Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2022, 09:46 AM

23,957 posts, read 15,059,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Is it any wonder women have issues when all they read about is that they're not attractive enough, not thin enough, feminine enough, not smart enough, not tough enough? Women have been told this for decades.

Sorry, I have no crap left to give for whiny men who think women and women's achievements are the causes of their problems. Cry me a river.

What status have men lost because women are no longer acquiescing to stay barefoot and pregnant?

It's not pie. Just because I get a piece doesn't mean a man gets less.

I don't feel bad for them at all. What man has been in a job interview and asked if he were thinking of starting a family? What man has been passed over for a job because relocation would mean leaving a significant other in another city? These are questions I faced early in my career. Thank goodness now questions like that are a violation of employment laws.

A friend worked her way up from teller to bank VP. As a single woman bank VP she could not get a mortgage unless a man co signed the note.

I have no problem with what men or women decide to do with their lives.

If or when they have kids, somebody needs to take care of them 24/7/365. Leaving them in a daycare where the staff makes 9 bucks an hour with a required 40 hours of training is not my idea of adequate care.

Old 09-22-2022, 09:47 AM

24,595 posts, read 9,434,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Um, that is beginning to happen.

What you describe does not sound like it has anything to do with independence. People still fall in and want companionship and someone to share their life with. Some even want legal commitment.
You don’t need marriage to have companionship or a legal commitment.

You claim men have no purpose, yet “wealthy independent women” are still marrying these “men with no purpose” and changing their last name.

Old 09-22-2022, 09:56 AM

36,482 posts, read 30,820,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
You don’t need marriage to have companionship or a legal commitment.

You claim men have no purpose, yet “wealthy independent women” are still marrying these “men with no purpose” and changing their last name.
Hold up. I NEVER claimed men have no purpose. You must have me confused with another poster.

No, today we do not need marriage but marriage has been the tradition and expectation for a big chunk of history. It would make sense that we still fall back on that.

My whole point was that men do indeed have a purpose because women still love men, women still want male companionship, commitment and even marriage. Just because men and women dont really NEED one another does not mean we dont desire one another.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:05 PM

2,033 posts, read 851,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Men who don't measure up? They need to stop applying value to dumpy looking attention whores and start working on themselves. Stop being desperate and chasing women who won't give them the time of day. Have some pride and self respect. No need for bitterness, jealousy or running after someone who can't be caught. Focus on themselves and get off social media and dating apps where most of them won't have any success.
I agree with this for the most part. The average American man has become a Simp. Women don’t respect or want Simp. The American woman of today will happily share the top 10% of men with other women. They must because that’s actually what’s going on. The top 10% of men have more partners than they can handle and the population is about equal between men and women. So someone’s getting all the action and someone’s getting left out. Lol
I’m a firm believer that you start with yourself as a man. If you’re living in your mom‘s basement and eating Doritos and playing video games and you’re 5 foot eight 280 pounds, you’re not getting no action. Not in today’s market. You gotta clean that stuff up. You gotta get yourself together and you gotta get some ambition and you physically need to get yourself in shape. This will at least put you at the starting line of the competition.

On the flipside of that, it is true that barely average looking or even below average looking women have become “mini celebrities“ complements of social media. They don’t even need to be attractive to gather a following that completely inflates and unrealistically inflates their egos. It’s ridiculous. I know some of these women in person. They do all the social media stuff and private stuff. A few of these women I would not even consider giving the time of day as far as dating. Just not attractive. Obese, Falmouth, nasty, and yet they’ve got thousands of men throwing money at them and think they’re the next Marilyn Monroe. It’s disgusting. Because of this, these women have zero interest in trying to date an average guy. They’ll get used and toss to the curb by the top 10% and keep going back to it over and over again. They’re never gonna settle down for an average guy. Even though they are average themselves.

I suppose this probably is gonna go on for the next decade or more before it balances itself out. It usually always does. Eventually women will wake up when they’re in their mid 40s and realize they don’t have a life partner. They’ve been hammered 177 times, but none of those 177 dudes wanted anything to do with them long-term. And then things will start to balance out.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:31 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,088,992 times
It is comforting to have a man assert himself. To say what's fair. We count on that. Some women enjoy that feeling for strength and stability.

Men have only a few tools in the set. That is one of them.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:49 PM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattja View Post
The dating apps remind me of late-night bootie calls, but on a larger scale.

A good looking guy will slum with a girl who's a 6 or 7 for the sex, and that gives those girls the impression that they rate a guy who's an 8 or 9. But they don't. He'll have sex with her but he won't take her out with his friends and he certainly won't marry her. But she assumes since this handsome guy will have sex with her that she can date him and marry him. And she'll turn away guy after guy of her own caliber as a result. Then she'll age out and become a cat rancher. I do think this is part of the problem and guys need to learn early on not to waste time and resources on a girl who's holding out for a better looking guy.
Anecdote warning.

My daughter in HS has an overweight friend. I hear their conversations. The friend would rather be part of a harem for a football player than date at her level.

I believe in general the video had many valid points and yes, I understand males who live in mom's basement and don't bathe have other issues.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:52 PM

2,033 posts, read 851,989 times
Quote:
So full of horse manure with this chit.
Eleven million men are not sharing one million men. How many women do you actually know who are monogamous with the same man.
Other than divorce and remarriage and some members FLDS every man and woman I know have their own spouse and I dont know a single woman who is happy to share a man with one other woman much less a multitude of women. Just stop.
You’re thinking of it in terms of a long-term marriage. And the train hasn’t caught up to that point yet. We’re talking about people who are young in this new generation and entering the dating world. There was a social study completed a couple months ago and I’ll see if I can find it. It’s cited that 23% of men in America will still be virgins by the age of 30 now, That number is predicted to increase to almost 40% by the year 2030. Based on the current trend. Young women are still having sex. Lol they’re just having it with the same few men. I’m not worried about it personally because I’m in the top tier. I get all the action I want. I’m just saying for average guys? Because of the trend via social media in this country? It’s not good. It’s a real thing. It’s a real actual phenomenon that’s happening right now.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:56 PM

1,082 posts, read 1,911,585 times
[quote=ticking;64176051]After divorcing and finding myself single in my 30's Very quickly I noticed the options for ladies I had locally weren't going to suit me I tried my hand overseas and it has paid off. That was my version of adapting.

this isn't the flex you think it is

Old 09-22-2022, 01:57 PM

21,818 posts, read 25,094,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Anecdote warning.

My daughter in HS has an overweight friend. I hear their conversations. The friend would rather be part of a harem for a football player than date at her level.

I believe in general the video had many valid points and yes, I understand males who live in mom's basement and don't bathe have other issues.
/Shrug.

If she can bag a half dozen jocks as notches on her bedpost doesn't sound like she has an issue finding partners on her level. I mean, doesn't sound like she's looking to get married to them, just shag 'em.

Old 09-22-2022, 02:16 PM

19,769 posts, read 18,050,613 times
Quote:
So full of horse manure with this chit.
Eleven million men are not sharing one million men. How many women do you actually know who are monogamous with the same man.
Other than divorce and remarriage and some members FLDS every man and woman I know have their own spouse and I dont know a single woman who is happy to share a man with one other woman much less a multitude of women. Just stop.
IMO that's not what the other poster meant. Sharing over time not sharing willy nilly for sex, attention etc.

It's a well known factor across economics, psychology and sociology that women value higher earning men or men with higher earning potential significantly more than the reverse.

IOW especially younger women tend to actively seek out and compete for better providers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.