Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2022, 07:23 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
Some women are starting to do it. A company I do business with, the bosses daughter is darn near supermodel material. Just graduated law school and she intends to practice law for his business. Anyhow she married a guy who works in a warehouse. Lol now granite this guy is pretty good looking, and has charm and charisma, but he’s not even close to her league. They’re happy though. For now. Lol
There will always be outliers. I remember in college being a temp earning $3.50 an hour in the 1980s. One of my coworkers was one of the most effeminate males I have ever seen, even to this day decades later. Im talking mannerisms like in the film "The Birdcage" My gaydar is going crazy. I thought he had a great personality and we talked. end of the day we are leaving and he says, "Later, my wife is here to pick me up." Hot blonde in a brand new Corvette. YOU NEVER KNOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sholomar View Post
For me the goal would be to simply educate men so they stopped simping.[snip].
Agreed on the simping part. Im embarassed when I see it and Im not the one doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
Are men in a crisis? No. Social media/dating apps/the internet gave women more of a chance at finding an "optimum" "partner" or whatever the hell you want to call it, and you are just going to have to up your game. It's a competition whether we admit it or not, and no one is going to feel too sorry for you if you are on the losing end. Women certainly won't. Society is sort of in a crisis when it comes to marriage though.

In the "dating" game, about 20% of men are doing at least half the ****ing. I'm not the tallest or best looking guy and am not even in top shape anymore, but I do pretty well for myself because I dress well, have charm/humor, and know that you should let them chase you a little. My beard is almost a quarter gray, and I wear that **** with confidence. The biggest things a guy who feels left out of the dating game can do for himself is get into shape, have interests, have some social grace, work towards goals, and don't be a creep or simp. Even some chubby 5 with 2 kids out of wedlock who never went to college probably won't be interested in a bore who doesn't seem like he's going anywhere in life.
Upping the game has 2 parts.

The first part is obvious. Dont be a basement dweller in mom's basement. "Easy" enough.

Upping your game beyond that is not so simple for many.

Sigmas exist BTW. I know one. Ive seen pics of his exes and Im thinking, "How the heck did he....?" His wife is 15 years his junior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
Let me ask you are you the one who is lonely, and left behind is that the reason for this thread? If you are you can change every man on this planet can and has found a woman who is attracted to them. Perfect example Stephen Hawking married twice with 2 kids he cheated on his first wife and married another woman and could only barely move 2 fingers to operate his voice generator.
Outlier in the fame and money department. Donald Trump bagged many women completely out of his league and he sure as heck did not do it on looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
You see it as entitlement. I see it as choices. If you had all the resources at your disposal to comfortably support yourslef would you choose someone who adds to your well being and lifestyle or someone who drains it. Why does that top 10% of men; good looking, confident, wealthy, choose to be with fun, young, very attractive women over plan Jane, a bit overweight, fridged women? Entitlement or because he has choices?

[snip]

You know if fathers would help support their children, mothers would not have to rely on government assistance. The shower is generally between 29 and 35K/year. I bet you would just love to jump in there. Living in the housing project, waiting on your food stamps each month, going to food banks, getting clothes from the church store, seeing your kids dance like monkeys for school supplies. This is why women prefer a man with means or a man who has earning potential and can hold down a job. Yet surprise, many women do not share that 10% guy or else they wouldnt be having to rely on charity and government assistance.

Yet the crisis is mediocre guys cant get any girl they want.
Hey I LOVE thrift stores! Got 3 brand new shirts for 99 cents each. Embroidered with some company logo on one sleeve. Totally worth it and a nice high quality shirt for work.

I would argue that the concentration of female attention on a small minority of males is a societal problem... One without a solution. Life sucks. Life is not fair. One must deal with this reality and live as best you can. Automation is only going to increase the amount of unfair.

I know a high end alpha with Wilt Chamberlain numbers. Though older how, it would have been fun to be him for a month during his prime. Now that I am older, the drama.... No thanks.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:29 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAN_Man View Post
Ummm, men are most definitely having sexual intercourse with women.
Nailed it. The abortion dispute wouldn't even be an issue if that weren't true.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:31 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristinas_Cap View Post
western men have been on the decline for quite some time now. boys are told they can be girls, men are supposed to deny their sexuality because a minority of women are offended by attention.
I would also look into our society's over-consumption of soy, which elevates estrogen levels in everyone including males.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:33 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
When you are used to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

That's what this entire thread boils down to.
That is exactly what it is.
Why is more women attending college than men a crisis? There is nothing stopping them like policy, segregation and laws.

Why is more women getting an education and career moving them up to a higher socioeconomic class shrinking the dating pool for some men a crisis.

Why is not having casual indiscriminate sex with lots of women or monogamous sex with any woman you want a crisis for men.

It no longer a privilege for men it is a more difficult competition where women have the same options and choices as men.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:39 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
I'm not sure it's a "crisis", maybe for some it might feel that way. I don't know. A change, for sure. Is it a negative or a positive, I don't know.
On Adam Corolla's podcast this morning, he had a bit of a monologue that I think fits this topic.

https://youtu.be/h_VMPgzAtJ4?t=35

Years ago, he also wrote a book "In Fifty Years We'll All Be Chicks . . . And Other Complaints from an Angry Middle-Aged White Guy" which kind of predicts things. I haven't read it, but I might check it out.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...nts-from-an-an

Old 09-23-2022, 07:45 AM

13,238 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Outlier in the fame and money department. Donald Trump bagged many women completely out of his league and he sure as heck did not do it on looks.

Trump is a good example of a man using his wealth to get what he wanted most guys are not Trump certainly not the OP or anyone posting on this forum crying they can't attract a woman. I'm not saying every man will be able to attract supermodels or even strippers. I have seen good number of men who have neither money, or looks get some decent woman.

Men who are confident in themselves project a positive attitude will attract the ones who project negatively will send woman away. Simple smile on a face that alone can get the attention of a woman. There always be a subset of men who don't understand how to attract a woman, and end up being single rest of their lives.

I'm sure these men would rather live in a culture where arranged marriage is still a thing they blame western culture for their failures. They fail to understand the problem within themselves is the issue not woman.

Old 09-23-2022, 07:46 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times
You have the Woke mob that is controlling government, corporations, education and the media on full demonization and assault of white males and that is causing a crisis and anger. You also have many young males that have just dropped out of society and spend their lives in video games and don't chase and date women and seem to have little ambition.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:15 AM

29,444 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You have the Woke mob that is controlling government, corporations, education and the media on full demonization and assault of white males and that is causing a crisis and anger. You also have many young males that have just dropped out of society and spend their lives in video games and don't chase and date women and seem to have little ambition.
While I agree with what you've said, a lot of it depends on parenting. We have a "kid", that is in our circle of friends. We are all in our 50's and he is now 23. He started hanging out with us when he was 19. He was a "painters helper" to one of the group and we brought him on a snowmobile trip and he just was a good fit. '

He pretty much ignored much of the trends of today's youth. He started a landscaping business, while working for my buddy and was also attending college. When he wasn't working or in school, he was up north (MI) riding ATV's , fishing, boating (he would borrow his parents boat), and in the winter snowmobiling.

Now he is an apprentice in the IBEW and plans on making that his career. The kid is going to be successful in life. He's told us it was tough in HS, and college because he pretty much had to keep his mouth shut, since he disagreed with most of his peers and didn't like the path they were on. So, he focused on himself, and his future. He does have a strong family bond, though, and they are a big part of his life. That seems to be key.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:19 AM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post

Hey I LOVE thrift stores! Got 3 brand new shirts for 99 cents each. Embroidered with some company logo on one sleeve. Totally worth it and a nice high quality shirt for work.

I would argue that the concentration of female attention on a small minority of males is a societal problem... One without a solution. Life sucks. Life is not fair. One must deal with this reality and live as best you can. Automation is only going to increase the amount of unfair.

I know a high end alpha with Wilt Chamberlain numbers. Though older how, it would have been fun to be him for a month during his prime. Now that I am older, the drama.... No thanks.
Well who dosent love a bargain or browsing a thrift store for some treasure. What if that was your only option to cloth your family?

Then argue it. Show me where concentration of women's attention are on a small minority of males. Statistically there are ~67.54 million men and 68.33 million women between the ages of 20 and 65 in the US and ~61.45 million married couples (2021). Where are these hordes of males not getting any attention from women? I do see the national, state and local news, browse the internet, etc. and I have yet to see any mention of said hordes of men and societal problem.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:54 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,926,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
That is exactly what it is.
Why is more women attending college than men a crisis? There is nothing stopping them like policy, segregation and laws.

Why is more women getting an education and career moving them up to a higher socioeconomic class shrinking the dating pool for some men a crisis.

Why is not having casual indiscriminate sex with lots of women or monogamous sex with any woman you want a crisis for men.

It no longer a privilege for men it is a more difficult competition where women have the same options and choices as men.
I agree with everything above. I can't believe the men who complain that they're not getting any, while they continuously swipe left past any girl that is not thin and beautiful.

But there is one aspect that has always troubled me: Successful, educated men often marry women who are less educated or don't have professional careers. Women, as has been pointed out on this thread, don't want to marry below their "socioeconomic" status. I know a couple of guys who stay home with the kids while their wives bring home the bacon, but that is still quite rare. Why is that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies