Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 06:08 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times

Advertisements

“Don't believe your own eyes and ears folks, it was a joke” -someone who is wrong about everything
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 06:10 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
I was using your words, not mine.

Like I said, Nessel made a joke...you're the one desperate to spin it.

Liberals get it. Conservatives get it

But it totally flies over the heads of MAGAs.
Not spinning, anything. She said what she said.

Your knickers are in a twist over it. So keep on twisting.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:13 AM

29,492 posts, read 14,656,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
What's wrong with Michigan? How do people like this nut and Whitmer get elected there?
In a nutshell, Detroit, Saginaw, Flint, Lansing, Marquette, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, etc...and don't forget, we are a big union state.

Here are the political demographics, per city , of the 2016 election.
Attached Thumbnails
Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel calling for “a drag queen in every school.”-2016.jpg  

Old 09-23-2022, 06:14 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
In a nutshell, Detroit, Saginaw, Flint, Lansing, Marquette, Grand Rapids, Traverse City, etc...and don't forget, we are a big union state.

The only hope-Flint and Detroit have lost a lot of population in the last 3 decades. Maybe the sane people in the state will become a majority someday.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:15 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paracord View Post
What's wrong with Michigan? How do people like this nut and Whitmer get elected there?
Minorities. Its why the left runs an open border scheme.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:17 AM

1,353 posts, read 789,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post

So Detroit is a BIG problem. That is why so many scandals happen there during 2020 election.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
The only hope-Flint and Detroit have lost a lot of population in the last 3 decades. Maybe the sane people in the state will become a majority someday.
Not that I am defending Democrats in any way, and will definitely be voting R in the upcoming elections, our state actually works pretty good. I don't like Whitmer, but looking at other Blue states like CA, IL, OR, WA and NY, things are pretty good. We don't have to deal with the insanity that those states are. Our Democratic leaders, with the exception of a few, extreme left.

We are going to end up with Whitmer again, due to our cities and her deep pockets, and I can live with that, I'd much rather see some seats flipped to R.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple47 View Post
So Detroit is a BIG problem. That is why so many scandals happen there during 2020 election.
Detroit has a long history of election issues.

"In Detroit, problems plague election vote-counting for more than 15 years"

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...rs/5694743002/

Old 09-23-2022, 06:37 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Waltz View Post
From "a chicken in every pot" to "a drag queen in every school". Our best days are definitely behind us.
USA public schools are some of the worst-scoring in the western world - and leftists think drag queens are the solution.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:58 AM

8,418 posts, read 7,417,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Not spinning, anything. She said what she said.

Your knickers are in a twist over it. So keep on twisting.
What she said...

https://soundcloud.com/detroitnews/nessel0615

Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel, speaking at a summit hosted by the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, in June 2022:

Quote:
I don't know what's going on in our country, I don't know what's going on in our state. And, you know, to echo some of the words of Senator Jeremey Moss, if anyone caught him, in yet another one of his tirades against discrimination in the state senate, I am so tired of having prominent members of our state government create wedge issues that don't help us, that don't heal us, but divide us, and that's all they do.

Let me say this: Critical Race Theory is something that I've heard of before, just recently. And I can tell you, as having two kids who went all the way through the public school system, K through 12, they never heard of it either!

Know what's not a problem for kids who are seeking a good education? Drag queens! OK, let me say this. Drag queens - not only are they not hurting our kids, drag queens make everything better! Drag queens are fun! Drag queens are en-ter-tain-ment! You know what I'll say that's totally not poll tested? I say this: a drag queen for every school! That is what would be fine for kids, and lift them up when they're having emotional issues.

But I am just so sick and tired of having marginalized minority members of our community and our state being used as target practice instead of us coming together and understanding that we need to take all communities in our state and lift them up and not tear them down and if we really want to do things like to improve education for not just some kids, but all kids. If we want to improve health care, for not just some people in our state, but all people. If we want to make sure we have affordable housing for everyone in our state, and clean air, and clean water, the way to do it is not by harrowing, already hurting our minority communities. It doesn't help anyone. And all it does is divide us. And it makes us a worse state and it makes us a worse country. And nobody needs that.

So, let me say this to you all. How about we all start working on issues that really impact people, together, instead of trying to create and fabricate fake issues that not actually a thing, that only divide us and help absolutely no one. Can we maybe do that?
There was a little more, but Nessel's Northern City Vowel Shift accent is hard for me to understand, and there was applause over her trying to finish up her speech towards the end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies