Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2022, 09:57 AM

19,793 posts, read 18,085,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
It certainly happened, but it was largely a relatively recent phenomenon(IE after the advent of agriculture), as tribes/groups became increasingly hierarchical and unequal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beCAQafATPg

It doesn't disprove that women were generally considered more valuable. Plus there were a lot of relatively isolated tribes(especially on islands). But I agree with you. I was just using an extreme to illustrate a principle.

I'm sure early club carrying cave-people were all about equality and magnanimity. I hear one Neanderthal community created the first E.R.A.

Old 10-06-2022, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKTwet View Post
Another quote from Jordan Peterson: Instead of chasing after women on dating apps, work on making the best version of yourself.

There's absolutely no shortage of beautiful women, I've dated many the last few years. I just hope to find enough time to date more. Beautiful women look for success and they can smell a man that knows how to carry himself whether it's online or in real life.

Men are struggling today because women are having success and that leads to marginalizing men. If a woman makes the same amount of salary as you, it's unlikely you would date you when her prize of being an American woman is to date upwards.

That's one way of winning. Many successful men like Donald Trump find foreign women to be a good alternative to local women. I just don't understand why so many men chase only after local women of certain types.
Scatter-shooting (and sorry for the partial re-hash):

1. A psychologist buddy says men and women who don't know each other well or at all tend to be more attracted to those from far away more than similar looking people from close by...........less sociological baggage, more or less no chance of interbreeding and greater genetic diversity potentials are likely players.

2. I'd say some men men are marginalized not all, most or even a strong plurality, just some and they tend to be young.

3. My daughter is 6'2" very attractive, a medical student tracking towards one of the more highly sought after fields....derm, ortho surgery, plastics something like that. Her list of wants is a guy who is at least 6'4" - good looking - athletic, makes roughly as much or more money than she will etc. etc. and all of her medical school buddies save one have similar lists other than the 6'4" thing. The exception is married to her HS sweetheart who is a welder and the guy has bent over backwards to pay for her schooling. The net, net, net of all this is very, very few men have any chance with these women. My wife keeps telling our daughter that she runs the risk of being a well paid modern era spinster if she's not careful.

4. IMO we should recenter the conversion towards specificity. A majority of American men are fine, do well and will continue to do well A subset of men, nearly all millennials and Zoomers have field to launch and are in about as bad shape as any group in recent US history.

Old 10-06-2022, 01:41 PM

3,206 posts, read 1,668,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Scatter-shooting (and sorry for the partial re-hash):

1. A psychologist buddy says men and women who don't know each other well or at all tend to be more attracted to those from far away more than similar looking people from close by...........less sociological baggage, more or less no chance of interbreeding and greater genetic diversity potentials are likely players.

2. I'd say some men men are marginalized not all, most or even a strong plurality, just some and they tend to be young.

3. My daughter is 6'2" very attractive, a medical student tracking towards one of the more highly sought after fields....derm, ortho surgery, plastics something like that. Her list of wants is a guy who is at least 6'4" - good looking - athletic, makes roughly as much or more money than she will etc. etc. and all of her medical school buddies save one have similar lists other than the 6'4" thing. The exception is married to her HS sweetheart who is a welder and the guy has bent over backwards to pay for her schooling. The net, net, net of all this is very, very few men have any chance with these women. My wife keeps telling our daughter that she runs the risk of being a well paid modern era spinster if she's not careful.

4. IMO we should recenter the conversion towards specificity. A majority of American men are fine, do well and will continue to do well A subset of men, nearly all millennials and Zoomers have field to launch and are in about as bad shape as any group in recent US history.
We can agree that there's no one size fit all solution, but generally speaking females are prized to look for men who have more successful traits whether it be physical attributes or influence. Very few women settle for less especially after marriage they realize they could've bargained more. So many won't marry until they hit the jackpot or Mr. Right. Which means less marriages.

Old 10-06-2022, 03:02 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
I'm sure early club carrying cave-people were all about equality and magnanimity. I hear one Neanderthal community created the first E.R.A.
Do you know much about human evolution? Do you know what prosocial emotions are? Do you know why humans tend to root for the underdog? Do you know what caused the differences between Chimps and Bonobos?

Old 10-06-2022, 03:05 PM

5,059 posts, read 7,501,278 times
Quote:
That's true but it's not like women only finds the most successful. Most women are short-sighted, they look for successful men that are the closest to their surroundings. Such as their workplaces and even grocery stores.
I dated a woman I bumped into and I gave her some information that piqued her interests and right away we started a conversation that opened her mind. She sees validity in my intelligence so she was opened to dating me. Spend time educating yourself and work on polishing yourself.
Yeah, its not rocket science really, - attracting females was certainly never anything I had problems with, finding a good one to marry was more the problem.

Old 10-06-2022, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Do you know much about human evolution? Do you know what prosocial emotions are? Do you know why humans tend to root for the underdog? Do you know what caused the differences between Chimps and Bonobos?
Given our past conversations I'd wager I know more about most everything than you do.

Old 10-06-2022, 05:37 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Given our past conversations I'd wager I know more about most everything than you do.
Humans lived in near perfect equality(at least among tribe-members) until the agricultural revolution. Humans are the most social animal on the planet, and form coalitions for their protection. The two human moral universals are fairness and opposition to harm. Without these values humans CANNOT live together(except under subjugation).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SOQduoLgRw

Inequality came after the agricultural revolution because before agriculture there was essentially no such thing as wealth. Population densities were also extremely low since hunter/gathering alone cannot sustain large populations.

Before agriculture there wasn't much benefit to war. Or at least the cost of war was almost never worth the benefit. There wasn't much to take and neither group had an inherent advantage. After agriculture, raiding your neighbor not only allowed you to steal their food, but also deprive them of the ability to feed themselves. Moreover, agriculture allowed much higher population densities. Which meant agricultural societies had the manpower to conquer and subjugate their smaller and less-organized neighbors.

There was no such thing as a hunter-gatherer empire. Empires cannot exist without civilization.

Lastly, for most of human history we lived in relative abundance. Our limitations weren't so much a lack of resources as the ability to survive, especially after we left Africa and found relatively empty continents.

https://rewild.info/anthropik/noble-or-savage-part-1/

https://rewild.com/anthropik/noble-or-savage-part-2/

Old 10-06-2022, 06:07 PM

211 posts, read 140,337 times
Straight white men are the scum of the Earth. No pity, no programs to help you out. There's a "month" for everyone else except straight white guys. "DEI", "equity", "diversity" = help everyone else beat them. Why if you're a straight white guy, you might just have to actually do stuff for yourself, by yourself.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:03 AM

Quote:
We can agree that there's no one size fit all solution, but generally speaking females are prized to look for men who have more successful traits whether it be physical attributes or influence. Very few women settle for less especially after marriage they realize they could've bargained more. So many won't marry until they hit the jackpot or Mr. Right. Which means less marriages.
I tend to agree.

Old 10-07-2022, 08:37 AM

6,472 posts, read 6,678,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There seems to be a lot of male posters trying to convince us, contrary to actual data and our own life experience, of what women do and what women want for a thread about men's crisis.

I dont think there has been a single male poster who has shared his crisis of being refused college entrance, chronically turned down for job positions, or lacking female attention. Actually, quite the contrary.
I'm not a male, but I will speak for my white male son. He has an MBA from a top school and has been trying, unsuccessfully, to get a new job for over a year. At his last job, a senior executive actually said in a meeting that the company needed to drastically cut the number of white males they hire, to make the company more diverse. So yeah, it happens.

And i know some will say this didn't happen, and I can't prove it, but my son had no reason at all to lie to me when it happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies