the police. They also owned the judges. The few reported recent election fraud incidents are nothing in comparison to what it was, they usually get caught, and don't make a difference. Most fraud cases involve party operatives.

I think we do need a better system with standards for all states to conform to. Proof of residency is required to register. You have to be old enough to vote. I actually don't recall giving proof of citizenship at my new state. I do know that my voter registration card is not legal proof of citizenship. That makes me wonder if citizenship is required in all situations or all elections. When I moved across state lines, I didn't unregister in my old state. The previous owners of my current house moved to another state and were still registered at my address here after seven years.

Old 09-22-2022, 09:43 PM

3,697 posts, read 4,994,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
Seriously? You’re not asking why we should be required to prove identity (as a US citizen) to cast a vote? The first good reason is that only US citizens can vote. Registration is not a vote. In case you do not understand this, the only thing that matters is the vote not the registration.
No but without Registration, you can not vote. You proved two things when you register to vote that you are a U.S. Citizen(for federal elections) and that you reside in the State in which you are voting. You also provided information about which precinct you live in. If you are not Registered to vote your name will not appear on the voter roll and you can not possibly vote. If you are registered then your name will appear in the list of voters for that precinct you live in and a ballot can be issued.

In addition if you vote in person you can only vote where your precinct is holding it's election(one location). You could possibly be handed a provisional ballot for issues with registration, but they must be solved by a certain date for your vote to count.

The only thing a poll worker needs to know is your name and address so that they can give you the correct ballot. In my state you must sign a book to get the ballot preventing someone else from voting after you from using your ballot. If someone managed to vote before you then the ballot can be pulled and your provisional ballot will count over it. All you need to do is show a state id or drivers license to prove that you are who you say you are.

Last edited by chirack; 09-22-2022 at 10:09 PM..

Old 09-22-2022, 10:20 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
To get a SSN...you show...
—U.S. citizenship or immigration status
(including Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) permission to work in
the United States)

I know and also employed non-citizens who had SSNs.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
To get a SSN...you show...
—U.S. citizenship
or immigration status
(including Department of Homeland
Security (DHS) permission to work in
the United States)

I know and also employed non-citizens who had SSNs.
Yes, they get SSNs that are different than the ones Citizens get. Anyway if the state contacts the Social Security administration's Database with the SSN they can determine:

1. The first and last name of the person to which the SSN is tied to.
2. The birth date.
3. If the SSN was declared as stolen(identity theft)
4. If the person was declared legally dead
5. If the person in question is a U.S. Citizen

The first name last name and date of birth should match other records need like the one on the State ID or Drivers License.

If they check the State or Federal databases, you can determine if they are serving a sentence in jail and thus should not be voting and once registered they can be taken off the roll if they are serving time in jail when the depart of corrections contacts the State..

The SSN is a unique identifier used for taxes and for Social Security.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stank1964 View Post
It’s simple here OG. If you register, that supposedly allows you to vote. But, get this now, if when the time comes to cast a vote, if you don’t have to identify yourself, what good is having the voter registered? Registering and voting are 2 separate events, and if that are not directly connected to cast a vote, neither one can be trusted.
Registration is directly connected to casting a vote by the fact that registration does two things:

Prove that you have the ability to vote in that state using the presented documents and the information on the application.

Every election it assigns you a polling place and precinct to vote which determines which candidates you will vote for.

Last edited by chirack; 09-25-2022 at 08:35 PM..

Old 08-30-2023, 03:32 PM

11,069 posts, read 7,135,481 times
If nothing happened after the initial fraud allegations surfaced, that'd be one matter. But the fact that there was a lengthy review and audit, and essentially the same results were verified, even further solidifies their validity.

That people can't accept that, they wouldn't even accept God himself coming out of cloud and saying there was no fraud. Only hearing from their superior god (Trump) would change their closed minds. That's how duped and depraved they are. People like that deserve to be thoroughly tuned out and ignored.

Old 08-30-2023, 04:43 PM

73 posts, read 45,653 times
I am sure some voter fraud exists.

As it relates to the election of 2020...I am waiting to see the evidence of mass and organized fraud presented in a court of law. Trumps own attorneys did not bring that in their challenges in 2020. In fact several are on record saying they are NOT claiming fraud.

I think too often we hear from media sources that either spin or provide incomplete information (Both sides).

What goes on the record...and what is published is what I go by.

Old 08-30-2023, 05:20 PM

5,335 posts, read 4,423,566 times
I have lived in 11 states. I have voted in all those states. None of those states required a SS# to register to vote . They only require proof of residency and identification. A SS# is used IF the applicant does not have proof of residency or identification.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
When you register to vote you have to provide certain documents as well as your SSN number. The state confirms your address and your SSN. Your SSN is proof of U.S. Citizenship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirack View Post
Ah they do, they all do. Only U.S. Citizens can vote in federal elections. However state and local elections can be voted in by non citizens, if state law allows. You need one to get registered to vote in a federal election and my state does not allow non citizens to vote. The registration process is how you get on the voter rolls.
Nope, you are not correct.
Quote:
SSN is only required in most states if you do not have a current in-state driver’s license or state-issued ID. And then you only need to put the last 4 digits of the SSN. In HI, KY, NM, SC, TN and VA, you should provide your full social security number.
SOURCE
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-30-2023 at 06:12 PM..

Old 08-30-2023, 05:33 PM

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Interesting historical fact.
Susan b Anthony was cited with voting illegally.
A lady had no rights to vote . Thus started the campaign for females to cast votes.
An Albany county republican election commissioner was recently charged with election fraud.

The real question which had been asked and answered is: was there widespread election fraud during the 2020 primary.
Answer: no.

Is there a portion of Americans that thinks the earth is flat, Elvis is still alive , and sandy hook was character actors .
Yes, more of them exist then the charged cases of election fraud .
States that changed their voting Law not in union with the requirements laid out in the Constitution (by the State Legislature only!) contributed to votes being counted or even cast that should not have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies