Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2022, 03:30 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,427,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Granted, I have not. I am in the US.

In a quick look it seems Australia has a strange equal employment system. It would appear wages are determined by gender. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender...p_in_Australia
No idea what you are referring to in the bolded? You simply cannot pay someone less based on their gender, besides in a capital market if you can get a person to do the same job for cheaper logic says you will get the lower paid person every time.

These gaps usually have very logical reasons, I worked as an accountant specializing in health care sector in my previous life, and can tell you, part the reason for the gap in the Higher paid health care professions, is that women tend more to the security of full time paid employment in the public sector. While men tend more to take the risk buy all the equipment and open private practices.

You have to pay all the profits from a private practice out of the business as wages to themselves under the tax laws that exist here. Their are exceptions of course, but I wont bore you with all that.

Even Uber has a worldwide gender pay gap, the men drive slightly quicker, know the street layouts better and hang around in the job for longer.

The bottom line is that men and women are different, and measurable inequalities will always exist while we are able to make our own decisions.

Last edited by danielsa1775; 10-11-2022 at 04:23 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 03:30 PM

19,364 posts, read 12,014,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCSweettea View Post
I just adopted my lifestyle the way women have made it. They don’t want happily ever after, they don’t want one man to settle down with, the court systems and the entire social structure is completely against men, however, women are giving it up easier and more than ever these days. So I’m having my cake and eating it too. I worked my butt off to make myself one of those 10% guys, that most women find attractive, got my financial situation straightened out, polished up my masculinity, and I am out there Happily taking what they’re giving out. Lol that’s the way the feminist want it? I’ll play right along with it. Unless I happen to stumble upon one that’s real special and seems real loyal? I’ll just keep playing the game that they like to play.
You won't find a woman like that. Not because they aren't out there but they would not be interested in a man with your lifestyle and attitude.

Playing along with leftists is same as fraternizing with them and enabling their plans to destroy traditional relationships and the family. Incels do it too, by simping for empowered girls on Onlyfans or tik tok. No difference, you are both feeding the beast and if you're happy with that then you must be on the same page as the feminists so what's the problem.

Old 10-11-2022, 03:31 PM

3,403 posts, read 4,434,659 times
Quote:
So average people are paring up. You assume they are just settling. And the real issue (crisis) as was guessed early on is that men are not able to get laid by the 10 they think they deserve.
What I said isn't rocket science. It's what you see in the real world. You've either been out of the game too long, are just oblivious to it, or are somehow offended by the reality of things. Everything I've said in this thread, I'm just going by what I see and experience. If you don't like it.... /shrug.

And yes, there are a lot of men who probably want to snag that 10 and they probably have unrealistic expectations for it nowadays due to various forms of conditioning/programming. Same goes for women when it comes to dashing, faithful, high-earner Mr. Charming. When two people who don't have much dating marketplace value pair up, I call that settling. You can call it whatever you want. But if they are happy, that's all that matters.

The only people who've I've seen mostly avoid the pitfalls of modern dating are those who met their spouses in college or shortly after college.

Last edited by TylerJAX; 10-11-2022 at 03:56 PM..

Old 10-11-2022, 04:41 PM

7,559 posts, read 3,233,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
suck it up Buttercup
Same should be said to women whining about a gender pay gap and other "marginalized" groups who don't think they have enough representation in X, Y or Z. White privilege and white "cis" male privilege is a joke. Everyone's got their problems and everyone has to look to themselves to get past them, not demand someone else does it for them.

Old 10-11-2022, 07:48 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,711,461 times
Quote:
Why would your date be on Tiktok for hoards of random strangers to see?
Maybe change your life strategy to live in the here and now and not via Tiktok or Facebook or Instagram, etc. etc. Ditch the social media.
Even grandma is on TikTok. Come on 2mares. You know the world has changed. Remember the campaign to get teen drivers to stop texting. Now as I drive to work EVERYONE is driving and texting, facebooking, browsing and tiktoking. I saw a 70+ year old lady texting with one hand and steering with the other TODAY.

Telling a woman to get off social media is darn near impossible at this point.

https://www.uexpress.com/life/dearabby/2022/10/10

Old 10-11-2022, 10:11 PM

14,863 posts, read 8,139,691 times
Quote:
There is soooooo much wrong with this I'm not sure where to begin. One thing for sure is you are living or at least basing your thoughts on some non existent fantasy. The points you made are some futuristic made up senario, no where close to historically or scientifically correct or not relevant to todays society.

Speaking of China, destroying so many females did not cause China to collapse nor populations to decrease.
1) Name anything I said that was incorrect.

2) China's gender-imbalance is creating a lot of problems for China. And the gender-imbalance isn't even severe(about 9 females for every 10 males). Not only is the imbalance worsening China's demographic problems, but it is creating a lot of angry surplus men.

If you don't see a major problem, you're blind.

Old 10-11-2022, 10:35 PM

14,863 posts, read 8,139,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
I think men have the same value proposition they always did, the same "nobody GAFF about you unless you provide some value" general view from society at large, and that general indifference about our condition that has been the burden of men since the beginning of time.

It's not new. More women in college and the workforce didn't change it. Feminism didn't change it. Social media didn't change it. All the modern world did was turn everyone EXCEPT men into victims, and now some men want to have a seat at the victim table because they feel left out. Those select "men" might be in crisis, but the average man of 2022 has it roughly the same as the average man of 2022 BC. Nobody cares how you feel, suck it up Buttercup, go earn your keep, tears are only authorized on the gold medal podium and at your mom's/dog's funeral, etc.

If you can't find a date, your problem is in the mirror. Nobody will help you fix it, you're on your own. If you can't find a job, a career, or anything else as a grown man, same rule applies - nobody cares, fix it yourself. A pattern emerges...nobody cares about grown men, fix it yourself.
I agree with your baseline supposition, but I don't agree that things have always been as bad as they are now. The extent to which the opinions of men are valued, is the extent to which men are valuable. As well as the danger that dispossessed men pose to "society"(IE government). There are certainly times and places where men were comparatively more valuable than they are today.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:32 AM

35,910 posts, read 30,461,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsa1775 View Post
No idea what you are referring to in the bolded? You simply cannot pay someone less based on their gender, besides in a capital market if you can get a person to do the same job for cheaper logic says you will get the lower paid person every time.

These gaps usually have very logical reasons, I worked as an accountant specializing in health care sector in my previous life, and can tell you, part the reason for the gap in the Higher paid health care professions, is that women tend more to the security of full time paid employment in the public sector. While men tend more to take the risk buy all the equipment and open private practices.

You have to pay all the profits from a private practice out of the business as wages to themselves under the tax laws that exist here. Their are exceptions of course, but I wont bore you with all that.

Even Uber has a worldwide gender pay gap, the men drive slightly quicker, know the street layouts better and hang around in the job for longer.

The bottom line is that men and women are different, and measurable inequalities will always exist while we are able to make our own decisions.
I'm going by the information in the link. I'd be happy to read legitimate information to the contrary if you have links.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
What I said isn't rocket science. It's what you see in the real world. You've either been out of the game too long, are just oblivious to it, or are somehow offended by the reality of things. Everything I've said in this thread, I'm just going by what I see and experience. If you don't like it.... /shrug.

And yes, there are a lot of men who probably want to snag that 10 and they probably have unrealistic expectations for it nowadays due to various forms of conditioning/programming. Same goes for women when it comes to dashing, faithful, high-earner Mr. Charming. When two people who don't have much dating marketplace value pair up, I call that settling. You can call it whatever you want. But if they are happy, that's all that matters.

The only people who've I've seen mostly avoid the pitfalls of modern dating are those who met their spouses in college or shortly after college.
What I see in the real world is people generally of the same socioeconomic circles dating one another, some eventually marry or enter long term committed relationships. Not ending up with someone on a higher socioeconomic scale dose not equate to settling.
People have their own personal wants when it comes to relationships. Some want to remain single, some want to settle down. There is no one size fits all.

Old 10-12-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Even grandma is on TikTok. Come on 2mares. You know the world has changed. Remember the campaign to get teen drivers to stop texting. Now as I drive to work EVERYONE is driving and texting, facebooking, browsing and tiktoking. I saw a 70+ year old lady texting with one hand and steering with the other TODAY.

Telling a woman to get off social media is darn near impossible at this point.

https://www.uexpress.com/life/dearabby/2022/10/10
So because grandma is on Tiktok you should put your date on Tiktok. I see. You are really controlled by social media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.