Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 12:35 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No. I never said it was okay. My point was this: Follow the money.
That's where voting comes into play. Keep voting for these pro-illegal politicians and a party that won't enforce our immigration laws and protect our border and then you yourself are following the money. That makes you a part of the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
Not slavery in the least bit. No ONE was bought/sold/indentured.

They do it by choice. They aren't educated...we aren't getting doctors, lawyers, engineers swimming across the Rio Grande.

They do manual labor and get paid for it and then send a portion "back home" to provide financial support to their extended families.

Our government allows it so just get used to it.
Get used to it? Now that's the fighting American spirit......NOT!

Old 09-25-2022, 12:38 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
No. I never said it was okay. My point was this: Follow the money.
Government + business

Government allows it so business can make use of cheap labor paid by cash under the table
Every so many often the government raids them. They pay their "kickback" to the government and go right back to what they are doing.

It's a relationship that works.

I lived in Texas and every few years the Sanderson chicken plant got raided.
Article never said what happened with the illegals but the owner paid a fine.
Within a week the plant was fully employed once again.

Nothing was shut down. No one went to jail.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:01 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Government + business
Government allows it so business can make use of cheap labor paid by cash under the table
Every so many often the government raids them. They pay their "kickback" to the government and go right back to what they are doing.

It's a relationship that works.

I lived in Texas and every few years the Sanderson chicken plant got raided.
Article never said what happened with the illegals but the owner paid a fine.
Within a week the plant was fully employed once again.

Nothing was shut down. No one went to jail.
That's exactly how it works. Meat/Poultry processors love to hire illegals because they don't complain or report violations of the law. Both are dangerous jobs resulting in a lot of amputations and serious injuries. If an illegal has an on the job injury the company immediately fires them and calls ICE. The H2A visa (for hiring non-citizens) for farm work is absolutely horrible and usually the brokers who hire all the workers are the only ones who benefit, the workers have to pay large sums to job brokers to get a job. Employers are burdened with everything from paying their transportation costs to and from their country of residence, having to 'guess' at what their harvest will be well in advance of signing a contract and then providing housing for the migrant workers.

My cousin has a farm in central California and she can't hire citizens, they refuse the job no matter what she offers, same with wineries, they are paying $22-$25 an hour for farm workers and can't keep them. The system should give workers a work visa for a year or two and allow them to apply for jobs directly. My guess is that they don't want to do this because they like the idea of the crooked off shore brokers managing the process.

Old 09-25-2022, 01:05 PM

43,124 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Get used to it? Now that's the fighting American spirit......NOT!
Go on..go fight the FedGov who ruled that using e-verify is a form of "citizenship discrimination".

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ate-based-home

Old 09-25-2022, 01:08 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Here's a good place to start:

https://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/R44290.pdf

Remember, too, that illegal aliens file for refundable tax credits using stolen SS#s and the IRS does absolutely nothing about it. They don't even have to inform anyone that another person is illegally using their SS#.

https://americanmilitarynews.com/201...-report-taxes/

And as revealed by the IRS Commissioner in response to a question from Sen. Dan Coats, R-Ind., at a Senate Finance Committee meeting:

IRS Admits It Encourages Illegals To Steal Social Security Numbers For Tax Filing Purposes
Obama did it, and got rich doing it.

Democrats look up to him and support him.

Old 09-25-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Go on..go fight the FedGov who ruled that using e-verify is a form of "citizenship discrimination".

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...ate-based-home
I will fight till my dying breath. E-verify wouldn't even be necessary if we secured our border and removed all of the other incentives for them to come here of which the Democrats will never go for, thus I look forward to another Republican president and congress that will hopefully do the right thing.

I didn't fight in Viet Nam to roll over and not fight for my country today to.

By the way, e-verify is mandated for all state and federal jobs so how could they use the excuse that it's discriminating to use it in the private sector?

Old 09-25-2022, 02:42 PM

23,223 posts, read 29,051,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I always wanted to know what a six-dollar tomato tastes like. Get rid of the immigrants, you will find out.
The meat packing plants have untold number of immigrants working there, and without them, $10 a pound for chicken and pork, and beef prices, God knows!

Old 09-25-2022, 02:51 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchcargo777 View Post
It's funny how the left finally insists on enforcing every possible law that might have been broken if it's by Trump. Anyone else gets a pass.

Trump J-Walked! Off with his head!!!
What's funny is when it is Trump the behavior is excused by the faithful but anyone else should be locked away for life. If I mishandled classified material during my military career the way he did I would be in jail. But I forget he said "Omni Domini" and it is declassified except it doesn't work that way...

Old 09-25-2022, 02:51 PM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Anything that the Republicans have tried to do the Democrats have blocked it.
When the Texas lege was 30 minutes away from passing e verify, it was not stopped by Democrats. It was the lobbyist for a builder who funded the Swift Boat ads and made the Republicans the major party they are in Texas. And a grocer who supports anybody he needs to. Gotta bring in that Mexican produce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies