Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2022, 12:18 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,676,104 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
When they act like banana republic dictators they should be taken down.
No one is acting like a banana republic dictator. Unlike Trump, James isn't filing a frivolous lawsuit. Taken down? What does that mean? She's only doing her job. There's evidence, she found it and now she's presented it to the court, much as many will dislike it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2022, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So if it's illegal and a crime by a civil lawsuit and she wants money? sounds like a political shakedown.
You think she's gonna pocket that $250M for herself? LOL. I don't think you quite understand how this works. She knows what she's doing.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddirtsong View Post
Keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile, I hope you receive unequal treatment by the law and stand in front of a kangaroo court. Nothing more embarrassing than third world politics to keep the show trial running for the partisan hacks.

Government approved scams are different.
But I won't be going in front of a kangaroo court because I haven't tried to commit fraud and I haven't broken any laws. Meanwhile, Trump has committed fraud, James has the evidence, and this is going to proceed according to the rule of law. That's what we're all about in this country, right?

Old 09-21-2022, 12:22 PM

2,912 posts, read 1,235,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You think she's gonna pocket that $250M for herself? LOL. I don't think you quite understand how this works. She knows what she's doing.
Do you have any idea how many times you've sung this song?

The get him psychosis has absolutely destroyed the Democrat Party.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
This time you'll get him.
7 years of this nonsense....continues.
There have been no court cases until recently. It's not been 7 years. And I guarantee you Trump doesn't think any of this is nonsense, no matter how much bravado he displays on social media and Fox News.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:24 PM

5,988 posts, read 2,583,017 times
Trump lying about his net worth I'm shocked

Old 09-21-2022, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanJuanStar View Post
So the Democrat hack from N.Y. say Trump and his children committed massive fraud but she is only doing a civil suit and wants money?
Maybe you should read her filing. That would explain what she's after.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
Trump is clean as whistle when it comes to tax compliance. The only gray area that exists, and this a gray area for every business, every public company (and private) and every business that follows GAAP is asset valuation. Trump followed IRS and US GAAP, the NY Attorney is contesting the asset valuations, coming up with subjective arguments that they were incorrect. The courts (easily) ruled in Trump favor.

My question is how can they sue civilly? The witch hunt continues...
I don't think so. Witch hunts are filed in court, BTW.

Old 09-21-2022, 12:27 PM

3,113 posts, read 927,651 times
Quote:
Can't file these types of cases in court because of politics. Trump does, but attorneys general don't. They have evidence. From what I understand, he's been under investigation for this type of fraud for years now.
Since he fired Comey, yup!

Old 09-21-2022, 12:30 PM

13,272 posts, read 4,104,097 times
Quote:
No one is acting like a banana republic dictator. Unlike Trump, James isn't filing a frivolous lawsuit. Taken down? What does that mean? She's only doing her job. There's evidence, she found it and now she's presented it to the court, much as many will dislike it.
Anyone who has applied for a home equity loan has been asked for their SEV off their property tax statement. The bank then multiplies that by 2.5 to get an estimate of the value of the home. That teaches everyone and should teach Leticia that taxable value is never equal to asset value.

A bank will not take a barrower's word as to the value of assets; they will send their appraiser to evaluate the property. Same with property taxes. The jurisdiction assessing the tax will send their assessor to evaluate the property.

The reason this hack went for civil lawsuit because the burden of proof is way lower and this is political. She will lose the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies