Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 08:35 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
I'm all for the competition from women and minorities. Got no prob with that. What i have an issue with is old school expectations from women when the proudly proclaim "i can provide security for myself". Good. How bout you buy me a Vette babe. Adjust for the market.
What kind of old school expectations to you commonly see. Expecting your mate to be employed? Just because on can provide for themselves and not have to rely on another for survival doesn't mean they want to support a dead beat. Perhaps women are just smarter or more logical when it comes to that.

Old 12-12-2022, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Actually it's funny cause men who are successful can say damn near whatever they want to women and still have NO problem getting a relationship. You can assess yourself by how you are treated by opposite sex. Simple as that. It's not hard.
That maybe true, IDK. But did you ever think what the quality of a woman is who would chase a man just for his money. They used to call those women gold diggers. Women with any substance will love you for who you are not how much money you have. Most women are not that shallow.
A very attractive woman will have no problem getting any man she wants either but most often she does not want a man who just wants her for her looks.

Old 12-12-2022, 10:05 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Your going on interviews not dates. People date, IME, to get to know one another. If they have commonality, enjoy one another's company and there is a physical attraction they continue to date and dating develops into a relationship. Dating is not an interview where one attends with the intention of choosing someone for mating.

Do you know any guys who want an ugly, fat gal with glasses and buck teeth on welfare with a couple kids. No if you were to ask they would all want a tall, wealthy, blond who is wild in the sack.

about 95% of all people are average.
Most real men care nothing about how much a woman makes. Simp's? ... sure or beta's, but not the average man. Men might care initially and try and gauge if the woman is looking for someone to pay for her life style, but in the long run, men are willing providers. It's gender specific and biology... a combination. Men do not think like women and visa versa. However it's true to say women look at a man for his capacity to provide and protect her in the future, and a man looks and a woman and decides if she is worth his provision and protection based on her past.

It's quite possible that the woman you described above will be 'found' by a man of the same circumstance. It's really up to her if she wants to be found.

Old 12-12-2022, 12:19 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,754,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe I’m just an idealist, but I am equally kind to all women, regardless of what they look like. Just the point of view of a successful doctor and real estate investor. A woman certainly couldn’t use me as a measuring stick. I am secure enough in my success that I don’t take it as a negative reflection on me as to who I am nice to, so I try to be nice to everyone until they give me a reason not to.

And while I’m on the subject, it doesn’t work the other way either. Back 25 years ago when I was in the dating scene, I had my share of rejections, and the lesson that I remember most is to go for the really beautiful women that were way out of my league. Not because I could necessarily get them, but because they gave the nicest rejections of all women. In fact, the meanness of the rejections were inversely proportional to the physical appearance of the women. It was always the “average” looking ones that acted insulted that you would dare approach them, so I stuck with the ones that were out of my league, and I ended up marrying one. We just celebrated our 21st anniversary yesterday, and she’s even more out of my league than she was the day I met her.
Thanks for proving my point Doc. Go back and read what you wrote. You are in the top 10 percent of men. Only woman out of your league would be a celebrity type supermodel.

And congrats to you and the wife. I tip my hat to you Sir.

Old 12-12-2022, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Most real men care nothing about how much a woman makes. Simp's? ... sure or beta's, but not the average man. Men might care initially and try and gauge if the woman is looking for someone to pay for her life style, but in the long run, men are willing providers. It's gender specific and biology... a combination. Men do not think like women and visa versa. However it's true to say women look at a man for his capacity to provide and protect her in the future, and a man looks and a woman and decides if she is worth his provision and protection based on her past.

It's quite possible that the woman you described above will be 'found' by a man of the same circumstance. It's really up to her if she wants to be found.
None of that has anything to do with the point I was making.
All men are real and I am aware they dont care about a woman's income or lack there of until the marriage fails and they find themselves in the middle of a divorce. Then suddenly they believe everything is 100% their since they were the ones earning an income and technically paid for it and then complain if they have to pay spousal support and child support.
Just because men dont care about a woman's income dosent necessarily mean they are willing to be providers. Many women have spent their married lives in poverty and squaller because their husbands didnt actually provide.
Here is an extreme example: https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/4-children-sale-1948/

What do you thing women look to a man to protect her from?
Today women can provide for themselves or contribute equally for the provision of the family. There is nothing biological, social or legal to prevent women from doing so.

What you refuse to accept is that women, if they are smart, seek a committed relationship with two working together for a better life. Many do not want to financially support their husband especially if they want children knowing that will limit their ability to generate income. Its called planning and investing in the future.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:03 PM

14,968 posts, read 9,804,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
None of that has anything to do with the point I was making.
All men are real and I am aware they dont care about a woman's income or lack there of until the marriage fails and they find themselves in the middle of a divorce. Then suddenly they believe everything is 100% their since they were the ones earning an income and technically paid for it and then complain if they have to pay spousal support and child support.
Just because men dont care about a woman's income dosent necessarily mean they are willing to be providers. Many women have spent their married lives in poverty and squaller because their husbands didnt actually provide.
Here is an extreme example: https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/4-children-sale-1948/

What do you thing women look to a man to protect her from?
Today women can provide for themselves or contribute equally for the provision of the family. There is nothing biological, social or legal to prevent women from doing so.

What you refuse to accept is that women, if they are smart, seek a committed relationship with two working together for a better life. Many do not want to financially support their husband especially if they want children knowing that will limit their ability to generate income. Its called planning and investing in the future.
See here's the thing... you don't understand the first thing about men, but you do know what feminists think.

Get a cat, die alone.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
See here's the thing... you don't understand the first thing about men, but you do know what feminists think.

Get a cat, die alone.

Been around men all my life. Married a couple, been in many relationships. Gave birth to two and raised 4. But whatever. I'm a dog person. And have plenty of people in my life so fat chance I'm ever alone.

Old 12-13-2022, 12:10 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
Are men in crisis?
Obviously yes, we are living in the age of weak men, both literally and figuratively

Old 12-13-2022, 09:46 AM

869 posts, read 319,165 times
Lol...

Well when it gets right down to it...people want what they want.

Every man wants something pretty on his arm, and every woman wants something tall and handsome on hers. This is simple biology.

The issues come into play when you realize that women are FAR more forgiving in the looks arena than men are...especially the older they get. But what that man lacks in looks he MUST HAVE in financial ability. That's the trade-off.

On the other hand, a woman generally doesn't have to have much in the way of finances if she's attractive. If she's pretty, she can get just about any man who's willing to pick up the tab, so long as she doesn't give off gold-digger vibes. But that's the trade-off...she MUST HAVE the looks.

Too many people are trying to paint the world in different colors, when it's really as simple as black and white in most cases.

Old 12-13-2022, 09:50 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,715,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecitytx View Post
The issues come into play when you realize that women are FAR more forgiving in the looks arena than men are...especially the older they get
No kidding, men are so unattractive. Biology drives mating, women have the natural drive to find men who can provide, protect, and/or have status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies