Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 11:32 AM

6,028 posts, read 2,846,987 times

Advertisements

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attached.html

Is this sponsored by the Mexican drug cartels or the Denver-based liquor stores and pot dispensaries?

I cannot believe they forgot the 'BIPOC' people...

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Mail
Denver is set to provide 140 homeless transgender and non-binary people with $12,000 in no-strings-attached cash to help lift them out of destitution - and combat the squalid encampments and soaring crime rates plaguing the Mile-High City.

The city has allocated $2million from the American Rescue Plan Act to fund the program, which will be run by the Denver Basic Income Project to mainly get women, transgender and non-binary people housed.

The total program, which will cost up to $9million, is seeking to help around 820 people, but the $2million provided by the city will fund around 140 people.

The rest of the money will be raised through charitable foundations, including the Colorado Health Foundation and the Denver Foundation, Denver Basic Income Project founder Mark Donovan told Axios Denver.

The program is divided into three different groups, with 260 receiving $6,500 up front and then getting $500 a month for 12 months; another 260 will receive $1,000 a month for 12 months; and the control group of 300 will get a $50-a-month stipend to complete surveys.

All participants will also get a free cell phone and a year of service.
At what point do people realize that 95% of homeless people are homeless by choice? There are three types of homeless people. The mentally ill, drug addicts, and people who fall on hard times. To end homelessness, sanitariums need to come back. Some people are not fit for society, but do not belong in prison. Send the mentally ill there, send the legitimately homeless people to shelters to get back on their feet, and then criminalize "living on the streets". Most drug addicts do not want to seek help, which is their right, but with homelessness being criminalized, they will not be allowed to live on the streets.

See, it is not that difficult to solve.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2022, 11:34 AM

9,981 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Wanna get in on the action? Simply claim to be non-binary and that your house identifies as a cardboard box. Voila.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:38 AM

43,106 posts, read 18,269,535 times
Just walk up and say you're a transgender lesbian (guy) or transgender gay (girl).
The idiots in government will not connect those dots

Old 09-20-2022, 11:39 AM

6,384 posts, read 4,832,732 times
Does this mean that all I have to do to get a free phone is transition to another gender?

Aren't there about 60 to choose from now?

Count me in!!! (As long as I don't have to lose the penis. )

Old 09-20-2022, 11:43 AM

16,556 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Dear Denver idiots:

I hereby declare that I am a transgender female. I consent to you pulling down my pants and viewing my private parts so that you can confirm that I do indeed have the proper "equipment" for a transgender female. Also, I hereby declare that I do not have a house in Denver or anywhere else in Colorado.* So please fork over my money and my new phone. Thanks, suckers!

* I have a house in another state, but they don't need to know that.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Does this mean that all I have to do to get a free phone is transition to another gender?

Aren't there about 60 to choose from now?

Count me in!!! (As long as I don't have to lose the penis. )
But you may need to wear a 44DDD "prosthetic" so they can tell

Go big or go home !

Old 09-20-2022, 11:44 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Aren't most of the homeless males (real ones, that is)?

Old 09-20-2022, 11:45 AM

3,406 posts, read 1,905,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-attached.html

Is this sponsored by the Mexican drug cartels or the Denver-based liquor stores and pot dispensaries?

I cannot believe they forgot the 'BIPOC' people...

From the article:

At what point do people realize that 95% of homeless people are homeless by choice? There are three types of homeless people. The mentally ill, drug addicts, and people who fall on hard times. To end homelessness, sanitariums need to come back. Some people are not fit for society, but do not belong in prison. Send the mentally ill there, send the legitimately homeless people to shelters to get back on their feet, and then criminalize "living on the streets". Most drug addicts do not want to seek help, which is their right, but with homelessness being criminalized, they will not be allowed to live on the streets.

See, it is not that difficult to solve.

It's okay to discriminate, and men know that women rule the world!

Old 09-20-2022, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Aren't most of the homeless males (real ones, that is)?
I guess they were before this announcement.

Old 09-20-2022, 11:47 AM

19,844 posts, read 12,106,658 times
"The program is divided into three different groups, with 260 receiving $6,500 up front and then getting $500 a month for 12 months; another 260 will receive $1,000 a month for 12 months; and the control group of 300 will get a $50-a-month stipend to complete surveys."

I'm guessing the 300 people who will receive only $50 a month and be required to complete surveys are going to be pissed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies