Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 11:41 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdawg View Post
why is she worried about it? Pregnancy for her is a moot point anyway.
otfrlmbo!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 12:01 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
yeah, what I said

and you admit these cells are giving off activity that will last 1-100 years and you admit they are heart cells.

even sounds like we are discussing science things.

or are you regressing in a temporal sense the argument that "its not a baby until it pops out, until then it is a malignant tumor"?

since no human intervention is required for this 'baby' to assemble itself it would appear whomever put together this process knew what they were doing (or its random happenstance that just so happens to succeed far more often than it fails, given the historical world population?)

this is 'manufactured' no more than a geiger counter click. just a simple way to detect and express a repeatable event that the human senses cannot fathom.

next yall will tell us that IR or UV remote control signals are manufactured and the TV just guesses what channel you want to watch and at what volume?

(note the above 2 mini paragraphs are ALSO science, why does it not scare or perturb me in any way but it does the left?)
ding ding ding

Old 09-22-2022, 12:04 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
In your analogy though, an acorn is more akin to an egg. Not the same. I would choose another path for your argument.
Yeah, I don't think they teach them that on liberal media outlets, so to them, it will not make sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Another one of Stacey's greatest hits...

When a woman is forced to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term, they're 4x more likely to end up in poverty and 60% less likely to stay employed full-time.

Outlawing abortion perpetuates the cycle of poverty that disproportionately affects Black + Brown women & harms our economy.

https://twitter.com/staceyabrams/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Kill the kids... save the economy.

This would have a good spot here for abstinence and holding off on sex until you can afford to raise a child.
How about "secure the border", as they drop anchor babies to get more public assistance, and their population is growing by leaps and bounds, with more pouring in every day. Maybe their ignorance about illegal immigration and economic immigrants is non-existent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
I disagree. A sprout is like an embryo or early fetus. It has not differentiated into different types of cells or organs yet. Where is the bark in an acorn sprout? Where are the leaves? Where is the pith in an acorn sprout? Where is the cambium layer? Where is the sapwood?

A sprout has not yet developed the various parts of the tree.

Rudimentary cardiac myocytes are not a heart, yet.
An unborn baby is more like a seedling, except it is a human being, and no matter how you try to make that not true, it will forever be true. I guess anyone that has had an abortion will always want to believe it was not a human being that they signed a death warrant for, but that will never change the science.

A seedling has no bark, nor woody parts, but it will become a tree, unless someone and adverse conditions cause it to die, so I guess it would have a couple things in common with a pre-born baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie&Rose View Post
This from a women with no brain
And, "no heart"! They try to make this a woman issue, but the majority of women would not sign a death warrant to extinguish the life of their baby, despite its shortcomings in being fully developed. Trying to say it is "men", is just liberal crap. I am a woman, and I don't think men are trying to force women to carry babies they don't want. I also think if one isn't competent enough to use birth control, and doesn't want to be pregnant, it is time for sterilization. I chose sterilization in my 20s as i did not want to have any more children, and unlike some, I didn't want to wait to see if the child I had might die and need a replacement, or if I divorced and someone else wanted a child, that man could find someone else. I didn't want another child, my decision, and I made a decision that did not end a life.

The majority of women are not cold-hearted like this abortion pushing women. The reality is that those women that have aborted their babies or assisted in aborting babies have to keep pushing the narrative, probably to live with the horrible decision that they made or assisted in fulfilling for some other woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
LOL...and these are the people shouting out "follow the science" ???????
I think they are also shouting "our college education was a waste, we want our money back", and the way they come across, they could be right, as they fall short of being educated.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:07 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Yeah, I don't think they teach them that on liberal media outlets, so to them, it will not make sense.

How about "secure the border", as they drop anchor babies to get more public assistance, and their population is growing by leaps and bounds, with more pouring in every day. Maybe their ignorance about illegal immigration and economic immigrants is non-existent

An unborn baby is more like a seedling, except it is a human being, and no matter how you try to make that not true, it will forever be true. I guess anyone that has had an abortion will always want to believe it was not a human being that they signed a death warrant for, but that will never change the science.

A seedling has no bark, nor woody parts, but it will become a tree, unless someone and adverse conditions cause it to die, so I guess it would have a couple things in common with a pre-born baby.

And, "no heart"! They try to make this a woman issue, but the majority of women would not sign a death warrant to extinguish the life of their baby, despite its shortcomings in being fully developed. Trying to say it is "men", is just liberal crap. I am a woman, and I don't think men are trying to force women to carry babies they don't want. I also think if one isn't competent enough to use birth control, and doesn't want to be pregnant, it is time for sterilization. I chose sterilization in my 20s as i did not want to have any more children, and unlike some, I didn't want to wait to see if the child I had might die and need a replacement, or if I divorced and someone else wanted a child, that man could find someone else. I didn't want another child, my decision, and I made a decision that did not end a life.

The majority of women are not cold-hearted like this abortion pushing women. The reality is that those women that have aborted their babies or assisted in aborting babies have to keep pushing the narrative, probably to live with the horrible decision that they made or assisted in fulfilling for some other woman.

I think they are also shouting "our college education was a waste, we want our money back", and the way they come across, they could be right, as they fall short of being educated.
Every pro abortion argument avoids the use of science. They are based on emotion and misinformed viewpoints of science, biology and human reproduction.

I might post a human reproduction test from a college course. See just how badly the pro abortionists fail.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:11 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,328,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Stacey Abrams: Fetal Heartbeat a ‘Manufactured Sound’ to Outlaw Abortion

“There is no such thing as a heartbeat at six weeks,†she said before a panel. “It is a manufactured sound designed to convince people men have a right to take control of a woman’s body.â€

---------------------------

This is from the Planned Parenthood website describing the 2nd month of pregnancy.

What happens in the second month of pregnancy?

What happens during week 5 - 6?
  • The embryo is less than 1/5 inch (4–5 mm) long.
  • A part of the embryo starts to show cardiac activity. It sounds like a heartbeat on an ultrasound, but it's not a fully-formed heart — it's the earliest stage of the heart developing.
  • Buds for arms and legs develop.
  • The neural tube begins forming. The neural tube will later form the brain, spinal cord, and major nerves.
  • The bud of a tail develops.
  • The umbilical cord begins developing.

Beam me up Scotty...
The far left desperately wants Stacey Abrams to be relevant. She's not.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:13 PM

19,025 posts, read 14,205,095 times
Nothing short of amazement that people can justify destroying a helpless life, just because it is dependent upon them.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:23 PM

14,308 posts, read 11,702,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
How about:

A sprouted acorn is not a tree.

Rudimentary cardiac myocytes are not a heart, yet.
When does an acorn become a tree?

There is so much rigamarole about abortion which is based purely on semantics. It's not a "baby, " it's a "fetus" or an "embryo."

This is just like saying it's not a "tree," it's a "sprouted acorn."

But a sprouted acorn is a very young, living specimen of a Quercus species. A human embryo is a very young, living specimen of Homo sapiens. Their age makes absolutely no difference as to what they are.

Just try destroying the eggs of an endangered bird species, and when you are arrested, justify yourself on the grounds that "They were just fertilized eggs, not birds yet." How far do you think that argument would get you?

Old 09-22-2022, 12:24 PM

20,834 posts, read 17,102,752 times
The lady is insane.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:26 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
In a sane setting she would be laughed off the stage.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:31 PM

6,023 posts, read 2,843,063 times
I find it hilarious that most of you are focusing on the heartbeat aspect of this, rather than her conspiracy theory that the sound is "manufactured".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies