Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 10:31 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,539,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
It's adult bar/sex culture being peddled to kids. If these people have such a passion for reading to little kids, jeans and t shirt works. They aren't interested in child literacy....

But you knew that.
Why do you believe this

I went to a pride event this summer on a beach front park and it was literally just face painting , side walk chalk writing ,snow cones, Starbucks iced coffees and a fashion show that simply considered of people with rainbow colored clothing .

Y'all think of gay people in the context of sex because that is all your mind has ever allowed you to see them as.

Old 09-23-2022, 10:39 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,775,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
For all the posters here saying "Children do no need to be exposed to anything remotely sexual", "It's adult bar/sex culture being peddled to kids", "Mental illnesses should not be pushed as normal behavior to children."

If you feel that way, then don't send your kids to Drag Queen story time. It's that simple. I haven't heard of kids being forced to attend.

I agree, but it is not quite that simple.

When it is held at public libraries, that brings it under the umbrella of state-sponsorship. My tax dollars should not be involved in something like that.

Should we allow Confederate story time at libraries replete with someone dressed like Robert E Lee? I would not stop throwing up, but I imagine some would love it.

We are talking about something that is lifestyle choice/activity amongst a minute number of men. Just when did they become the newest oppressed class?

If you want to host it in your home and people choose to attend, then I ... could ... possibly ... care ... less.

Old 09-23-2022, 11:00 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Hitting anyone is assault, and there's a good probability you'll go to jail if you do. Also, bear in mind that a lot of us 'trannies' are armed.
A wise policy especially in certain areas or around certain types of individuals.

I know the national stereotype is some rednecks with pickups but curious what sort of information about what to watch out for goes around the trans community (and gay community) by word of mouth.

I ask because I've repeatedly seen posts on forums etc. asking stuff like "Is is it safe to be gay and drive across Kansas?" etc. and always found it to be some pretty big mythology.

Then again, I've heard a lot of urbanites express fears of rural america like they're going to get grabbed up like in Pulp Fiction or Deliverance so maybe it's more that.

Old 09-23-2022, 11:12 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why do you believe this

I went to a pride event this summer on a beach front park and it was literally just face painting , side walk chalk writing ,snow cones, Starbucks iced coffees and a fashion show that simply considered of people with rainbow colored clothing .

Y'all think of gay people in the context of sex because that is all your mind has ever allowed you to see them as.
If everyone is being honest it ranges from what you described to pride parades and events that are indeed not child appropriate. (I've seen both kinds)

I think we can agree which one is going to get more attention from the media.

I'd attach some pics from on-line but would rather not get infracted lol.
(The guy with dozens of dildos attached to his costume is pretty classic)

Old 09-23-2022, 11:28 AM

29,482 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
If everyone is being honest it ranges from what you described to pride parades and events that are indeed not child appropriate. (I've seen both kinds)

I think we can agree which one is going to get more attention from the media.

I'd attach some pics from on-line but would rather not get infracted lol.
(The guy with dozens of dildos attached to his costume is pretty classic)
While I kind of agree with the poster you replied to, the image you brought up came to mind. And, why is it, that at pride parades, you tend to see a lot of this ? To answer that poster, maybe that is why some people focus on the sex part of it.

I've been around a couple of pride parades, they coincided with a "gallery hop" event. And while there were a lot of just normal people, some gay some not, there were also a lot of the over the top, highly sexualized individuals, what I call caricatures of what they think being gay is all about. Unfortunately those are the types of people that stick out, and are the focus of the media and those that might oppose gay people.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:52 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Why do you believe this

This is not a thread about pride events. Your comments have nothing to do with the thread topic.

Old 09-23-2022, 12:59 PM

8,943 posts, read 2,964,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
Politicians who discriminate against pride and LGBTQ such as DeSantis in Florida want to ban Drag Queen story time events and to ban all discussion on gender identity for all kids when it directly affects them, regardless of parental consent. A parental rights bill without parent approval doesn’t sound too good to me.

Drag Queens such as the ones who compete in Ru Paul’s Drag Race like Ginger Minj …they’re cute and fun events with really kind family gatherings in bookstores with sweet trans people who share their love for humanity and can especially relate to kids who struggle with gender identity and gender dysphoria
Parents with kids should not be banned from Ginger Minj reading “where is Waldo” to 6 yo kids in a St Pete bookstore on a Sunday afternoon in a free country any more than banning Mickey Mouse from shaking hands with children in Cinderella’s Castle.

Rightwing fearmongering groups are blaming conspiracy theories on investing LGBTQ as like some underlining massive Paedo-involved master plan indoctrinating kids to a degrading Marxist community anti-family secret master plan through The schools and DeSantis gives them no reason to think otherwise, like why else do we need to ban all discussion of gender identity in schools if not to discriminate directly on sexual orientation. Like should we also pass a law making it illegal to discuss what Christmas celebrates because potentially a Santa Claus could be a paedo behind the red hat?

This fear of Drag Queen events causing mobs of homophobic to threaten violence outside these bookstores is less friendly and less wholesome to our children than allowing them to be tolerant to drag queen fandom.

Let the children have fun at Drag Queen Story Time and lets embrace LGBTQ in America. I don’t understand why Cons are against this.
Gross. I hope you're not around kids much.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:11 PM

19,024 posts, read 14,201,797 times
Perhaps perversion doesn't realize how perverse it is?

PERVERSE - Contrary to what is right or good; wicked or depraved.
DEPRAVED - morally bad or debased; corrupt.
DEBASE - To lower in character, quality, or value.
CORRUPT - Marked by immorality and perversion.
IMMORAL - Contrary to established moral principles.

MORAL PRINCIPLES LIKE:
CHASTE - Not involving or suggestive of sexual desire or indecency.
INDECENT - Offensive to accepted standards of decency or modesty; lewd or vulgar.
LEWD - Preoccupied with sex and sexual desire; lustful.

BINGO ... we have a winner. All these perversions are preoccupied with sex and want to "groom" the next generation to satiate their appetites. They seek to flaunt their immodesty and indecency. They truly are wicked and depraved.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:12 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,126,254 times
Quote:
In a free country, why can’t there be Drag Queen story time fun for kids all ages sponsored by Pride LGBTQ?

Exposing "kids" to this type of morbid behavior is "Grooming" them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies