Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 08:19 AM

6,012 posts, read 2,836,906 times

Advertisements

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mcc...-womens-sports

My two important issues, inflation and the border, are addressed in the Republican's new version of the 1994 'Contract with America'. They have my vote!

From the article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
The GOP leader said the plan is about addressing the "challenges" facing everyday Americans.

"We wanted to do a plan for a new direction. We want to be upfront with the American public. We want an election to have a contrast. If they put their trust in us, this is exactly what we'll do. Hold our feet to the fire. And on the very first day, we're going to repeal 87,000 IRS agents. So they're not going after you. We work for you. You don't work for us," said McCarthy.

"Over the over the past two years, Democrats in Washington have led America off-track," the preamble to McCarthy's document reads. "They created crisis after crisis: from crippling inflation and rampant crime, to failing schools, border chaos, and disrespect for our nation across the globe."

"The Commitment to America represents a new direction and better approach that will get our nation back on track," it adds.

On inflation, the agenda said Republicans will "Curb wasteful government spending that is raising the price of groceries, gas, cars, and housing, and growing our national debt."

On safety, it says the GOP will fund border security, fund police, "crack down" on leftist prosecutors and establish a "Select Committee on China."

The agenda also promises to "Advance a Parents' Bill of Rights," ensure "only women can compete in women's sports," ban proxy voting in Congress, increase government oversight and boost domestic energy.
I find the Democratic Party's response to this to be hilarious!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox News
Democrats on Friday already started their attacks on McCarthy's plan and called it an "extreme MAGA agenda."

"House Republicans are doubling down on an extreme MAGA agenda: to criminalize women’s health care, to slash seniors’ Medicare (including with the repeal of the lower drug prices for seniors in the Inflation Reduction Act), and to attack our democracy," according to a press release from House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif.
Apparently, lowering inflation and securing the border is "an extreme MAGA agenda". No, Speaker Pelosi, it is an American agenda, as every American, Republican, Democrat, and Independent, is suffering from inflation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 08:22 AM

7,347 posts, read 3,520,483 times
if they blow it they are done.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:25 AM

9,434 posts, read 4,250,153 times
Anywhere I can actually read “the plan”.?

Old 09-23-2022, 08:29 AM

6,012 posts, read 2,836,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
Anywhere I can actually read “the plan”.?
I have been looking around for it and cannot find it. It appears Mr. McCarthy revealed these details on a 'Fox and Friends' interview, this morning. The official unveiling is happening this afternoon, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
I have been looking around for it and cannot find it. It appears Mr. McCarthy revealed these details on a 'Fox and Friends' interview, this morning. The official unveiling is happening this afternoon, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
As they say.
The devil is in the details.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:53 AM

6,795 posts, read 9,340,858 times
Looking forward to perspective from “townies” who act concerned about the Republican Party “not having a platform” as if they are open-minded toward considering voting for a Republican, when really they are hardcore Democrats who would never vote for a Republican anyway.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
Looking forward to perspective from “townies” who act concerned about the Republican Party “not having a platform” as if they are open-minded toward considering voting for a Republican, when really they are hardcore Democrats who would never vote for a Republican anyway.
I want to read it for myself.
Why is that a bad thing?
The Republican Party runs the gamut. Let’s see what the proposal includes. And I want details, not just inflammatory statements.

Old 09-23-2022, 08:59 AM

6,795 posts, read 9,340,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodyum View Post
I want to read it for myself.
Why is that a bad thing?
The Republican Party runs the gamut. Let’s see what the proposal includes. And I want details, not just inflammatory statements.
It’s not a bad thing. However, I’ve noticed that “townies” on this forum tend to feign concern about the “lack of a platform” for the Republican Party, yet would never consider voting for a Republican anyway. So I’m looking forward to hearing some thoughts from the “townie” contingent on this forum.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyxjon View Post
It’s not a bad thing. However, I’ve noticed that “townies” on this forum tend to feign concern about the “lack of a platform” for the Republican Party, yet would never consider voting for a Republican anyway. So I’m looking forward to hearing some thoughts from the “townie” contingent on this forum.
Happy to share my thoughts once I actually read and digest it.
I have really been unhappy with the legislation currently being proposed by the republicans. The Lindsey graham abortion legislation is not what I would ever want to see enacted. But that’s me.

Old 09-23-2022, 09:03 AM

8,752 posts, read 5,046,098 times
ANYTHING is better then what we have now. The Republicans are going to be a lot tougher on crime...thats for sure. They have my vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies