Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2022, 06:34 AM

2,912 posts, read 1,248,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Because I hate disinformation.
^^^IRONY ALERT!^^^

“Let’s go Brandon” loosely translates to “my spouse is my favorite cousin.”

"Let's Go Brandon" loosely translates to "I loathe the vegetable that was illegally installed in the White House."

Fixed that ^^^for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2022, 06:38 AM

3,989 posts, read 6,575,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
Incorrect.

Charlottesville.

During a campaign he instructed his minions to beat up journalist and he would pay their lawyer fees. They promptly followed his directive. Go look it up .

As for the attire.... Yeah. Free speech is not absolute. You want to wear a kkk outfit and say it don't mean nuffin. I call hogwash. Go ask anyone wearing a military uniform or combat garb. Most wear it to signify their position or rank.

So too with folks that wear disparaging phrases. I appreciate that singling themselves out. I'm much obliged to keep them off my Christmas list.
I'm actually a big fan of the shirts and flags as well - helps me know which locals in my area are stupid.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:39 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,176,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
“Let’s go Brandon” loosely translates to “my spouse is my favorite cousin.”

I really think everybody would be a lot more comfortable with people identifying themselves with these shirts so they can be avoided. They could be dangerous.
And anyone who voted for Biden is a Bigot as your post and Joe Biden has proven over the last 50 years.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Of course, the initial reason the firefighter was noted for being out of uniform was the bold message on the back of the t-shirt. I wonder if the firefighter had had a rainbow flag if some other person would have been triggered to call and complain about the out of uniform fire fighter.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:42 AM

1,665 posts, read 974,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
I worked for the federal government. We couldn't campaign for a candidate, or even run for a partisan office, due to the Hatch Act. I think we were allowed a bumper sticker though, but I'm not certain about that. I'd never deface my vehicle with a bumper sticker of any kind.

Too bad the Hatch Act doesn't also include the President and members of Congress.
We're not allowed a bumper sticker either. I'm the same way about the stickers on bumper. However the only thing I have visible outside is my FD badge with our local chapter number. Just in case when people and police sees my response lights inside truck when I'm away from home on vacation. Gets a little nerve wracking sometimes when they do see me coming and decides to slow down and shift lanes, thinking I'm a cop!

Old 09-26-2022, 06:49 AM

4,901 posts, read 2,055,276 times
I support MAGA policies, but I agree that as a public servant, all political imagery shouldn’t be allowed WHEN ON DUTY, to incline LGB. BUT!! That goes for BLM and whatever liberal/leftist items as well.

The problem is that we have two standards, and in most cases, conservative viewpoints are judged at a higher standard, which causes people to call BS and test the system.

My question to SFFD is that individuals that wore anything remotely political, yet leaned to liberal/leftist views, were those firefighters held or going to held to the same standards as the firefighter in question? If not, I have to call BS since it would be another case of double standards.

Old 09-26-2022, 07:08 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,863,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergun View Post
The problem is that we have two standards, and in most cases, conservative viewpoints are judged at a higher standard, which causes people to call BS and test the system.
The problem is you’re calling it a separate standard, but you have no evidence whatsoever to support your statement i.e. it’s just political noise. Obviously, the SFFD has a uniform; it’s meant to unite and represent all of SF - not just the radical right or those who are essentially still whining about Biden winning.

Do they wear their uniform to do a job or ‘test the system’ for attention? That’s the crucial point of reference.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:51 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,174,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
If they are in a paid position (not volunteers putting in their own time) I agree. Same with ANY government employee-especially teachers whose apparel presents a political view to students.
It would depend on the individual school district's policy. The San Francisco Fire Department uniform policy does not apply nationwide, or to any other group other than the San Francisco Fire Department.

As for volunteers: If a volunteer is representing my organization, dress codes and codes of conduct for my organization apply.

Old 09-26-2022, 08:53 AM

43,076 posts, read 18,252,401 times
BLM or Pride and he would have been OK.

This is the new America...we added an "in" before tolerance now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies