Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 08:53 AM

5,882 posts, read 2,749,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
He said that folks serving life for murder second should be considered for parole.

Then Fox News put its spin on his remarks and some here fell for it. True nothing burger.

Epic fail.
It seems pretty cut and dry, to me... "I hope that it could lead to a conversation that would free close to 1,200 people". - John Fetter"woman".

Is it that hard for you to disavow something that a candidate says, just because he is a member of your party?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 08:54 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,227,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/fet...egree-murderer

I am really failing to understand the appeal of Lieutenant Governor Fetter"woman"...

#1, He is a creep! He looks like a villain you would see on a Scooby-Doo cartoon!

#2, He dresses unprofessionally. Will he walk the halls of the Senate in a sweatshirt, should he be elected?

#3, He is a radical Progressive, as evidenced by his support of emptying prisons. Clearly, Dr. Oz is the more moderate candidate, in this race.

#4, He is "damaged goods". He still has many issues surrounding his stroke. He should be focusing on his health.

From the article:
Sounds like you won't be voting for him.
You clearly have your reasons.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:56 AM

5,882 posts, read 2,749,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Sounds like you won't be voting for him.
You clearly have your reasons.
I also do not live in Pennsylvania.

But, I think it is important to get the message out there that Lieutenant Governor Fetterman is not your grandfather's Democrat, but and older AOC.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:58 AM

634 posts, read 1,161,258 times
Vote democrat and they’ll flood the suburbs with rapists and murderers

Old 09-20-2022, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
He looks like Lurch from The Adams Family.

This guy is unfit for anything - Disgustingly Gross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZone View Post
He looks more like Lurch’s and Uncle Fester’s secret love child
Plenty choose a candidate based on physical appeal.
Choose to vote based on any criteria that you want.

Old 09-20-2022, 08:59 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,154,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Is that what he said.

He said 2nd Degree Murder Felons should be given a hearing if they didn't actually kill someone.
Yes. Folks deserve a hearing. That does NOT mean automatic release. Mark Chapman has had how many parole hearings?

People here are making bricks without straw.
Quote:
However, I do not understand how a rational person could vote for someone that supports releasing all criminals convicted of second degree murder.
He didn't really say that. I think you realize that by now and are just repeating an inaccurate spin to his comments.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:00 AM

12,722 posts, read 7,533,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manigault View Post
He said that folks serving life for murder second should be considered for parole.
Yep, and this has now turned into him supporting releasing every person convicted of second degree murder.

Interesting how those who complain the most about fake news are usually the most often shoveling it.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:02 AM

13,273 posts, read 8,392,925 times
Good thing fox still is consistent at misleading .
Go read the entirety of the snippets that were taken out of context.
Typical campaign manuever for the opponent to only share a portion.
But I get it how the attention span is narrow for some citizens and that's what fox and the Oz campaign thrives upon.
Have the decency to dig a little deeper into these twisted remarks by the groups funding the Oz campaign.
I did the same when listening to the Oz remarks held by fetterman. Difference was... His were more fact then misleading and/ or out of context.

Vote with a bit of sensibility.
.not some media bias outlet .

Old 09-20-2022, 09:02 AM

8,425 posts, read 12,154,327 times
Quote:
It seems pretty cut and dry, to me... "I hope that it could lead to a conversation that would free close to 1,200 people". - John Fetter"woman".
He said maybe some folks could be paroled instead of serving life. Don't be intellectually dishonest.

Old 09-20-2022, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinE View Post
Vote democrat and they’ll flood the suburbs with rapists and murderers
Do you live in the suburbs of PA?
Which suburb if you don't mind me asking.
Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies