Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 06:04 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Not sure where you live, but illegals charge $20-$25 hour here for landscaping and housecleaning.
But they avoid taxes by being paid in cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 06:09 AM

7,919 posts, read 3,462,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Not sure where you live, but illegals charge $20-$25 hour here for landscaping and housecleaning.
His point went right over your head.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:38 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,663,180 times
The illegals entered this country illegally, they broke the law yet our current administration, as usual, throws benefits and money at them, without ever solving the problem. Democrats are buying illegals votes, so they can stay in power, because they are the elite, only interested in getting rich off the American people and creating more family dynasties.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:47 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But they avoid taxes by being paid in cash.
And so did their employers.

The state of Texas finally figured out the cost to the state in dollars lost due to illegal employees.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:53 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
And so did their employers.

The state of Texas finally figured out the cost to the state in dollars lost due to illegal employees.
I have always said that the employers and the illegals are equally guilty of breaking the law. The latter only benefit the greedy employers while the rest of us get the shaft. The border states know it and are taking a stance against it.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:08 AM

23,973 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have always said that the employers and the illegals are equally guilty of breaking the law. The latter only benefit the greedy employers while the rest of us get the shaft. The border states know it and are taking a stance against it.
Today my disgust in the inability of anybody to stop the mass invasion is overwhelming.

Old school liberal that I am would be voting for Trump over Biden.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:16 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
If you really care, stop electing Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush and all the war mongers who keep our troops away from home while being policemen of the world. Everyone who voted for them is part of the problem.

The cause of the problem is the people who vote in the war mongers who keep us involved in never ending, undeclared, unConstitutional wars.

It's all bs lip service. Who in their right mind supports the troops by having them illegally invade and occupy sovereign nations? Protect our borders and not other nations borders. The Constitution and the rights of the individual still matter to a few of us.

Old 09-25-2022, 08:08 AM

15,087 posts, read 8,631,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
If you really care, stop electing Biden, Trump, Obama, Bush and all the war mongers who keep our troops away from home while being policemen of the world. Everyone who voted for them is part of the problem.

The cause of the problem is the people who vote in the war mongers who keep us involved in never ending, undeclared, unConstitutional wars.

It's all bs lip service. Who in their right mind supports the troops by having them illegally invade and occupy sovereign nations? Protect our borders and not other nations borders. The Constitution and the rights of the individual still matter to a few of us.
Whatever opinion you may have of him notwithstanding, Trump is the only president in your life time that did not commit US military forces to a new conflict. The ONLY ONE.

Old 09-25-2022, 06:47 PM

78,397 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Whatever opinion you may have of him notwithstanding, Trump is the only president in your life time that did not commit US military forces to a new conflict. The ONLY ONE.
That is probably my favorite thing about Trump's 4 years. Well put.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:26 PM

19,838 posts, read 12,099,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freesponge View Post
Clearing I agree with this. We need to take care of our veterans first and our voting citizens , we can argue for more fair treatment of others who are non-citizens but we need to prioritize our own people. This isn’t rightwing nationalistic logic, the difference with right-wing nationalists is they impose punitive measures on non-nationals and discriminate and I’m saying treat everyone fairly as a human being with dignity but in granting privileges and handouts, prioritize your own citizens, especially veteran soldiers.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/ille...e-illegal.html

When they are being searched by an order to have them removed and a civilian lies telling authorities that there’s nothing here, and then spotted from a camera angle onto their yard they see evidence of hidden illegal immigrants, does this overpower the right of the homeowner to say “this is MY private property get off or i’ll use my fire arm in self-defense ?

And also in the name of freedom, if an American family wants to host an illegal immigrant family in their home and they are all pursuing happiness, seriously why don’t they have that freedom to provide for that family? Maybe it shouldn’t be a criminal manner? When Nazis occupied Poland they stripped away the legal status of all Jews, and a Polish farmer family risked death to illegally hide Jews in their farm and feed them so they wouldn’t die in the Holocaust, if Nazi SS caught them or were tipped off, they would use grenades and set the Polish home on fire , then kill everybody. Is this the same precedent we want to set in America?
- Freesponge

But why can’t we allow private citizens to let them have safe havens? And that the state not get involved unless there’s a complaint on either the hosts or the guests? It would be freedom to host foreigners but where they must complete procedures to obtain legal documents to work and drive and vote , but can STAY if hosted regardless of papers so long as they must exit the country if either party terminates the living arrangement ? And by leave I mean without any negative attribution for having stayed undocumented or hosted with universal exceptions for human rights abuses which apply to all human beings.

If I am walking in Miami and a really cute Haitian family storms into Miami shores and they are looking for a safe place, I think a mother of 3 kids in Miami who says “Awww I have a guest room we will clean you all up and feed you tonight and you stay with us …. I vote we decriminalize that without deportation UNLESS someone connected to that family has guardianship and wants them to return home , or if there’s any objection by either the homeowner or the guests about wanting to leave. In the event there’s exploitation then the guests should have even legal rights but not the right to stay without homeowner consent. And for kids all kids they should have a place they can go for school, documented or not.
- Freesponge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies