Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 06:57 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I don;t think any one minded, and the funeral was not about Biden.

The guest list included Ten Kings, Six Sultans, an Emperor and numerous crowned Grand Dukes and Crown Princes and Princess, as well as of Heads of State from across the world, Religious representatives and leaders.

The Emperor of Japan doesn't even usually attend funerals beyond that of family, in accordance with his Shinto beliefs, so I was especially impressed that he turned up.

Even the US President was fourteen rows back.
And the Commonwealth nations are more important to the monarchy than the USA.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/royals...harry-28024344
This article suggest Biden's seat placement was always meant to be 14th row.

As I mentioned before, I don't assume the seating was 'first come, first served'. There would have been a seating plan they would have adhered to.

While the Bidens were late, I'm sure the event planners were made aware they were on their way. I suspect that they didn't move their seats as suggested by a few media. Seems someone suggested the placement was because of being late and others jumped on it.

Old 09-20-2022, 06:59 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
regardless of the reason, it’s a bad look for Biden and it’s a good representation of his administration: a day late, and a dollar short
Yeah

But we should all be super impressed that he didn't complain. Lol

Old 09-20-2022, 07:02 AM

23,979 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
It's so embarrassing that biden arrived in a limo when all world leaders took the bus. He just has to be so special.
Was that decision made by Biden or the Secret Service?

Old 09-20-2022, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Was that decision made by Biden or the Secret Service?
I dont think it matters. Bottom line is that the bus was prepared to transport world leaders to westminster abbey. If he was there on time, he would have taken the bus, just like everyone else.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:09 AM

Quote:
I dont think it matters. Bottom line is that the bus was prepared to transport world leaders to westminster abbey. If he was there on time, he would have taken the bus, just like everyone else.
I read reports they got special 'permission' to use their own vehicle -- for security purposes. And of coruse, why does the President need more security. Not the first time a President chooses to do something different.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:12 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,595,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post

I don;t think any one minded, and the funeral was not about Biden.

The guest list included Ten Kings, Six Sultans, an Emperor, Queen Margrethe II of Denmark, and numerous crowned Grand Dukes and Crown Princes and Princess, as well as of Heads of State from across the world, as wells Religious representatives and other political leaders.

The Emperor of Japan doesn't even usually attend funerals beyond that of family, in accordance with his Shinto beliefs, so I was especially impressed that he turned up.

Even the US President was fourteen rows back, which is something that generally does not happen.
Silly question more of curiosity, Had he taken the bus ride thing... Was that his assigned seat or only because he was late?

Edit. Nevermind. Found it in a link. Always 14th row. Wonder why behind Poland tho. Shrug.

I find it fascinating actually. Your queen was a class act.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Silly question more of curiosity, Had he taken the bus ride thing... Was that his assigned seat or only because he was late?

I find it fascinating actually. Your queen was a class act.
It seems there are a couple of articles that indicate that was his assigned seat.

Again -- these events are carefully orchestrated. And while the Bidens were 5-10 minutes late, I don't believe that it would have resulted in a shift in their seat assignments.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I read reports they got special 'permission' to use their own vehicle -- for security purposes. And of coruse, why does the President need more security. Not the first time a President chooses to do something different.
Which is why this is a turn off to some of us.

All other world leaders could just use the bus prepared to transport them to westminster abbey, (bus was prepared by uk government, not something like Uber by the way), he couldn't because he was late.

There is no excuse of being late. But if you don't see the problem, that's your opinion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Which is why this is a turn off to some of us.

All other world leaders could just use the bus prepared to transport them to westminster abbey, (bus was prepared by uk government, not something like Uber by the way), he couldn't because he was late.

There is no excuse of being late. But if you don't see the problem, that's your opinion. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.
I don't really care either way.

My point is that they made it in time for the funeral.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't really care either way.

My point is that they made it in time for the funeral.
Ok

Although the first paraph is not convincing. But ok
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies