Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 07:46 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
I suppose you've never been late for anything? Of course you're not bothered by what Trump did. Shocking I tell you - shocking.
TBH, I don’t even know or care about “what Trump did” to break protocol. When the story about Michelle Obama breaking protocol came out, I remember it portrayed as being cool of course, because Democrat and especially because Obama. Isn’t Michelle Obama just a wonderful person and so friendly, since she hugged the Queen?!

But I expect our “adults in the room” who wanted to “restore our standing in the world” to not make rookie mistakes like being late.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:49 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post

But I expect our “adults in the room” who wanted to “restore our standing in the world” to not make rookie mistakes like being late.
Loved the words you use here,

Rookie mistake

He is the president of the United States, his action will be watched. If he and his administration, and his followers don't want him to be criticized, then don't make these mistakes. Problem solved.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:51 AM

14,949 posts, read 12,143,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
It's mortifying. All the other world leaders arrived together by planned transportation but joe and his caretaker had to take The Beast.
I imagine the planned transportation was the only way Biden's handlers could maintain control of his behavior during that time. Turning Ol'Joe loose in a crowd of world leaders could have......uh..., interesting results. :

Old 09-20-2022, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
Biden* never misses a chance to embarrass himself and this country on the world stage.
I bet he wasn't even aware of what was going on.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:56 AM

6,804 posts, read 9,354,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He is the president of the United States, his action will be watched. If he and his administration, and his followers don't want him to be criticized, then don't make these mistakes. Problem solved.
Exactly. And let us not forget that “adult in the room” Joe was supposed to bring us over 50 years of experience in government and all of the folks in his administration were supposed to be absolute top of the line pro-level people who were going to get us “back on track” and “restore our standing in the world.”

Old 09-20-2022, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diane de Poitiers View Post
Was Vladimir Putin there?
He was not invited.

I'd have to find a written source for this, but I heard it said that Vladimir Putin was the first world leader to call Prince ( now King) Charles to offer condolence for his mother's death.

Old 09-20-2022, 07:57 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
Exactly. And let us not forget that “adult in the room” Joe was supposed to bring us over 50 years of experience in government and all of the folks in his administration were supposed to be absolute top of the line pro-level people who were going to get us “back on track” and “restore our standing in the world.”
I know

Old 09-20-2022, 07:59 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,904,359 times
Quote:
Maybe he had another “bathroom incident”? He and dowdy Jill are such an embarrassment to this country.
Maybe Biden and Jill were doing a power move, like Putin is famous for?

Old 09-20-2022, 08:03 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,247,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
That's King Charles to you.

The United States is not a member of the Commonwealth. That first predicates who sits where. I doubt Biden was too upset about it - certainly not as upset as you seem to be. The president of the United States isn't as important to the rest of the world as he is to the United States, certainly not to the point of who sits where at the Queen's funeral.

You indicated that another poster "should read more". So who's talking about him being late? Besides the "experts" at City-Data, of course ...

*snort*
Yeah, the USA is not part of the Commonwealth but either is all that foreign royalty that sat ahead of the President either. So, is this still the 15th century? Foreign royalty still goes ahead of the elected heads of state of democratic countries?

As for the Commonwealth, half of the members are tiny islands in the Caribbean and the Pacific that are smaller than counties in the United States or Britain herself.

Yeah, you are right that I making a fuss out of it and it is over anyway. But I am pointing out that was a pretty bad call based on some really outdated protocol.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:10 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 2 days ago)

27,175 posts, read 13,455,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by columbusboy8 View Post
Maybe Biden and Jill were doing a power move, like Putin is famous for?
Putin did try a power move with the Queen back in 2003, when he kept her waiting for 14 minutes.

Also in attendance was Blind British Home Secretary David Blunkett, whose Guide Dog Sadie wouldn't stop barking at Putin he finally arrived

Mr Blunkett later apologised to the Queen, only to be told 'dogs have interesting instincts, don't they?'.

The Queen's sly dig at Vladimir Putin after he kept her waiting for 14 minutes: David Blunkett reveals how Her Majesty said 'dogs have interesting instincts, don't they?' after his guide dog barked at dictator

As for Trump, the Queen wasn't happy with him constantly landing his helicopter on her lawn at Buckingham Palace, and she's on film stating 'Look what he's done to my garden', the Queen had a meeting with Sir David Attenborough, and was showing him around the Royal Gardens at Buckingham Palace when she heard a helicopter ans said 'It's sounds like Presidet Trump or Obama'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4bdXlt2f8Y

There was also the time when Boris Yeltsin tried to put is arm around the Queen, and Britain sent a letter to the Kremlin stating that Russian leaders and officials were not to touch the Queen. Thankfully the Queen managed to evade Boris's advances.

Here's a few more incidents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P62Cm3xRNHk

Last edited by Brave New World; 09-20-2022 at 08:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies