Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2022, 12:36 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I find it hilarious that most of you are focusing on the heartbeat aspect of this, rather than her conspiracy theory that the sound is "manufactured".
Agree. Manufactured certainly has a connotation that there is nothing there at all and all of the doctors, machine manufacturers, and technicians are involved in this huge conspiracy to create some sound out of nothing only to control women. It's definitely one of the crazier things I've heard from a candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2022, 12:43 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,987,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Agree. Manufactured certainly has a connotation that there is nothing there at all and all of the doctors, machine manufacturers, and technicians are involved in this huge conspiracy to create some sound out of nothing only to control women. It's definitely one of the crazier things I've heard from a candidate.
Well, they ARE creating a sound that is not naturally there. I don't believe the sound was created just to help men control women, but it was created nonetheless. And it is not a heartbeat as one would normally define heartbeat. It's more of a vibration. And the heart is not even formed yet and nothing is pumping. But so what? Why is that relevant in any way? Men tend to know so little about women's bodies and reproduction. Why focus on a little vibration as if they're suddenly experts in reproduction?

Old 09-22-2022, 12:46 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
Well, they ARE creating a sound that is not naturally there. I don't believe the sound was created just to help men control women, but it was created nonetheless. And it is not a heartbeat as one would normally define heartbeat. It's more of a vibration. And the heart is not even formed yet and nothing is pumping. But so what? Why is that relevant in any way? Men tend to know so little about women's bodies and reproduction. Why focus on a little vibration as if they're suddenly experts in reproduction?
I think at issue is the word manufactured. That has a negative connotation and purposely so; it lends a conspiracy theory angle to the early ultrasound audio. Isn't she an author by trade? Words matter.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:46 PM

10,842 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Another poster used the term "Rudimentary cardiac myocytes" so I learned something today. I would have called them heart cells.

No need for insults.

im not insulting you, Im pointing out repeatedly that you chose to champion the stance of one stacy abrams and you both used claims that are just not true. there is not one piece of 'scientific' evidence uttered by myself or anyone else that is not correct.

it is, by all accounts a heartbeat, regardless of its developmental stage

Old 09-22-2022, 12:49 PM

10,842 posts, read 4,525,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
In a sane setting she would be laughed off the stage.

sir, in a sane situation there would not have been a #$@# stage in the first place. They would be too busy handing out fries.

Old 09-22-2022, 12:54 PM

6,016 posts, read 2,840,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
It's more of a vibration. And the heart is not even formed yet and nothing is pumping.
If nothing has formed, nor is pumping, then what is vibrating?

Old 09-22-2022, 01:00 PM

3,327 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Typical leftist.

Anything that goes against what they WANT things to be, what they IMAGINE things could be, is a conspiracy by their enemies. No evidence of this is needed (and is never provided). It just IS.
BeLIeve ALL WyMynS!

As a poster said above, at this point democrats are just trolling. Or "speaking truth to power" as they love to stampy foot shout.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:04 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saibot View Post
When does an acorn become a tree?

There is so much rigamarole about abortion which is based purely on semantics. It's not a "baby, " it's a "fetus" or an "embryo."

This is just like saying it's not a "tree," it's a "sprouted acorn."

But a sprouted acorn is a very young, living specimen of a Quercus species. A human embryo is a very young, living specimen of Homo sapiens. Their age makes absolutely no difference as to what they are.

Just try destroying the eggs of an endangered bird species, and when you are arrested, justify yourself on the grounds that "They were just fertilized eggs, not birds yet." How far do you think that argument would get you?
The topic was about a heartbeat at 6 weeks. There is no heart at six weeks.

Old 09-22-2022, 01:07 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,952,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
im not insulting you, Im pointing out repeatedly that you chose to champion the stance of one stacy abrams and you both used claims that are just not true. there is not one piece of 'scientific' evidence uttered by myself or anyone else that is not correct.

it is, by all accounts a heartbeat, regardless of its developmental stage
Is there a heart at 6 weeks?

Old 09-22-2022, 01:08 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,940,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The topic was about a heartbeat at 6 weeks. There is no heart at six weeks.
“There is no such thing as a heartbeat [part 1] at six weeks, [part 2]” she said before a panel. “It is a manufactured sound [part 3] designed to convince people men have a right to take control of a woman’s body [part 4].”

There are 4 parts to that statement.

I'd like to hear an explanation as to how a sound allows men to control women's bodies.

[grabs popcorn]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies