Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2022, 11:14 PM

32,062 posts, read 15,058,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
God, family and country. Instead we're identifying as gender and race first and foremost, and being set against each other. God, family and country should come before gender and race.
There are many who don’t believe in an unknown entity which god is. Family should always come first

Old 12-03-2022, 05:39 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,807,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
But that's not what's happening Sir and that's why there is a crisis. My job is WAS to sacrifice for her. Thats the way it was in the good old days . Now sacrificing for her is seen as weak . It doesn't net the same results it did back in the day. Young men are confused as to why it's not working. The women don't want them.
A sigma male wouldn't care 'if it's seen as weak'. That sir... is about feelings. The role of a man is to tell the world to kiss his as* and place his wife above all others. Her role is to accept his sacrifice and devotion without prejudice, in a common law sense. She must also know that effort doesn't always produce the desired outcome, but if the effort is there, she needs to support him and and tell him that. She must be the VERBAL one. If our spouse won't/can't do that, then men aren't to blame. However relationships are like building a bridge and then having to maintain it. Society creates 'troubled waters'. We should be singing this in unison to each other.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G-YQA_bsOU

The crisis is the family. The responsibility is upon the individual. If your doing it wrong, then your wrong and I don't give a crap what century it is, or how society sees it. Do your job. Outcome NOT guaranteed.

Listen... this is important. We teach others how to treat and respond to us. It's not manipulation or anything bad, but it's about communicating WITHOUT words. Telling your wife VERBALLY to submit, might be met with a sledge hammer. Showing her sacrificial love would never be met that way. Now.... it is also true that people take advantage of others, use social constructs to control outcome, something feminists do.... that is absolutely true. however once you make your choice of a mate or a spouse... the deal is done.

Always remember and never forget... Motion produces the emotion.

Last edited by Dave_n_Tenn; 12-03-2022 at 06:08 AM..

Old 12-03-2022, 07:03 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Agreed. But it's not working. We see it weekly on the nightly news. Mass death . Manifestos stating no girlfriend. Its a crisis.
Most of them are mentally ill. They would not have had girlfriends in the past either, they are the guys that lived in the back bedroom (now the basement) who had weird hobbies and helped mom around the house. Now they get riled up by the internet and go on violent sprees. Don't think they would have had normal lives with wives and kids in the past, and if they did things would not have gone well.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Most of them are mentally ill. They would not have had girlfriends in the past either, they are the guys that lived in the back bedroom (now the basement) who had weird hobbies and helped mom around the house. Now they get riled up by the internet and go on violent sprees. Don't think they would have had normal lives with wives and kids in the past, and if they did things would not have gone well.
If you read the statistics on single mother/fatherless homes, ... the conclusion is clear. Families are in crisis. 80% of divorces are initiated by women. https://www.fixfamilycourts.com/sing...me-statistics/
Single mother homes:

63% of all youth suicides,
70% of all teen pregnancies,
71% of all adolescent chemical/substance abusers,
80% of all prison inmates, and
90% of all homeless and runaway children, came from single mother home

Children brought up in single mother homes are:
5 times more likely to commit suicide,
9 times more likely to drop out of high school,
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances,
14 times more likely to commit rape,
20 times more likely to end up in prison,
32 times more likely to run away from home.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:10 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Agreed. But it's not working. We see it weekly on the nightly news. Mass death . Manifestos stating no girlfriend. Its a crisis.
There have always been those that are not right. Evil, crazy, whatever that dont fit in, that kill others, that fit a certain profile. It has not new. The majority of men and women have girlfriends/boyfriends, relationships, etc. and get through life just fine, not perfect but ok.

Old 12-05-2022, 09:14 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
If you read the statistics on single mother/fatherless homes, ... the conclusion is clear. Families are in crisis. 80% of divorces are initiated by women. https://www.fixfamilycourts.com/sing...me-statistics/
Single mother homes:

who files for divorce is not relevant. The 80% failure of the marriage is not initiated by women. Women file when the marriage has already failed.

Actually teen pregnancy has declined.

Yes men in general have certainly dropped the ball when it comes to upholding their responsibility to their children. I agree with that. Many mothers have as well.

Old 12-05-2022, 10:35 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Single mother homes:

I don't disagree that it would be better for kids to grow up in a household with a mother and father who are healthy, decent human beings who love each other and the kids.

Not only the fact of kids not having a father in their lives that's a problem either. Single Moms often end up with outcomes such as:
- Having to hustle and work long hours to pay the bills, as child support is either nonexistent or nowhere near enough to keep the household afloat with her working even normal full time job hours.
- Remarrying and the kids ending up with a stepdad who is also abusive or toxic for them.
- Dating a series of men, any of whom could be bad people to have around her kids.

Concern about all of this, was why I tried to be a "good woman" and not break up my family even though I was struggling to deal with my kids' father for 18 years, why it actually had to hit a rock bottom place where it went from him being just rarely abusive and generally unpleasant...to him being a total nut case terrorizing the household with guns. I held out, not wanting to be those women so accused of being selfish simply because I was "not happy"...and so my kids got to experience the worst, before the end, instead.

Sure, there are bad women out there. Selfish women, stupid women, women who are emotional abusers and bad in relationships. I don't argue that. But I refuse to take citations of statistics like this as some kind of proof that women in general are at fault for these problems, at scale. Because most of what I have seen, are women trying their hardest to make good choices for their kids and families, sacrificing massively in terms of their own happiness, and dealing with absolute bullcrap from men...until they can't anymore. The good ol' days were good for men, they could be aholes, abusers, and alcoholics and still keep the wife and kids even if they amounted to captive punching bags (literally or figuratively.) But they weren't so great for anyone else.

Men love to think that badly behaved men are rare outliers. They. Aren't. Pretty much every man on both sides of my family going back as far as I have any awareness whatsoever was an alcoholic and an abuser. Of course, we don't talk about it. No one has stood up to my father and said to his face that he was an alcoholic and an abuser and he has done great harm to others. Out in the world, he has a respectable face, his coworkers and friends think that he's a good guy. If I told them the very true stories of his behavior at home while I was growing up, they would squirm with discomfort. HIS father, also a drunk, beat his wife and kids and molested every little girl he was ever left alone with including his own two daughters. No one in that family talks about it, but my Mom knew and she told me. Nobody is honest about any of this. A man's behavior at home, how he treats his family, is his own business. Even now when his family can break apart, his wife leaving him, it's politely smoothed over...they just "grew apart"...

Mustn't make a fuss.
Don't want to ruin a man's reputation!

But I really believe that this tendency to not talk about it, makes a ton of men believe that this kind of behavior is rare. Ya'll have been coddled with blissful ignorance, lest you have some kind of a crisis of awareness that men don't have a right to do whatever they want and just get away with it, with zero consequences from anybody. So many guys think that they don't know any men who hit their wives and kids, or who fly into drunk rages, who deliberately swerve their cars into oncoming traffic while laughing at their child's terrified screams and tears, who patrol the house with a loaded AK or fire a handgun into the wall by the wife's head during an argument. Ya'll don't know that this stuff happens. Or hell, even those of you who witnessed abuse, maybe in your own home growing up, think that your household was unusual and everyone else had a happy life... No, they're just hiding it all the same way you did.

Just women out here "initiating divorces." Willy nilly like. Who knows what they're thinking? <Woman tells you why.> Such a mystery. Must have something to do with all that feminism.

At some point we stop caring what you think, those of you who don't want to listen, and just avoid those of you who are determined to keep on thinking it.

Also, if you find yourself thinking, "Women choose bad boys"...don't do that without considering the age of any woman you're thinking of there. The older ones? Yeah, they should have learned something by 40, 50 years of age, for sure. But if you aren't thinking of older women, but rather younger ones, maybe ask yourself if the complaint that "women choose bad boys" could be reframed to, "young people make unwise choices."

Of course, when I talk about these things, I am accused of placing weight on anecdotal evidence, and told that only statistics can be used to talk about what happens in society writ large. But this is why I don't trust statistics. I often say that in the age of the internet, you can find some stats and a graph somewhere to prop up any point you wish to make. But it's more than that, too. Stats don't do a great job at covering the stuff that society has worked really hard to hide and plaster over and lie about for generations. Stories get quietly told, mothers and aunties to grown daughters, but the pollsters aren't asking us adult daughters about the men in our families. There are truths that no one wants to hear.

Plenty of folks are eager to say that women should stand by their men.
But the men need to be worth standing by, too.

I mean hell, there is a man IN THIS FORUM who constantly pops back with tales of woe about a woman in his life, but he's admitted to me privately that he flat out assaulted her. But woe is he, for he is not loved at home. I bite my tongue, so to speak, every time I see him posting...so tempted to blow the lid off, and you know, sometimes I wonder why I don't. He did tell me in a spirit of confidence, privately, but what rights do men have to keep these things secret, to expect others to bear the burden of knowing and helping them look like anything other than what they are, I wonder. It's just this general sense we have in society, that a man's got a right to save face. And so you all keep on doing the dance, pretending that bad men are rare. And if women dare tell the truth, you act like you don't dare even ask a woman out, or work with a woman, or anything for fear of being accused of something. Huh. Is that what it looks like when a bunch of guys' collective guilty conscience hangs out a little? Ya might want to tuck that back in, there.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
who files for divorce is not relevant. The 80% failure of the marriage is not initiated by women. Women file when the marriage has already failed.

Actually teen pregnancy has declined.

Yes men in general have certainly dropped the ball when it comes to upholding their responsibility to their children. I agree with that. Many mothers have as well.
Of course it's relevant. What isn't relevant, according to society, is the reason. That could be further from the truth. We have no fault divorces. Who loses the most and who gains the most in divorce? Men lose the most and yep... it's women who gain the most. It's absolutely relevant. This is not about teen pregnancy.

If couples were equally yoked, accepted their role in marriage regardless of what their spouse did, got to keep only what they bring into a marriage after a divorce, you can bet the ranch women would less likely to divorce their husbands. Guaranteed.

It's the family that's in crisis and the government is enabling that.

Old 12-05-2022, 11:27 AM

20,390 posts, read 14,656,708 times
Quote:
Of course it's relevant. What isn't relevant, according to society, is the reason. That could be further from the truth. We have no fault divorces. Who loses the most and who gains the most in divorce? Men lose the most and yep... it's women who gain the most. It's absolutely relevant. This is not about teen pregnancy.

If couples were equally yoked, accepted their role in marriage regardless of what their spouse did, got to keep only what they bring into a marriage after a divorce, you can bet the ranch women would less likely to divorce their husbands. Guaranteed.

It's the family that's in crisis and the government is enabling that.
I'm a woman, and I took a financial thrashing in my divorce.

And if you believe that men are making all the money and women are talking half of "his" assets in all or even MOST divorces, you need to revisit what modern marriage and divorce really looks like.

There are formulas that determine who is entitled to what. Of course things vary a great deal from one state to another, but there's been a lot of reform to the process. Obviously if there is a ton of money involved, the parties might lawyer up and fight over it, or someone might choose to settle because sometimes, just because you can't be with someone any longer, doesn't mean you want to see them suffer.

We should have no fault divorces. I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it was otherwise. If we didn't, I'd still be trapped with my abuser or more likely my entire family would be dead, because if I had to make a case in court that could possibly put him in legal jeopardy, he would have threatened to kill me. I believe that he would sooner have killed us all and himself, than let me stand up in court and tell the truth about everything he'd done.

It's the same choice that countless women have had to make in this world. My ex has abused every woman he's ever been with and not one of us ever called the cops on him. Three wives, however many girlfriends.

'Cause what's gonna happen? They might take him away for a little while? Oh, we could get restraining orders! Yep, those flimsy pieces of paper against a man who won't shut up about what a highly trained military marksman he is and how "from a place you will never see, will come a sound you will never hear" and all that crap. Do they print restraining orders on bullet proof paper, so that we can wear them as a shield?

Old 12-05-2022, 11:36 AM

5,044 posts, read 2,398,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
I'm a woman, and I took a financial thrashing in my divorce.

And if you believe that men are making all the money and women are talking half of "his" assets in all or even MOST divorces, you need to revisit what modern marriage and divorce really looks like.

There are formulas that determine who is entitled to what. Of course things vary a great deal from one state to another, but there's been a lot of reform to the process. Obviously if there is a ton of money involved, the parties might lawyer up and fight over it, or someone might choose to settle because sometimes, just because you can't be with someone any longer, doesn't mean you want to see them suffer.

We should have no fault divorces. I wouldn't want to be in a situation where it was otherwise. If we didn't, I'd still be trapped with my abuser or more likely my entire family would be dead, because if I had to make a case in court that could possibly put him in legal jeopardy, he would have threatened to kill me. I believe that he would sooner have killed us all and himself, than let me stand up in court and tell the truth about everything he'd done.

It's the same choice that countless women have had to make in this world. My ex has abused every woman he's ever been with and not one of us ever called the cops on him. Three wives, however many girlfriends.

'Cause what's gonna happen? They might take him away for a little while? Oh, we could get restraining orders! Yep, those flimsy pieces of paper against a man who won't shut up about what a highly trained military marksman he is and how "from a place you will never see, will come a sound you will never hear" and all that crap. Do they print restraining orders on bullet proof paper, so that we can wear them as a shield?
Divorce should only be allowed one time same as marriage. You don't live up to your contract you got divorced and nobody takes your oaths seriously ever again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies