Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 03:15 PM

37,074 posts, read 19,051,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Let's Go Brandon has nothing to do with marriage. What are you even talking about???
Really? What was the phrase originated to communicate? Sounds like a lot of people chanting the slogan had a heavy-duty crush on Uncle Joe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 03:26 PM

7,255 posts, read 3,451,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Because of 1/6. Ongoing Trump supporters are considered unstable.
yes, that’s what we are being told. but you actually believe it? why are trump
rallies so peaceful? why haven’t all those in attendance done anything? conservative talk show hosts who support trump and are friends with him denounce 1/6. the narrative doesn’t hold up to reality.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:27 PM

29,702 posts, read 24,789,577 times
Quote:
Really? What was the phrase originated to communicate? Sounds like a lot of people chanting the slogan had a heavy-duty crush on Uncle Joe.

The phrase was made up by an NBC newswomen interviewing a Nascar driver named Brandon Brown. Is NBC in the business of creating political slogans? How do you know the fire fighter isn't just a fan of Brandon Brown? I know you want to assume you know everything about the details of this case, right down to who this person voted for, but you can no more make that assumption than you can assume all people wearing BLM shirts voted for Joe Biden or can be considered Joe Biden supporters.

I consider LGB to be modern day Americana, a relic our time, and part of our culture.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:29 PM

45,676 posts, read 23,937,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordBronco1967 View Post
If you can wear a 'BLM' shirt, then you can wear a 'LGB' shirt. If you cannot wear a 'BLM' shirt, then you cannot wear a 'LGB' shirt.

Personally, I believe firemen should only be wearing shirts that bear the name and number of the firehouse they belong to.
Did you find an article suggesting the San Francisco Fire Fighters are allowed to wear a BLM or LGB shirt?

The issue is they were out of uniform.

It's wrong.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:30 PM

17,947 posts, read 27,381,548 times
Quote:
https://www.kron4.com/news/bay-area/...andon-t-shirt/

You can wear all the BLM stuff you want. You could even be the leader of pAntifa... But if we spot you sporting "let's go Brandon" gear, that is crossing the line in San Fran...
I remember during the 2020 Summer of Love, Joe Biden Campaign Rally's, aka "Mostly Peaceful Protest fire-bombing riots and them going after cops and firefighters just trying to save lives.

Firefighters hate liberals' antics and I don't blame them.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Did you find an article suggesting the San Francisco Fire Fighters are allowed to wear a BLM or LGB shirt?

The issue is they were out of uniform.

It's wrong.

San Fran has WAYYY bigger problems to worry about right now. And the future isn't looking any brighter for that place. But they choose to pick on this fire fighter, because TDS. Interesting.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:35 PM

6,271 posts, read 2,642,560 times
If the firefighter violated the policy then he should be disciplined. There is really no need for politics on the job.

But this policy needs to be applied equally if a Firefighter is seen wearing any "Liberal" favoring group or person they too need to be disciplined in the same way. However, this is San Francisco so if there ever is a Firefighter who did that, I doubt they would be called out on Social Media.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:37 PM

Quote:
The phrase was made up by an NBC newswomen interviewing a Nascar driver named Brandon Brown. Is NBC in the business of creating political slogans? How do you know the fire fighter isn't just a fan of Brandon Brown? I know you want to assume you know everything about the details of this case, right down to who this person voted for, but you can no more make that assumption than you can assume all people wearing BLM shirts voted for Joe Biden or can be considered Joe Biden supporters.

I consider LGB to be modern day Americana, a relic our time, and part of our culture.
Don't be disingenuous. It's unbecoming. The newswoman's name is Kellie Stavast and the interview was at Talladega in October of 2021.

https://www.dictionary.com/e/slang/lets-go-brandon/

https://www.fox13news.com/news/what-...d-it-come-from

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/lets-go-brandon-meaning

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let%27s_Go_Brandon

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nasc...1o91zoimp2jevo

Old 09-25-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
If the firefighter violated the policy then he should be disciplined. There is really no need for politics on the job.

But this policy needs to be applied equally if a Firefighter is seen wearing any "Liberal" favoring group or person they too need to be disciplined in the same way. However, this is San Francisco so if there ever is a Firefighter who did that, I doubt they would be called out on Social Media.
He violated their written dress code, as would the wearer of clothing with a BLM, Antifa, Joe Biden, or Bernie Sanders slogan.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:40 PM

Quote:

I'm not going to assume anything about this individual. If you would like to hold a grudge against this guy over a t-shirt, go ahead. Seems kinda silly to me, looking down at people for sporting t-shirts you don't like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies