Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 12:57 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times

Advertisements

LOL Denver … what a hot mess of a city. It was actually a nice city at one time, but not anymore. Maybe City Council and the may should get crime and car thefts under control first.

Instead of finding anyone who meets the basic criteria of not having extreme mental health issues, we’re going to prioritize transgender and non-binary people because we can’t accomplish anything without a healthy dose of Democrat virtue signaling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 12:59 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Racism, sexism and discrimination-all the hallmarks of the left. Not really surprising, though I suspect SCOTUS will have some thoughts of this discriminatory use of taxpayer dollars.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:01 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,788,778 times
And our tax dollars are paying for that crap. Honestly, it's about time for a revolution.

And a "free cell phone"??? What in the name of god does a gutter bum need a cell phone for? I have a cell phone. It sits on my kitchen table 99% of the time. It rarely rings. It occasionally receives or sends a text. I in no way "need" it and the only real reason I have it is because my employer may need to contact me. There is no way in hell's hell that a homeless person NEEDS a cell phone. What they need is rehab, a good cleaning up and detoxification, some intense counselling, NO dope, NO alcohol, and a job. And if they can't handle that, they need to go to a mental asylum or prison, depending on the reason.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:02 PM

43,080 posts, read 18,252,401 times
Now we know why there is no one working entry level jobs....nanny governments all over the US are "taking care of them".

Old 09-20-2022, 01:03 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
The vast majority of homeless people are NOT "homeless by choice." Anyone who believes this is just looking for yet another reason to be indifferent to obvious human suffering and gets to feel "better than" in addition. I think that this is why 95% of conservatives share your opinion - it's the easy way out and leaves you all more time to keep practicing that Nazi salute which Trump is now encouraging at his "rallies."

Shameful personal attack.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:07 PM

1,688 posts, read 611,125 times
Quote:
The vast majority of homeless people are NOT "homeless by choice." Anyone who believes this is just looking for yet another reason to be indifferent to obvious human suffering and gets to feel "better than" in addition. I think that this is why 95% of conservatives share your opinion - it's the easy way out and leaves you all more time to keep practicing that Nazi salute which Trump is now encouraging at his "rallies."

If you had bothered to read your own link, you'd have read this near the end of the story:

Conducting research into whether providing financial assistance will help people get off the streets seems like a good idea to me. Best of all, most of the funding for this experiment is being provided by various charities. Again from your link:

That means that taxpayers are off the hook for 80% of the money this program will use. Sounds reasonable to me, but I'm sure that a ultra conservative rag based in London knows exactly what the American city of Denver needs to do to clean up its streets.

Why doesn't the Daily Mail do some in depth reporting on how London is NOT solving its own homeless problem?
It’s an interesting study, but at the end of the day I predict will be another leftist failure. There is a reason most (not all) of these folks are homeless. They can’t manage life including money, responsibility etc. Giving them money will most likely just see it wasted. I would predict it will help a small % get off the street, those who just had bad luck and ended up there but are otherwise responsible.

Cities like San Francisco have already tried the “extended” helping hand approach and it has proven a failure. I think one of the problems is these cities try to take a one size fits all approach. There are homeless who are homeless for different reasons and therefore need a customized approach.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:08 PM

6,797 posts, read 9,347,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Yep, for someone who lives in a beautiful part of Colorado (i.e., not Denver), she’s nasty.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:12 PM

25,721 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
... and leaves you all more time to keep practicing that Nazi salute which Trump is now encouraging at his "rallies."...
You mean like this one, wiseass?

Old 09-20-2022, 01:42 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,934,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Yep, for someone who lives in a beautiful part of Colorado (i.e., not Denver), she’s nasty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
You mean like this one, wiseass?

I was referring to the pictures that were posted in another thread which has now been deleted. Those pictures were real and not photoshopped. However, without that post to link to, I'm deleting my post that you guys are referring to. Taken out of context, it does come across as a personal attack and I apologize.

Old 09-20-2022, 02:11 PM

3,048 posts, read 1,151,272 times
I personally know someone who could benefit from this program. Thank you for posting, OP. I will pass along the information if she hasn't already come across it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies