Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2022, 06:19 PM

6,017 posts, read 2,840,559 times

Advertisements

We have come to a point in our Republic that "desperate times call for desperate measures". We have thirty trillion dollars in debt, and climbing. Something has to change. So, due to reckless spending and ever-growing budgets over the years, what Federal Departments, Agencies, and Programs should be eliminated?

I will go first by stating just a few:

Department of Education: Test scores have consistently dropped since its implementation, Americans have gotten dumber since its implementation, and there is no reason that states cannot manage their own education. And, we are broke!

The Environmental Protection Agency: It is redundant. Each state has their own EPA, so why do we need a federal agency? And, we are broke!

The Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant: Tuition has risen every year since this program's implementation. And, we are broke!

The Weatherization Assistance Program: If not everyone can participate in the program, then it is discriminatory. It is, also, not the job of the Federal Government to fund home projects for people. And, we are broke!

Institute of Museum and Library Services: I LOVE libraries and museums, but we are broke!

National Endowment of the Arts: I do enjoy going to an occasional show, but we are broke!

National Endowment for the Humanities: Government should not be involved in scholarships. And, we are broke!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2022, 06:23 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,236,547 times
I dont think theres a single department, agency, and program that couldnt be trimmed. Id be willing to bet every single one is full of wasteful spending.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:25 PM

6,017 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carnivalday View Post
I dont think theres a single department, agency, and program that couldnt be trimmed. Id be willing to bet every single one is full of wasteful spending.
Yes, I agree.

However, trimming, alone, will not solve our problem. We have to eliminate the deficit before we can even begin to pay off our debt. That is going to take major budget cuts, including the elimination of many programs, agencies, and departments.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:28 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
Due To Our Ever-Growing National Debt, Which Federal Departments/Agencies/Programs Should Be Eliminated?
Pretty much all of them. The federal government was supposed to be restricted in its power and only responsible for protection from foreign invasion and a very few other things. Beyond that, defund and abolish.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:29 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,985,438 times
Probably all of them.. But it never happens when Democrats run things. Government just grows larger. You'll have to wait until a Republican House/Senate/Presidency, which who knows how long that will be. Could be another 8 years.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:33 PM

2,136 posts, read 1,206,120 times
I am 100% all for eliminating waste. No matter what comes of that effort we need to bring in the revenues to cover the budget. Any year we have a federal deficit is a year in which those making the $ didn't pony up their share. There is no other possible understanding. This cannot be kicked down the road to future citizens.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:36 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Whatever Brandon is for, just get rid of it, and then evict Brandon too.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:46 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,939,379 times
I say the entire Executive Branch. Get rid of Biden and his cronies.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:46 PM

18,068 posts, read 15,658,847 times
How much debt was run up from 2017 to 2021? It sure wasn't $0, that much is clear.

Old 09-18-2022, 06:53 PM

2,953 posts, read 992,731 times
Homeland Security. It sounded Orwellian when it was founded and it's lived up to it's name. Just another rights grab in the name of security.
The FBI. I'm all for law and order but these goons aren't. They're nothing but the door-kicking arm of the Uniparty. We can easily do without the FBI while we reconstitute something that's under better Constitutional control.

Seeking more inspiration for destruction I looked up Federal Agencies A - Z. Here's A. It's astonishing ... Bolded below are the agencies I want gone. I'm too afraid to look at B - Z.

AbilityOne Commission
Access Board
Administration for Children and Families (ACF)
Administration for Community Living
Administration for Native Americans
Administrative Conference of the United States

Administrative Office of the U.S. Courts
Advisory Council on Historic Preservation
Africa Command
African Development Foundation
Agency for Global Media
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ)
Agency for International Development (USAID)
Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry
Agricultural Marketing Service (AMS)
Agricultural Research Service

Agriculture Department (USDA)
Agriculture Library
Air Force
Air Force Reserve
Alcohol and Tobacco Tax and Trade Bureau
Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives Bureau (ATF)
Alhurra TV
American Battle Monuments Commission
AmeriCorps
AmeriCorps Seniors

Amtrak (AMTRAK)
Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS)
Antitrust Division
Appalachian Regional Commission
Architect of the Capitol

Archives, National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)
Arctic Research Commission
Armed Forces Retirement Home
Arms Control and International Security
Army
Army Corps of Engineers
Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases, National Institute of

BTW Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms shouldn't be a govt agency, it should be a convenience store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies